More Information on Chip Shortages and Bronco

Will you be editing your order to optimize for delivery time?

• Yes, I didn't need that Sasquatch package anyway.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Nope, I'm going to be patient and get the Bronco I want.

Votes: 187 88.6%
  • I'm now paralyzed with indecision.

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Agreed. Dealers over customers is not a great business model since there would be no Dealers w/o customers. How rad would a "roadmap" of dealer allocations be? I mean I've flown to Idaho and driven 7 hours home to save a few thousand on a vehicle because our local dealers think they have a captive market. I sure as hell would fly within at least a 12 hour drive or so to pick up a Bronco. Think of the business it would bring to dealers who don't have a large customer base (I presume all are allocated already). I mean if they allocations were evenly spread to all dealers rather than by dealer size what a financial boom for some smaller dealers. As it stands we have no way of knowing allocations country wide. For 99.9% of us our local dealers have not shown us any loyalty by giving us priority so why should we be loyal?

Also on the bright side, this is giving extra time for other makers to catch up with the features that are making the Bronco so popular. I know we have some Bronco die-hards in here but I am by no means some Ford fan boy come hell or high water. If Toyota had the features that I'm jumping ship for I'd go Toyota all day every day. They have had almost a year already to put an amazing 4Runner or FJ on paper and at least for the 4Runner it is already long overdue, so who knows.
Up until now I wouldn't buy anything but Ford (for daily drivers) but that may change. I don't drive trucks or suvs. I'm like millions of other people I drive a car so I can get more than 12 mpg. I never considered an SUV until they said they were going to build a Bronco.2 years from now I might not need or want a Bronco.
Dealers are scum plain and simple.
I'm not buying the rhetoric attempting to defend Ford, they screwed up and don't help themselves with the lies.

Reactions: Pakrat

KennyMac

Rank IV

Supporter III

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Agreed. Dealers over customers is not a great business model since there would be no Dealers w/o customers. How rad would a "roadmap" of dealer allocations be? I mean I've flown to Idaho and driven 7 hours home to save a few thousand on a vehicle because our local dealers think they have a captive market. I sure as hell would fly within at least a 12 hour drive or so to pick up a Bronco. Think of the business it would bring to dealers who don't have a large customer base (I presume all are allocated already). I mean if allocations were evenly spread to all dealers rather than by dealer size what a financial boon for some smaller dealers. As it stands we have no way of knowing allocations country wide. For 99.9% of us our local dealers have not shown us any loyalty by giving us priority so why should we be loyal?

Also on the bright side, this is giving extra time for other makers to catch up with the features that are making the Bronco so popular. I know we have some Bronco die-hards in here but I am by no means some Ford fan boy come hell or high water. If Toyota had the features that I'm jumping ship for I'd go Toyota all day every day. They have had almost a year already to put an amazing 4Runner or FJ on paper and at least for the 4Runner it is already long overdue, so who knows.
Maybe to reduce the games and guesswork they should have done allocations based on the buyer's home zip code instead of whatever dealer you might travel to. That way, you could just pick your dealer the old fashioned way, by service and price, instead of by speculating and gambling on some super secret allocation formula that changes by the day, with consequences of whether or not you even get a vehicle...

Reactions: ABQNMBronco

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Hi all, I know I'm a little late to the discussion, (I'm not upset) but I do have some questions about that Picture example of Broncos: To all you Badlanders out there like me, (or anyone else for that matter) does any of this make you wonder ? I mean, a Badlands model is over halfway home to being a Sasquatch package anyway, just look at the cost if you went Squatch... half the price of any other model....throw in the Tires, rims, Gear ratio, and transmission I guess. But that is going to delay my Badlands???? I hope that this pictorial is a bad example of what might happen.... Still staying with what we ordered come Hell or High Water, but your thoughts would be appreciated nonetheless.

Thanks
Right now just figure that pretty much anything you want is gonna delay the build

14U

Rank VI

Don't delete

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

I checked out my local grocery store.
We have plenty of chips down here.
I’ll be happy to send a pallet or two up there if they need them.
There are also plenty of microchips in the bottom of each bag.
Just willing to do my part.

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I checked out my local grocery store.
We have plenty of chips down here.
I’ll be happy to send a pallet or two up there if they need them.
There are also plenty of microchips in the bottom of each bag.
Just willing to do my part.
I can also send some hard tops from the beer bottles I've been drinking. They are twist so should be easy for them to install too!

Krallmans

Rank 0

Advocate I

May 6, 2021
Charleston, Arkansas
First Name
Melisa
Last Name
Krallman
Pretty dumb. Many buyers would go for options like the soft top if they could order their Bronco wired for the hardtop when it arrives. Personally don't know anyone who doesn't want both eventually.

Same goes for Sasquatch. If I could order the Bronco with the 4.70 gears and skip the other parts of Sasquatch I would! You can't get the 35's w/o the sasquatch either! It is half the reason to buy a Bronco over a Jeep. I have hated immediately dropping another $5k in wheels, tires, and re-gearing in my past Toyotas and Jeeps.

Based on their initial claims of reservations being the top priority, Ford should be holding back parts for each build as the reservation comes up. Instead as it stands now for example, someone who has a later reservation timestamp who doesn't order a Sasquatch might get their 2.7 L Badlands built with the MIC top before someone with the same build plus the Sasquatch. In the meantime, the Sasquatch parts become available for the earlier reservation holder but now the MIC has run out of stock so the vicious cycle repeats.
I totally agree with you! I don't feel like our reservation number matters at all.

TurnerNHooch

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 22, 2021
San Jose, CA
First Name
Patti
Last Name
Martin
June 1st my lease runs out. Will drive BMW GS 1250 Adventure motorcycle till Bronco comes. No worries!
Same boat here, lease on my Unlimited is up 6/5 so I'll be sharing a YJ with my son until ours arrives. It's not likely to be a huge imposition, I only leave the house by myself once or twice a week. :ROFLMAO: Pandemic accommodations have made my lifestyle much easier to maintain.