More bad press…

SuperMike
May 31, 2022

Rank V

May 31, 2022

Looks like media outlets are catching on to dirt/ice mountain and the waits. After admitting their mistake and changing how reservations will be built for the Maverick and Lightning, I STILL do not understand why @Ford Motor Company has held onto the allocations formula for the Bronco. My mom recently returned from Florida and said they had ads on TV for them down there… now that might be a local dealer thing, but they are def. not advertising them here in the Kentucky/Indiana area. In fact, at this point I feel like I’ve been punished for choosing a small-town dealership.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/buyers-abandoning-bronco-orders-thousands-piling-up-detroit/
(now I will shout into the wind…)
Dear FORD: PLEASE abandon the regional allocations and dealer stock and BUILD THE RESERVATIONS!!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Chief1301, glamosaurus
Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2022

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

Are these the same broncos that have been sitting there? I am not a fan of motorbiscuit. They like to rehash the same things over and over. I do get your point though. Finish building the orders for the reservations!!
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
rws, the poacher

OBIE

May 31, 2022

It needs to be stated that some of the shipping delays are due to CSX rail. It used to be 2 weeks till shipped, then a month, and now I'm seeing several "released for shipment" Broncos that have been sitting for 2 months.
Darrel, SuperMike

Libations MOD

May 31, 2022

Looks like media outlets are catching on to dirt/ice mountain and the waits. After admitting their mistake and changing how reservations will be built for the Maverick and Lightning, I STILL do not understand why @Ford Motor Company has held onto the allocations formula for the Bronco. My mom recently returned from Florida and said they had ads on TV for them down there… now that might be a local dealer thing, but they are def. not advertising them here in the Kentucky/Indiana area. In fact, at this point I feel like I’ve been punished for choosing a small-town dealership.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/buyers-abandoning-bronco-orders-thousands-piling-up-detroit/
Dear FORD: PLEASE abandon the regional allocations and dealer stock and BUILD THE RESERVATIONS!!
The only Bronco ads I have seen in 2 different markets are for the mini, I haven't seen a Bronco in then at all.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Mal, Darrel

OBIE

May 31, 2022

The only Bronco ads I have seen in 2 different markets are for the mini, I haven't seen a Bronco in then at all.
You won't see ads. And a Sales Brochure was never published...because everything is sold.
the poacher, Darrel

Life is a Highway

May 31, 2022

What a deceptive title to an article. Old news, nothing new. It wasn’t even worth the effort it took me to read it.
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 31, 2022

The whole thing has been a disaster. That so many of us had placed reservations and then converted to MY 2021 and THEN MY2022 orders and STILL don't have our Broncos is terrible customer relations for Ford. Add in that "new" Bronco OWNERS only placed their orders and received theirs within a 6-8mos time frame is insulting. Any goodwill has long been eroded at this point and I'm having a hard time mustering the stamina to stand behind the Ford brand. Build the Broncos in the order they were reserved and ordered. End this moronic allocation process.
Skookum, Hobgoblin

Burrito Connoisseur

May 31, 2022

What a deceptive title to an article. Old news, nothing new. It wasn’t even worth the effort it took me to read it.
Are these the same broncos that have been sitting there? I am not a fan of motorbiscuit. They like to rehash the same things over and over. I do get your point though. Finish building the orders for the reservations!!
Yeah... they tend to just rehash stories that are already out and about. It isn't a direct copy/paste like some news outlets, but Motor Biscuit rarely adds stories of value.

But yes, these are the largely the same Broncos that are have been there for awhile. Every day some get out & sent out for shipment while others get added to the pile waiting for modules. In general the main issue seems to be that reservation holders tend to order fully-loaded upper-trim Broncos... and those are the configurations that are have the most microchips, and therefore are the hardest to build. I know at my dealer the vast majority of orders were for High/Lux package Outer Banks/Wildtraks, but the vast majority of the deliveries they've received are for Std/Mid package Big Bend. I believe they received just shy of 50 Broncos so far, and only one of them was a Wildtrak. So it isn't like there is some top secret method to get a Bronco—order a lower trim vehicle and you're likely to get it sooner rather than later. But obviously people won't want a lower-trim Bronco.

I know people want Ford to build Broncos in timestamp order... but I honestly don't think that'll help matters too much. You can't build vehicles you don't have parts for... so might as well let them build lower-trim Broncos while they wait for parts. Sucky situation all around—but it is what it is.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Mal, Darrel

Rank V

May 31, 2022

I do agree that the article didn’t really share anything that most folks here aren’t already aware of… so apologies if it wasted your time. That said, my point in sharing was not to reveal any new info, but that the “bad press” is building. One outlet picks this up, and another, and another… it builds.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Bronco 202?, Darrel

Rank III

May 31, 2022

Yeah... they tend to just rehash stories that are already out and about. It isn't a direct copy/paste like some news outlets, but Motor Biscuit rarely adds stories of value.

But yes, these are the largely the same Broncos that are have been there for awhile. Every day some get out of sent out for shipment while others get added to the pile waiting for modules. In general the main issue seems to be that reservation holders tend to order fully-loaded upper-trim Broncos... and those are the configurations that are have the most microchips, and therefore are the hardest to build. I know at my dealer the vast majority of orders were for High/Lux package Outer Banks/Wildtraks, but the vast majority of the deliveries they've received are for Std/Mid package Big Bend. I believe they received just shy of 50 Broncos so far, and only one of them was a Wildtrak. So it isn't like there is some top secret method to get a Bronco—order a lower trim vehicle and you're likely to get it sooner rather than later. But obviously people won't want a lower-trim Bronco.

I know people want Ford to build Broncos in timestamp order... but I honestly don't think that'll help matters too much. You can't build vehicles you don't have parts for... so might as well let them build lower-trim Broncos while they wait for parts. Sucky situation all around—but it is what it is.
It'd be great if Ford communicated this, instead of so many us searching through you tube replies, forums, and rumor mills. Ford communication simply sucks.
NurseDan, Bronco 202?

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

I am sure glad I got my Bronco.
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
Darrel

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 31, 2022

The title on that article is really deceiving imo. There may be a lot of people that cancelled their order, but I doubt Ford is just letting them sit in lots. But, good god, there must of been a better way to handle the shortages than the way Ford handled it. Then to add the allocations :poop: to all of the supply chain problems. I do think Ford took a step in the right direction to shut down the order banks for a few months - but may have not done it in time and will the supplies meet the demands when the order banks open back up in August? I'm not defending Ford, nor do I want to brow beat them. If they had better communications, that could be helpful, but I would suspect they wouldn't be fully truthful so that they would keep people interested in their Bronco order. But, I'm really not happy that there are a lot of reservation holders that still do not have their Broncos - and it is getting close to 700 days since they reserved.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
WyoBronc, SuperMike

Trusted and Carefree

May 31, 2022

The title on that article is really deceiving imo. There may be a lot of people that cancelled their order, but I doubt Ford is just letting them sit in lots. But, good god, there must of been a better way to handle the shortages than the way Ford handled it. Then to add the allocations :poop: to all of the supply chain problems. I do think Ford took a step in the right direction to shut down the order banks for a few months - but may have not done it in time and will the supplies meet the demands when the order banks open back up in August? I'm not defending Ford, nor do I want to brow beat them. If they had better communications, that could be helpful, but I would suspect they wouldn't be fully truthful so that they would keep people interested in their Bronco order. But, I'm really not happy that there are a lot of reservation holders that still do not have their Broncos - and it is getting close to 700 days since they reserved.
I agree about shutting the order banks down, and actually think that ford probably could have closed them down a little earlier. They probably genuinely thought they would be able to build their way out of the hole by now. I don't know if I would have made any different decisions than FoMoCo did with the information they had at the time.

The communication could be improved however, though I don't know what they would say. If it was possible to get some kind of forecast of when the truck is expected that would be awesome. I would even take quarters- Like 4th quarter 22 or Second quarter 23 or something- to help me make a better decision about what I'm doing with my current vehicle. Probably just too many variables to make something like that work, and then folks would get all wrapped around the axle about those forecasts not matching reality.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Rhiostatic, SuperMike

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

You guys need to keep in mind that many of the Broncos being sold on the lots were originally special orders that people got tired of waiting on. Furthermore, the microchip shortage is impacting the entire industry. This isn’t isolated to Ford. I see car commercials locally and nationally by all of the car companies. They have advertising budgets they have to spend.
Darrel

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 31, 2022

You guys need to keep in mind that many of the Broncos being sold on the lots were originally special orders that people got tired of waiting on. Furthermore, the microchip shortage is impacting the entire industry. This isn’t isolated to Ford. I see car commercials locally and nationally by all of the car companies. They have advertising budgets they have to spend.
I agree! I think it is Motor Biscuit that doesn't understand that the Broncos sitting at Ford plant are not orders that the orderers backed out of. It would make no sense for Ford to just let them sit when they could be doled out to the dealers for them to sell. The whole title to the article is very misleading. And, yes, the whole industry as well as a whole lot of other industries are impacted by the chip shortages.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Chief1301, WyoBronc

Rank V

May 31, 2022

Furthermore, the microchip shortage is impacting the entire industry. This isn’t isolated to Ford. I see car commercials locally and nationally by all of the car companies. They have advertising budgets they have to spend.

Is it, though? I thought the microchip shortage had more to do with Ford’s ‘Just In Time’ manufacturing model. My local Ford dealer(s) (plural) lots are dang near empty. However, the Toyota and Honda lots are covered up. The Chevy lot is covered up. The VW lot is covered up. Ford dealers seem to be the only ones with bare lots. MEANWHILE, Ford is the only one I’m hearing about who has massive lots of incomplete vehicles. There are several near me (due to proximity to Kentucky Truck Plant) that are covered up with incomplete Ford trucks.
NurseDan, Darrel

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

Is it, though? I thought the microchip shortage had more to do with Ford’s ‘Just In Time’ manufacturing model. My local Ford dealer(s) (plural) lots are dang near empty. However, the Toyota and Honda lots are covered up. The Chevy lot is covered up. The VW lot is covered up. Ford dealers seem to be the only ones with bare lots. MEANWHILE, Ford is the only one I’m hearing about who has massive lots of incomplete vehicles. There are several near me (due to proximity to Kentucky Truck Plant) that are covered up with incomplete Ford trucks.

I guess you’re not aware that the microchip shortage is impacting the entire automobile industry on a global scale. I’m in the Detroit area. None of the new car lots are full. I’m not sure why anyone would believe it’s isolated to Ford.
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-44

Burrito Connoisseur

May 31, 2022

Everyone got impacted... but Chevy, Ford, and Jeep were the vehicles manufacturers that got hit the worst. Toyota probably got through it the best out of all of them, but they got lucky in that most of their vehicles are older and nearing the end of their generation. However, all of Toyota's newer vehicles (Tundra, for example) have had massive shortages, so they definitely didn't avoid it outright.

In my area... the Ford dealer is full, Chevy looks sparse. Jeep dealer looks full, but you can tell they have lots of non-Jeep vehicles on the lot. And the Volkswagen dealer looks like it has gone out of business. I think whether certain dealers are full or not has a MUCH more to do with how good that particular dealer is about wheeling and dealing in the used vehicle market. If you are good about it, you can keep your inventory reasonably high. But if you're are a dealer that relies on primarily new vehicles, you're probably hurting big time.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
SuperMike

Moab or bust!!!

May 31, 2022

Everyone got impacted... but Chevy, Ford, and Jeep were the vehicles manufacturers that got hit the worst. Toyota probably got through it the best out of all of them, but they got lucky in that most of their vehicles are older and nearing the end of their generation. However, all of Toyota's newer vehicles (Tundra, for example) have had massive shortages, so they definitely didn't avoid it outright.

In my area... the Ford dealer is full, Chevy looks sparse. Jeep dealer looks full, but you can tell they have lots of non-Jeep vehicles on the lot. And the Volkswagen dealer looks like it has gone out of business. I think whether certain dealers are full or not has a MUCH more to do with how good that particular dealer is about wheeling and dealing in the used vehicle market. If you are good about it, you can keep your inventory reasonably high. But if you're are a dealer that relies on primarily new vehicles, you're probably hurting big time.
Exactly the same in my area. None of the manufactures have any kind of inventory. Last month our Toyota dealer had 2 new cars on their lot. All the rest were used vehicles.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SuperMike

Rank V

May 31, 2022

It’s honestly strange to me how it can vary from place to place. I was in a town north of Indy where the Ford dealer lot was covered with new inventory. I passed a Jeep dealer that had so many jeeps I almost stopped — many even customized. Locally (just north of Louisville, KY), the Toyota and Honda dealers seem well-stocked with new inventory. The Chevy dealer also seems to be really well stocked. Now, there’s a Toyota and Honda manufacturing within a couple hours either direction, so maybe that helps. But there’s the Kentucky Ford truck plant (Expeditions and F250’s I think) and Louisville Assembly Plant (smaller SUVs) just across the river, and our local Ford dealers are BARE.

So that’s what would lead someone to think other manufacturers might not have the same issues… might be smoke and mirrors. Might just be a strong market for those other brands (though Ford is EVERYWHERE here since a ton of people are employed by them), or maybe that’s why Ford seems to be sold out around here.

And you can’t buy a used car around here, at least, without a serious premium. It’s not worth it. Horrible time to buy a used car, tbh.
Deano Bronc