730 Days and Counting - No Scheduling. Getting pushed to 2023.

RoadHaus21
Aug 24, 2022

Rank III

Aug 24, 2022

The last two weeks have been miserable - wearing out the backdoor site and hoping every day that I would be included in one of the final scheduling runs for MY 2022. Seeing others (congrats regardless!) with no reservations and walk in orders late 2021 be pulled for production, seeing folks with walk in orders during Q1 2022 already in their new vehicles, and worst of all seeing my dealer with 6+ on the lot right now for $25k+ over sticker. Since I've been increasingly aware and frustrated with the situation (the last 4 months as I was planning a road trip through the national parks this fall - obviously not happening now) my dealer has moved 50+ Bronco's off the lot in egregious excess of MSRP. Reality has set in that I'm getting pushed to a '23 and I simply cannot understand why. My build has absolutely nothing unique about it (see signature). I've pulled everything but a hard top.

My question is does anyone know the extent or have a guess of how many 2020 reservation holders remain in this situation? It has to be dealer specific. There is no other explanation except I got stuck with a mega volume dealer who is prioritizing their P&L before fulfilling customer orders. Wouldn't be surprised if my order has been marked P99 after how many times I've inquired and ranted publicly about the situation. I've never even gotten the "build - clean" status or whatever from Ford chat after 10+ reach out attempts. I've called the Bronco support line and gotten the same response week after week, and my dealer continues to tell me they know absolutely nothing and are at the will of Ford. I am stunned as to how this entire situation has played out.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
8/20 Reservation - 1/21 Order - MY22 Push 10/21 - MY23 Push 9/22. Unscheduled.
ZWSMITH, Mal
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2022

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 24, 2022

Welcome to the club man

Rank III

Aug 24, 2022

Welcome to the club man
Glad someone is in here with me - wish we could get some free drinks at least
AHickman, bronco11

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 24, 2022

Glad someone is in here with me - wish we could get some free drinks at least
Yeah or a real eta at least lol.
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Aug 24, 2022

I am at 755 days and as someone that has recently received news my build was picked to go into production ,in fact next week, this part might be the hardest. When I checked the back door and saw I was picked up I cannot tell you how happy and relieved I was. My brothers was build the week after the MAP shutdown and he is driving his. Now hearing the stories of folks getting bumped and not having a window sticker less than a week out, my anxiety is getting pretty bad. I just hope there are no more delays for everyone’s sake and we all get our Broncos soon. Silver lining for you is you might be in a prime position to get you one of the 1,966 Heritage Limited .
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
ChickasawNDN, Mal

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2022

The last two weeks have been miserable - wearing out the backdoor site and hoping every day that I would be included in one of the final scheduling runs for MY 2022. Seeing others (congrats regardless!) with no reservations and walk in orders late 2021 be pulled for production, seeing folks with walk in orders during Q1 2022 already in their new vehicles, and worst of all seeing my dealer with 6+ on the lot right now for $25k+ over sticker. Since I've been increasingly aware and frustrated with the situation (the last 4 months as I was planning a road trip through the national parks this fall - obviously not happening now) my dealer has moved 50+ Bronco's off the lot in egregious excess of MSRP. Reality has set in that I'm getting pushed to a '23 and I simply cannot understand why. My build has absolutely nothing unique about it (see signature). I've pulled everything but a hard top.

My question is does anyone know the extent or have a guess of how many 2020 reservation holders remain in this situation? It has to be dealer specific. There is no other explanation except I got stuck with a mega volume dealer who is prioritizing their P&L before fulfilling customer orders. Wouldn't be surprised if my order has been marked P99 after how many times I've inquired and ranted publicly about the situation. I've never even gotten the "build - clean" status or whatever from Ford chat after 10+ reach out attempts. I've called the Bronco support line and gotten the same response week after week, and my dealer continues to tell me they know absolutely nothing and are at the will of Ford. I am stunned as to how this entire situation has played out.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

I will keep saying it until I'm blue in the face... MIC hard top is probably the biggest constraint. And maybe LUX after that. I haven't seen a ton of Broncos out my way, but most are soft tops, I think I've seen 2 hard tops. Out of curiosity, of all those you've seen your dealer sell, how many were hard tops? Because it sounds like your dealer is getting allocations. And lastly, 730 days ago, August 24th you made your reservation? Have to remember, the first 2 days (7/13-7/15) they had well over 100k reservations (if I remember correctly). So take the fact that you were in essence late to the game, and not getting a Base or Big Bend. Have to ask one final question... mega dealer... or mega orders as in Granger? Unfortunately there's just too many factors that go into this. My wait was about 16 months. And like you said, my step kid, ordered in January 2022, had his by May 2022. Albeit and Base model, only add were the aux switches.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
bronco11

Rank III

Aug 24, 2022

I will keep saying it until I'm blue in the face... MIC hard top is probably the biggest constraint. And maybe LUX after that. I haven't seen a ton of Broncos out my way, but most are soft tops, I think I've seen 2 hard tops. Out of curiosity, of all those you've seen your dealer sell, how many were hard tops? Because it sounds like your dealer is getting allocations. And lastly, 730 days ago, August 24th you made your reservation? Have to remember, the first 2 days (7/13-7/15) they had well over 100k reservations (if I remember correctly). So take the fact that you were in essence late to the game, and not getting a Base or Big Bend. Have to ask one final question... mega dealer... or mega orders as in Granger? Unfortunately there's just too many factors that go into this. My wait was about 16 months. And like you said, my step kid, ordered in January 2022, had his by May 2022. Albeit and Base model, only add were the aux switches.
Of the 6 on the lot right now all are hard top - seeing tons of hard tops around town here daily
EvlNvrDys, Jakob1972

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 24, 2022

Of the 6 on the lot right now all are hard top - seeing tons of hard tops around town here daily
In lil ole OKC/Edmond Oklahoma I’m seeing at least 5 broncos per day. Hard and soft tops…… none of them mine :(
ChickasawNDN, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Aug 24, 2022

Here in the SATX area I see lots of Broncos I’d say it 60/40 hardtops at this point. About 6 months ago it was 80/20 soft tops. I have even seen a hardtop with the slide out tailgate.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 24, 2022

RoadHaus- I am also a 2020 guy and have been waiting a long while. The fact is there is no real rhyme or reason to how the orders get pulled. The allocation plays a huge part, the timing with parts, all that and its just not predictable. Nothing in your order is a show stopper, but that is true of mine too. Its just bad luck. Sorry we are in this boat, but we are where we are. Orders are moving and some (though not all) of our long-haulers are starting to get their trucks. I know thats cold comfort, but I can assure you Ford and your dealer want to sell you the truck as much as you want to buy it.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank II

Aug 24, 2022

I wish I held my reservation, but when I found out no sasquatch with manual I figured I'd wait. If I knew it would still be 2 years if I were to order now, wish I kept my res. Especially now knowing that could have lead to a "Golden Ticket" for a BRaptor.

Hang in there. You are almost there.
ZWSMITH