Moab Lodging (ouch)

ABQNMBronco
Jan 21, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

I finally selected my date in May 2022 to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab. I was really surprised at the cost of the rooms. Did anyone else feel this way? $757 for two nights, it does include breakfast:rolleyes:. I really was hoping that with the additional business that they are getting from Ford there would be some type of discount but not the case.
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
MrMRPhoto, Crawler Green
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2022

I finally selected my date in May 2022 to attend the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab. I was really surprised at the cost of the rooms. Did anyone else feel this way? $757 for two nights, it does include breakfast:rolleyes:. I really was hoping that with the additional business that they are getting from Ford there would be some type of discount but not the case.

Moab is crazy expensive in the spring. I live in Utah. Try Air BNB or there are tons of nice campgrounds
Crawler Green, MrBud

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 21, 2022

I found out the same things when I reserved some rooms for September of this year.. Any decent hotel is crazy expensive or at least what I deem expensive.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
ABQNMBronco

Rank I

Jan 21, 2022

Going in May myself, haven't even started to look at accommodations yet, guess i need to start looking
the poacher, JoergH

Rank III

Jan 21, 2022

Moab is the hot place to be. Everyone is going there so the prices have gotten ridiculous in the past couple years.
If you want cheap, check out the KOA right outside of town. They have cabins to rent that are way cheaper but there also no where near as nice.
Jakob1972

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 22, 2022

I'm spending over $1K for three nights, but it's worth it to me. Of course, I'm splitting the cost with a friend, so it's easier to bear. Still, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience and thanks to COVID-19, I haven't taken a vacation in years! I'm ready for a little R&R.

I also like the idea that I am staying close (walking distance) to the venue, so it's pretty convenient. Apart from the OR, I'm going to be exploring a few nearby attractions, so I'm confident it will be a nice getaway.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
LilMike73, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

As someone else said, air BNB or VRBO is what I did when I went October. Saved me tons of money on the room vs hotel prices.
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2022

It isn’t cheap but you will enjoy it. The facility is absolutely wonderful right down to the movie museum. I swear 1/2 of all films were filmed at this place. Enjoy.
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
FitKat, the poacher

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

I'm spending over $1K for three nights, but it's worth it to me. Of course, I'm splitting the cost with a friend, so it's easier to bear. Still, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience and thanks to COVID-19, I haven't taken a vacation in years! I'm ready for a little R&R.

I also like the idea that I am staying close (walking distance) to the venue, so it's pretty convenient. Apart from the OR, I'm going to be exploring a few nearby attractions, so I'm confident it will be a nice getaway.
Yes, the venue being right there is the plus. Moab is a great place my family use to spend a lot of time there when I was a kid, I love the Southwest.
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
BuckYeah

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 22, 2022

That’s odd when I went last Oct. Red Cliffs had a discounted rate for Off-Rodeo, and they provided coupons for breakfast. I would call the Off-Rodeo folks and ask them about it.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
the poacher

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2022

That’s odd when I went last Oct. Red Cliffs had a discounted rate for Off-Rodeo, and they provided coupons for breakfast. I would call the Off-Rodeo folks and ask them about it.
I’d CALL them and tell them you are with the Off-Roadeo. Booking online would have cost me quite a bit more. Also, when I was booking online it showed no availability. When I called… boom… magically room was available. Probably hold back rooms specifically for Off-Roadeo attendees.
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
Bronco 202?, BuckYeah

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 22, 2022

Yeah, when I spoke with the wonderful people at Off-Roadeo, they told me to mention that I was going to attend the event so I would qualify for the guest discount. I’m staying for a few days. I don’t know the area too well, but I figured it would make a cool base camp.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
CaliKAP

Rank V

Jan 22, 2022

We stayed at the Red Cliff's Lodge for the convenience factor of it...and while the group rate offered was appreciated, it was still the best option when we looked at other places in Moab or even close to the Off-Rodeo. We really enjoyed staying there, stayed three nights. We went in the Fall..May might be nice for camping. There are lots of camping options if that's of any interest...
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
BuckYeah

Rank V

Jan 23, 2022

Try the LaQuinta in Moab. They were not that bad.
ABQNMBronco

Rank V

Jan 23, 2022

Yeah, when I spoke with the wonderful people at Off-Roadeo, they told me to mention that I was going to attend the event so I would qualify for the guest discount. I’m staying for a few days. I don’t know the area too well, but I figured it would make a cool base camp.

You won't regret it..the complimentary breakfast is super convenient, lots of options..the restaurant gets busy in the evening so it doesn't hurt to make a reservation if you don't feel like heading into town. They also have laundry facilities which was great for us because we added on a stop to Sedona on the way home and we hate over packing. Our room faced the horse paddock and it the place had a cool, ranch vibe. Enjoy!!
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
LR48, Deano Bronc

🐎Moab bound🐎

Jan 23, 2022

I was pricing cabins for Memorial Weekend, in-law is getting married. $98 was the cheapest at Archview. Rooms always real expensive. We've always camped.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
ABQNMBronco

Rank I

Jan 23, 2022

I feel you, i was planning a summer trip in the area but i am reconsidering, room prices are insane :(
ABQNMBronco

Rank VI

Jan 26, 2022

Expensive, but the best hotels are. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event for me (drive from Florida to Utah and back). I'm treating this as a vacation for 2022.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 28, 2022

I am going to Moab in May as well. I was able to find a room in town for about $130/night. Only a 24 minute drive to Red Cliffs, so that works for us. We'll spend just as much as a higher hotel, but just in different places - souvenir, dinners out, sight seeing excursions! Really looking forward to this event in May!
--Rob
2024 2-Door Big Bend | 2.7 | Hard Top | Sas | Velocity Blue
TorgSurv, TK1215

Rank V

Jan 29, 2022

I'm trying to go on 02/25. I hope it works out. Not going to stay at Red Cliffs. It is nice, but a bit high. Same as rskiba...will spread the money around. Plus we have a Golden that travels with us so my wife has been kind enough to watch her if I get to go. That's her picture when she was 12 weeks.
TorgSurv