More Testing needed

Hossamus prime
Sep 17, 2020

Rank V

Sep 17, 2020

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple tothe fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.
Roberto, BroncoMax
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2020

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 17, 2020

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple to the fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.
Sounds great! I'm curious what vehicle characteristics make one truck better than another when going through the Gumbo mud? If you look at Rubicon or Moab, a truck that articulates well or has front and rear lockers as well as ground clearance could help with the rocks. Does ground clearance, lockers and tires make the biggest difference in the mud?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Sep 17, 2020

All comes down to mainly tires and clearance. If you have a heavy vehicle, thinner tall tires are best to get down something you can grip. In my 90 Bronco I had 33's that were fairly wide, and with the light weight I could "float" or "swim" across the top. Need tires that will clean out easily and not gum up.
Bronc96, 93jason

Rank VI

Sep 17, 2020

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple tothe fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.

Thank you for your postings! With my mostly urban exposure, I did not understand the term "duck pit" so Google to the rescue. Now I know! Outstanding!

http://bayoudeviewduckblinds.com/duck-pit/
Shadowblade, Hossamus prime

Rank VI

Sep 18, 2020

This is the testing I want to see as well.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306

Rank VI

Sep 18, 2020

This was one of the first tests they did.... even before the reveal.

https://community.thebronconation.com/georgia-mud-testing/
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank V

Sep 18, 2020

This was one of the first tests they did.... even before the reveal.

https://community.thebronconation.com/georgia-mud-testing/

Shh, maybe they'll forget
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank V

Sep 21, 2020

Georgia mud is like polymer! LOL
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years

Rank V

Sep 21, 2020

Georgia mud is like polymer! LOL

We really need to test that wash out interior!
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2020

We got a little of every type of terrain here in Texas. Missed that event in Austin last month. Hope to see the Bronco and BS soon.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]

Rank VI

Sep 24, 2020

this "mud" that you speak of...what is it? Is it that substance the appears for 21 seconds between when rain hits earth and soaks into the ground or evaporates back into the atmosphere? ;)

Here in AZ, rocky/sandy/deserty/mountainous terrain is what I'm most concerned with, but I'm curious to see the Bronco's capabilities in all types of terrain.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronc96, TorgSurv
SandboxGeneral

Sep 24, 2020

Perhaps we'd need to see the Bronco in this type of mud. Up here in Michigan, it can get quite muddy.

Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 25, 2020

I really know I'm getting old 'cause instead of thinking how much fun it would be to tear around in that mud, I was thinking about how long it would take to clean up the truck after doing that. :cry:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank III

Oct 15, 2020

I really know I'm getting old 'cause instead of thinking how much fun it would be to tear around in that mud, I was thinking about how long it would take to clean up the truck after doing that. :cry:
YUP!
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank V

Oct 17, 2020

Live in snow country. Nice to now...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank VI

Oct 31, 2020

I want to see more mud and forest, crossing downed trees, rivers, streams, and mud, Mud, MUD!!!
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Deano Bronc, Hossamus prime

Rank VI

Oct 31, 2020

I feel your pain... I live in SC with red clay mud that sticks to everything and is tough to clean off the suspension and undercarriage, but it is fun getting it on there! :p
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc, Hossamus prime