Mud flaps - Why so expensive?

M66
Oct 26, 2021

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

Love them or hate them, they do serve a purpose (especially in the northeast during winter).

So why do these cost ~$450 per pair (each - front and back) or $900 total (before tax and shipping)? The lowest price I've found is ~$370 for each pair or $740 in total.

Front, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-A
Rear, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-C

It is also unclear if the fender flare is included in the kit. Fender flare is in the diagram for parts, but again not clear what's included. Can't image why the fender flare would be replaced just for mud flaps.
Any alternatives to the Ford mud flaps would be appreciated.
Badlands with rock rails.
ML21130.png
Speed Devil, jd-ford-hd
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 26, 2021

I looked on the Ford accessories webpage and it appears that that if you are willing to go without the fancy stamped metal plate you can get the mudguards for 49.99 a pair. That seems a bit more reasonable.
RJames, MarkSHorses

Rank V

Oct 26, 2021

Maybe Pep Boys will offer a cheap Yosemite Sam "Back Off!" set?
Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Tentative Build Date - Week of 11/15/21
Toys: 1971 FJ40 - 1989 Toyota Pickup - 1998 C5 vert
NavPatriot, EvlNvrDys

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

I looked on the Ford accessories webpage and it appears that that if you are willing to go without the fancy stamped metal plate you can get the mudguards for 49.99 a pair. That seems a bit more reasonable.
Thanks. If you are referring to Part No: M2DZ16A550BB and M2DZ16A550AA, the description points out they are not compatible with rock rails (although the pictures shows them with rock rails). I'd actually rather have these than the logo type.

Rank V

Oct 26, 2021

Love them or hate them, they do serve a purpose (especially in the northeast during winter).

So why do these cost ~$450 per pair (each - front and back) or $900 total (before tax and shipping)? The lowest price I've found is ~$370 for each pair or $740 in total.
I have been wondering the very same thing.!
F ederal O wnership R espectfully D eclined

Rank I

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

Maybe Pep Boys will offer a cheap Yosemite Sam "Back Off!" set?
If only!!! Maybe I'll design my own.

Rank I

Oct 27, 2021

Thanks, but these are for the Bronco Sport...
Humm ok, i don't see that info anywhere though

Rank III

Oct 27, 2021

Humm ok, i don't see that info anywhere though
I stand corrected - These are for the 2021 Bronco (not Sport), but are not compatible with rock rails. The hunt continues...

Ford: M2DZ-16A550-AA
PLEASE NOTE:
  • NOT compatible with side steps, rock rails, or any appearance package.
  • For use with Standard Fender Flare.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 27, 2021

Come on, trucker girl mud flaps can't be that much.
Slownstddy, Bronco1984

Rank IV

Oct 31, 2021

I just got these but haven't had them installed yet for my Outer Banks, should be more clearer from Ford on what's going on with these.

Rank V

Oct 31, 2021

Because people are stupid enough to spend that much on mud flaps. Weathertech or husky liner will probably come out with something
Bronco 202?

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 31, 2021

Because people are stupid enough to spend that much on mud flaps. Weathertech or husky liner will probably come out with something
They should do a ghetto floor mat mud flap for people on a budget. :ROFLMAO:
Speed Devil, cmiller81

Rank V

Oct 31, 2021

They should do a ghetto floor mat mud flap for people on a budget. :ROFLMAO:
I still can't believe that mud flaps cost as much as a freaking front or rear bumper

OBIE

Oct 31, 2021

Front, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-A
Rear, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-C

It is also unclear if the fender flare is included in the kit. Fender flare is in the diagram for parts, but again not clear what's included. Can't image why the fender flare would be replaced just for mud flaps.
Any alternatives to the Ford mud flaps would be appreciated.
Badlands with rock rails.
View attachment 20281
Try Fairfield Ford outa Chicago. Even though Im a Ford salaried retiree and get 10%, they often do 15. And shipping is fast and not scam priced

Rank 0

Nov 04, 2021

too much $$. give it time more will be coming Im sure
RJames

Rank 0

Dec 12, 2021

I have tryed every option I could find and the 449 from ford is crazy so I went with 35dollar ones from online with silver ford on them the 49 ford ones won’t work with Sasquatch package and I would not pay 449 so the ones I got look ok and they do there purpose and protect the doors so just wanted to share

Knows the cheat code.

Dec 12, 2021

I bought those. They are cheap CRAP, really thin plastic! I am going to return them. They require drilling in several places. The front ones actually require drilling into the side of the flares.
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2021

Thanks. If you are referring to Part No: M2DZ16A550BB and M2DZ16A550AA, the description points out they are not compatible with rock rails (although the pictures shows them with rock rails). I'd actually rather have these than the logo type.
People have posted instructions for modifying them to fit with the step rails. I know I have seen instructions on the other, unmentionable, forum.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22