More difficult waiting period?

tlowell01
Sep 02, 2020

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

We new bronco enthusiasts are in for a long wait until we get our vehicles. What's going to be the harder wait period for people, 1). announcement to order (Mid July - Dec) or 2). Order to delivery (Dec - ???)? It's like being a kid and waiting for the agonizingly slow march of time to Christmas morning.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Pyckse, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 02, 2020
SandboxGeneral

Sep 02, 2020

I think for me, the hardest part is waiting on the Build & Price to go live! I want to see exactly how everything will be packaged and priced so that I can make an informed decision on how I want mine put together. Then after that, the next hardest part will be waiting to put my order in and knowing what the financials will end up being. Once I get through all of that, I can sit back and wait for it to come in next year.

Of course I say all of that now before its done. I could very easily change my mind once the order is in and then can't wait to get it! hahahaha

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

I think for me, the hardest part is waiting on the Build & Price to go live! I want to see exactly how everything will be packaged and priced so that I can make an informed decision on how I want mine put together. Then after that, the next hardest part will be waiting to put my order in and knowing what the financials will end up being. Once I get through all of that, I can sit back and wait for it to come in next year.

Of course I say all of that now before its done. I could very easily change my mind once the order is in and then can't wait to get it! hahahaha
I think for me its going to be after I place my order and have to wait. We've been spoiled by Amazon. Make an online order, receive item in 2 days. Waiting months and months is going to drag!!!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
LolaD, Pyckse
SandboxGeneral

Sep 02, 2020

I think for me its going to be after I place my order and have to wait. We've been spoiled by Amazon. Make an online order, receive item in 2 days. Waiting months and months is going to drag!!!
Yup. At least I'm old enough to remember and appreciate the mail order catalog days. "Send us your money and you'll receive your product in 6 to 8 weeks!"
Pyckse, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 02, 2020

B&P is a hard wait because you want to see what you can and cant get with each model. The hardest will be though once you order it and waiting until only God knows when to receive it and get to actually use it and enjoy. Although sometimes the anticipation is half of the fun.... Who am I kidding I want MY BRONCO! :LOL:
Deano Bronc, BBNation

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

I have enough things to occupy my time until December, so I will have to say from January to delivery. That is going to be rough.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306

Rank V

Sep 02, 2020

It’s all painful. I want to build and get it. :cry:
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Deano Bronc, NHWolverine_12

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Sep 02, 2020

with a 16,000 mile trip riding on this vehicle its definitely AFTER ordering. phase one starts July of next year. We would VERY much like to have it by then.

L.R.
NHWolverine_12

Rank V

Sep 02, 2020

The more time I have with the configurator, the more $ that build will be I’m afraid. Oh I need that syndrome kicks in. Kidding aside, waiting anxiously for it to go live.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 03, 2020

I think order to delivery is going to be the most agonizing wait for me. I mean, this whole B&P fiasco is incredibly frustrating and it sucks, but, once I've placed my order and awaiting the delivery? Yeah...if my Wife thinks I'm driving her nuts about this vehicle now? It'll be even worse when I know my Bronco is on its way.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
LolaD, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2020

I had to wait about 18 months for my 2019 Raptor (started with a 2018, and it became a 2019 by time I actually ordered it). So this is much shorter.

To pass the time I tried to get all wrapped up in work.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)

Bronco guy doing Bronco-ey things with his Bronco

Sep 03, 2020

I have three vehicle projects to finish, so I need every bit of that “spring” delivery date.
First Edition 4dr
1967 Bronco
1993 Mustang Notchback
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 03, 2020

Since I've already decided not to buy year 1, I'm over the hype. It's whatever. I would like to play around with build and price but whatever
SlashRacer

Rank VI

Sep 03, 2020

I believe we may see a phased approach to the Build/Price function. Ford has already hinted to the release of an accessories catalog. That may be phase one. This phase could start next week.

I suspect Ford is very concerned they may be underestimating the volume of users who will log onto the Build/Price and stay on for hours configuring multiple models and just having fun looking at the various color combinations and the 360 degree interior views. A phased approach might help them get a better handle on volume projections.

Brace yourself for a rocky start to the Build/Price phase in this extraordinary journey.
Rusty Shackleford, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 03, 2020

Brace yourself for a rocky start to the Build/Price phase in this extraordinary journey.
I agree but I doubt many of us expect anything else but a rocky start. :LOL: It is what it is!:geek:

For me, I think the wait between order and delivery will be the worse. The winter months up here are hard and long enough, now I have to go through them with the anticipation of getting my new Bronco.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank IV

Sep 04, 2020

I'd love to wait for 3rd year like I think for Raptor (bought 2019 wanted 2017) but I'm afraid both bronco and Jeep will be casualties of the Eco police. Don't forget that before 2016 there a mandate for every manufacture to increase across the line MPG to 30 by now and in near future it was supposed to be 50!! That would eliminate many vehicles from the line.

So I moving on year one assuming Biden will win and put his plan back in place and bronco, Jeep, pickup, and v8's all go away most non hybrid sports cars etc.. (this will be a sad day :() [gee basically everything I like to drive]

if not I'll buy a newer on in 2023 or 2024.

Europe is also pushing for higher fuel economy, maybe that is why bronco is North American only?
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Sep 04, 2020

I'd love to wait for 3rd year like I think for Raptor (bought 2019 wanted 2017) but I'm afraid both bronco and Jeep will be casualties of the Eco police. Don't forget that before 2016 there a mandate for every manufacture to increase across the line MPG to 30 by now and in near future it was supposed to be 50!! That would eliminate many vehicles from the line.

So I moving on year one assuming Biden will win and put his plan back in place and bronco, Jeep, pickup, and v8's all go away most non hybrid sports cars etc.. (this will be a sad day :() [gee basically everything I like to drive]

if not I'll buy a newer on in 2023 or 2024.

Europe is also pushing for higher fuel economy, maybe that is why bronco is North American only?
At this point don't assume anything in that respect of the election. As far as the EPA standard goes that number is set for across the manufacturers entire vehicle lineup, so it's average, not each car has to have 30 or 50mpg. Why do you think they are releasing an electric SUV in the way of the Mach E the same time they are releasing Bronco. So they offset and balance each other out to keep them above the threshold. Ford and Jeep and all these others wouldn't put all this time, effort and money into something they thought would be extinct in a few years. For instance Jeep released a Wagoneer yesterday and though there is a hybrid option they said the first and many of the trim levels are going to be gas only. The thing is huge and will most likely be using V6 and V8 power. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. Plus they are most likely going to release a hybrid version at some point I would assume and be able to use that to say they meet the EPA standard on Bronco. The EPA has given car manufacturers a way around it in a way. Trucks and SUVs aren't going away anytime soon or else every car company is making a horrible mistake by continuing to develop and invest in making primarily SUVs and Trucks.
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Sep 04, 2020

hopefully you are right. I'm just planning for worst case scenario. I bought a 1997 TJ when they came out and in 99 I trade it in on a 99. Only lost sales tax etc.

Plan to do same on bronco.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor