Modular Bumper - Winch Plates

Which winch plate for modular bumpers would you purchase?

• JCR

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rough Country

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Warn/Ford (winch included)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xpathf1nderX

Rank V

Supporter III

Oct 28, 2021
Broken arrow, ok
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Orcutt
Member #

Looking at the winch plates to adapt to the modular bumper, not a lot of options. So far, I see only 3, and of the 3, the Warn/FordPerformance is winch plate and winch set. The JCR costs $699. The RC costs $210, and the WARN/FORD costs $3500 (does include the warn winch which is $1600 +/-), so in theory, the winch plate is $1900.

JCR: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
Rough Country: https://www.roughcountry.com/high-winch-mount-51066c.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415
and Warn/FORDPERFORMANCE" https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1821-B

If you were going to purchase a winch plate for your modular bumper (not replace bumper), which would you prefer? If there are other manufacturers, please post them here.

I am not replacing the bumper, just adding the winch plate to the modular bumper. Not interested in replacement bumpers.

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
Have a RC sitting in the shop, just haven't had a chance to put it on yet, or put it on when it's not 100+ degrees outside lol.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I would probably go with the RC plate and do the Badlands Apex winch. at least that was plan before I changed to the Everglades.
Or I would build one myself.

RagnarKon

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

Normally I would say the Ford official winch plate since it will allow you to reprogram your vehicle for nice integration with all of Ford’s safety features such the front parking sensors, airbags, Co-Pilot 360, etc. Which effectively makes it the most “factory-like” option. BUT, I noticed you have the Lux package, and that programming doesn’t support the Lux package. So SOL there I guess, and because you aren’t able to program it isn’t worth the cost.

The JCR plate will block adaptive cruise control and the front camera, so you will have to relocate both of them and there is a chance that the calibration won’t be perfect once they are relocated. The RC plate is a lot cheaper and it doesn’t block the adaptive cruise control sensor, but it still blocks the front camera, so you have to relocate that. So… kind of a crapshoot honestly.

I will say that for my personal Bronco, I would go for the JCR bracket because I think it looks the best yet it doesn’t completely break the bank like the official Ford stuff. BUT, I also have the Mid package and don’t have to worry about relocating the front camera, the ACC sensor, front parking sensor, etc. or anything like that because I won’t have it to begin with ;)

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

JCR for me. Install looks easy, accommodates parking sensors, and option for camera relocate as well. I have high package, so don’t care about ACC.

Like the look of their Vanguard bumpers too!

• Love
Reactions: TK1215

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

JCR for me. Install looks easy, accommodates parking sensors, and option for camera relocate as well. I have high package, so don’t care about ACC.

Like the look of their Vanguard bumpers too!
I was just looking through all of their stuff.