More Information on Chip Shortages and Bronco

Will you be editing your order to optimize for delivery time?

• Yes, I didn't need that Sasquatch package anyway.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Nope, I'm going to be patient and get the Bronco I want.

Votes: 187 88.6%
  • I'm now paralyzed with indecision.

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
I don't know that anyone has been paying particular attention to the Base model capabilities. This description may rub people the wrong way, but the Bronco is just an SUV; essentially a Jeep Wrangler or 4Runner, an SUV with a "real" transfer case.

I don't need to see a video or read Twitter to know what the capability of the Base model will be. It'll be the same as a 100" - 120" wheelbase SUV with open differentials. It will work well enough, as long as the tires have traction; which means it'll stop when it loses traction, when the road is rutted/rocky and there isn't sufficient downward pressure on one tire. It's IFS so it will probably lose traction sooner than a Wrangler, but similarly to a 4Runner.

I've owned 4x4 vehicles since I was old enough to drive, and the Base Bronco will act just like any of them with open differentials. Hell, it even has the same differential gearing as the competition.

Last edited:

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I don't blame Ford one bit as every car manufacturer is running into supply chain problems.

We all want our vehicles sooner than later and many of us have been waiting for almost a year from completing our reservations.

May and June are going to be dry months for info as well. I spoke with one of the aftermarket parts companies and they told me that their parts will ship in July. They also said that they see July as the true start to the Bronco launch. Over the next 2 months there will be Broncos arriving into aftermarket shops and will even be sharing their Broncos to other shops to get measurements and fitments.

I've never been one to put reservations down on anything. If there is something I want I research it and buy it after deciding which is best. The Bronco has been a first for me in that respect as I'm excited to take my family on some trips and explore areas my Explorer would struggle on.

Many people in the comments are losing faith in this process and its sad to see but I was always told growing up. "Surround yourself around positive influences and everything will fall in line". We need to stick together and try and see what positives we can find. Let's boost each other and see what we will be doing instead of focusing on all the negative.

I can't wait to see each and every one of you on the trail and share some stories and maybe a drink.

Signed, Mr I'm trying to be positive. :sneaky:

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I don't blame Ford one bit as every car manufacturer is running into supply chain problems.

We all want our vehicles sooner than later and many of us have been waiting for almost a year from completing our reservations.

May and June are going to be dry months for info as well. I spoke with one of the aftermarket parts companies and they told me that their parts will ship in July. They also said that they see July as the true start to the Bronco launch. Over the next 2 months there will be Broncos arriving into aftermarket shops and will even be sharing their Broncos to other shops to get measurements and fitments.

I've never been one to put reservations down on anything. If there is something I want I research it and buy it after deciding which is best. The Bronco has been a first for me in that respect as I'm excited to take my family on some trips and explore areas my Explorer would struggle on.

Many people in the comments are losing faith in this process and its sad to see but I was always told growing up. "Surround yourself around positive influences and everything will fall in line". We need to stick together and try and see what positives we can find. Let's boost each other and see what we will be doing instead of focusing on all the negative.

I can't wait to see each and every one of you on the trail and share some stories and maybe a drink.

Signed, Mr I'm trying to be positive. :sneaky:
Time for a cartoon? Where are the smiles? Show me your happy face! :)

1620167964184.png

HoosierDaddy

Rank III

Promoter III

May 21, 2020
Northwest Indiana, IN, USA
Member #

I've been on this ride since 2016. The only thing I am Shocked about is , somehow, a base Base 2dr Bronco would be delayed because of the hard top.....with no option for a soft top to replace it. wt actual f?
That simply does not compute. I'm not sure about Wabasto, but I've known this thing was coming since 2016..... HTF did this happen?

Like others have said, gimme the wiring and washer plumbing and set me up with a soft top for the time being, just get it here.

Cheeselog

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 5, 2021
St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Schroeder
I just want a realistic estimate. I'm trying to keep my 2004 f150 running long enough to get my Bronco. I spun out on the ice last winter and bent the frame, but I'm still limping along. Having usable data so I can determine how much work to put into it, how much time to invest into it, and how long I need to keep it moving would be really helpful. I know my old truck will get me through the summer but I don't know if it can last another winter.

Just give me a realistic date so I can plan for it.

Broncadonk MKG

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 23, 2020
Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Mikayla
Last Name
Gentine
Member #

Pretty soon I'm just going to cancel! Can't stand much more of of this crap.
Steady now, the seas are getting choppy but we are still doing well. Even if our Broncos drop into late 2022, we have price control! That is like money in the bank.
We now have reason to believe the May emails will not get shipped out until sometime after 5/11. Brace yourself for that event!
In reality I see no strong competitor to the Bronco based on my intended use. That equation changes radically this summer if the order banks open for the redesigned MY22 Ford Ranger Tremor. Should be an interesting summer with or without the Bronco!
I compared the MSRP of my BD build in my order sheet to the online B&P. Somehow, in some way, (unless I’m missing something which wouldn’t be surprising, but I scoured my order sheet pretty good) MSRP jumped by $1000 already.
Anyone who jumps ship now, expecting to do this again in a couple years when the market normalizes, is in for a big “oh s**t” moment.
People don’t realize that dealers are literally paying retail for auction inventory right now. Gone are the days of rebates, discounts and price negotiation in 9 out of 10 cases, new AND used. Economists and auto market experts are predicting that the market will be much worse in 3 months, and we can reasonably expect prices to stay this high for at least a year.

Jump ship now if y’all want, but I’m willing to bet cold hard cash that you won’t ever get the same price for your build again after this. Not even Ford, nor any other manufacturer, could’ve predicted this. It’s worse than the recession and it’s about to get even hairier.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I compared the MSRP of my BD build in my order sheet to the online B&P. Somehow, in some way, (unless I’m missing something which wouldn’t be surprising, but I scoured my order sheet pretty good) MSRP jumped by $1000 already.
Anyone who jumps ship now, expecting to do this again in a couple years when the market normalizes, is in for a big “oh s**t” moment.
People don’t realize that dealers are literally paying retail for auction inventory right now. Gone are the days of rebates, discounts and price negotiation in 9 out of 10 cases, new AND used. Economists and auto market experts are predicting that the market will be much worse in 3 months, and we can reasonably expect prices to stay this high for at least a year.

Jump ship now if y’all want, but I’m willing to bet cold hard cash that you won’t ever get the same price for your build again after this. Not even Ford, nor any other manufacturer, could’ve predicted this. It’s worse than the recession and it’s about to get even hairier.
Real Talk

J.bell

Rank III

Supporter I

Mar 25, 2021
Bay Shore, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bellino
JIT manufacturing + world events + new product with unknown average demand structure= product delays.

I feel bad for myself and want my Bronco, but having been in the boat Ford is in, I feel for them so much. The worst is the inability to accurately describe the situation to the customer base without making people go worst case on you and jump ship.
Sorry I don’t feel bad for Ford at all. Instead of saying we’re going to put off the roll out until we can deliver what we promised you, the guy who plunked down money. We want you to edit your order so some asshole dealer can have your build on his lot. Part of getting sas package is maintaining warranty. If they kept time stamps in order as they should. Contact the people with supply issues. I think people would be more understanding. Instead Ford keeps us in the dark and leaks bad new through this forum. I think they’re afraid to call because I’d tell them to stuff it!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

For me, it is the lack of control which is most depressing. In situations like this I crave information. Unfortunately, the information needed to make informed decisions is unavailable. Some might say, how about looking at more Bronco trail ride videos. Looking at endless Bronco videos makes about as much sense as discussing exterior colors by looking at painted jerry cans.

Clearly, my efforts are on hold until I obtain more information. I will go off camping and enjoy this fine spring weather.

Sven

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 13, 2021
West Yellowstone, Montana
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Larson
For me, it is the lack of control which is most depressing. In situations like this I crave information. Unfortunately, the information needed to make informed decisions is unavailable. Some might say, how about looking at more Bronco trail ride videos. Looking at endless Bronco videos makes about as much sense as discussing exterior colors by looking at painted jerry cans.

Clearly, my efforts are on hold until I obtain more information. I will go off camping and enjoy this fine spring weather.
I concur.
I sold my 01 Srw, have a company truck for work and my 67 Bronco is loaded for the same adventures we have had for the last 35+ years. I don't need this New Bronco but I want one. It's ordered how I want it and I will wait for it. In the meantime you will find me and the ole' Bronco ripping around the back country in SW Montana doing what we always do. Hang in there folks. Good things come to those who wait!

lonzo71

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

This is why I was going to post a reply to someone else, but decided it might be better to just ignore the person. Bashing Ford in most post they did, just got tired of it. I would like to ask @David or @Laura or the BN group, The email that suppose to come out in May, will that be for ALL reservations up to a certain date? Cause my understanding is that this will be a very small group and the rest will be emailed this fall. Just adds to the misunderstanding why there was a cutoff on changes in April when only so many would only be built and doesn't apply to. Guess we'll know in another week or two.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

This is why I was going to post a reply to someone else, but decided it might be better to just ignore the person. Bashing Ford in most post they did, just got tired of it. I would like to ask @David or @Laura or the BN group, The email that suppose to come out in May, will that be for ALL reservations up to a certain date? Cause my understanding is that this will be a very small group and the rest will be emailed this fall. Just adds to the misunderstanding why there was a cutoff on changes in April when only so many would only be built and doesn't apply to. Guess we'll know in another week or two.
Our understanding is that every order holder will get a production timing estimate email in May. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if those who have already had their builds scheduled for production don’t get it.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

I just want a realistic estimate. I'm trying to keep my 2004 f150 running long enough to get my Bronco. I spun out on the ice last winter and bent the frame, but I'm still limping along. Having usable data so I can determine how much work to put into it, how much time to invest into it, and how long I need to keep it moving would be really helpful. I know my old truck will get me through the summer but I don't know if it can last another winter.

Just give me a realistic date so I can plan for it.

deadpool.png

Wchase44

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 5, 2021
Wilmette, illinois
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Chase
I honestly don’t understand that particular Ford problem, as that’s an easy dealer bolt on after you take delivery, as long as Ford ran the wiring at the factory. So now it hints towards wiring shortages as well ?
For what it’s worth my dealer said he hadn’t heard anything about tow hitches being the problem. Said don’t bother removing it from the order....

Reactions: 14U and BuzzyBud

lonzo71

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Our understanding is that every order holder will get a production timing estimate email in May. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if those who have already had their builds scheduled for production don’t get it.
I pray you're right!

Reactions: Jakob1972 and 14U

lonzo71

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

I emailed my dealer about the tow hitch yesterday and they said that has not been communicated to them at this point.
did the same, but no word about the change so who knows

Reactions: FLgirl

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

@BuzzyBud I am envious of your ability to unplug and retreat to your Fortress of Solitude. I wish I could get away for a bit and do likewise. Oh wait! I have taken off today and tomorrow and Monday! The wife and I are flying out of SFO this afternoon and flying to PHX. Gonna head to the new home in AZ. Then tomorrow we are packing up The Edge and heading north up to Williams and the Grand Canyon. Some well deserved time alone away from it all. 56 days till day zero! I suggest we all try to take a breath and decompress this weekend. Hang in there people