MIC replacements

J.bell
Nov 15, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 15, 2021

I was just thinking . What are dealers doing with the MICs they’re replacing. Can they be given to the orders that changed to soft tops?
Can I have one?
DougS, ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2021

Fashionably late to the PARTY

Nov 15, 2021

I was just thinking . What are dealers doing with the MICs they’re replacing. Can they be given to the orders that changed to soft tops?
Can I have one?
The dealerships are required to cut them up in such a way as to make them useless.
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22

Rank VI

Nov 15, 2021

The dealerships are required to cut them up in such a way as to make them useless.
Hmmmm I would love to cut one up.
TigerRN, Sven

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 15, 2021

@Sven is correct... dealers were instructed to destroy them.

My dealer said he was going to ask his Ford dealer rep if they could keep a set or two as spares around the dealership. For example... if any of their customers had a faulty roof, they could temporarily put on one of the old MIC 1.0 hard tops to protect it in the yard while it waited for a replacement from Ford.

I asked if I could buy an old set from him and the answer was an instant "No". But, I tried.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Nov 15, 2021

that depends on how good of friends you are with the service department I've got my fingers crossed on getting my hands on one
Bschurr

Rank VI

Nov 15, 2021

Since when do dealers do what Ford says?
vickismith1023

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 15, 2021

Here's a few pictures of the inside of a MIC top that was cut up by a dealer.
MIC 1 inside 1.jpegMIC 1 inside 2.jpeg
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Nov 15, 2021

Here's a few pictures of the inside of a MIC top that was cut up by a dealer.
View attachment 21976View attachment 21977
One would think the top would be a lot stronger if they didn't fill the inside with cheese wiz.
Reminds me of the old days when you got your car upholstered in Mexico for cheap and find out they stuffed the seats with horse poop.
Stronger= heavier

It’s not being cheap, it’s a design decision to make it easier to remove

Rank V

Nov 15, 2021

Good to know the roofs on our $50,000+ vehicles are made of....cardboard.
SuperMike, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Nov 16, 2021

Was thinking about the hardtop. I bought a Bronco that someone did not claim and of course it has a soft top. If by chance (and I know it is a big chance) a hardtop came in that someone did not claim could you essentially "trade" your soft top for their hard top? Maybe throw a little money along with the trade. I understand this is just in theory, but was curious.

Libations MOD

Nov 16, 2021

Was thinking about the hardtop. I bought a Bronco that someone did not claim and of course it has a soft top. If by chance (and I know it is a big chance) a hardtop came in that someone did not claim could you essentially "trade" your soft top for their hard top? Maybe throw a little money along with the trade. I understand this is just in theory, but was curious.
They aren't shipping out any hardtops (outside recall) so hard-pressed to see one come in that's not claimed.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank V

Nov 16, 2021

If Ford would have made available the soft top option for 2 doors, I (and I'm sure many others) would have selected that and possibly have our vehicles by now. Hell, if I could have selected NO top, I would have done that, and bought a soft top from Bestop on my own.

But, NO, Ford keeps trying to "fix" the cardboard hard tops and pisses more people off every day.

I could see a situation in the (far) future where 2 door Broncos are finally being delivered with the MIC tops...and owners immediately start seeing "unacceptable cosmetic and functional damage" on them, and force Ford to reimburse them for an aftermarket top. And installation.

MIC = Mostly, It’s Cardboard.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Nov 17, 2021

Good to know the roofs on our $50,000+ vehicles are made of....cardboard.
People obviously do not have a clue as to what many tops are made of or they just want to bitch for the sake of complaining. I happen to cut up my circa 1990 snugtop the other day that held up for many years with a USAC competition sound system then sat on the ground for 20 years being hammered by the elements. I just needed to get it out of the way as it has recently developed cracks from sitting things on top of it. Here's a pic I snapped ,lol. 20211106_112641.jpgside new ranger.jpg
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, ResidualGenius

Life is a Highway

Nov 17, 2021

Yup, nothing new under the sun!

Rank V

Nov 18, 2021

Honestly, if Ford hadn't FUCKED UP the entire Bronco rollout, we'd be getting our Broncos and enjoying them. Instead, we're waiting on reservations we made in good faith over a YEAR ago, orders we placed almost a year ago, and haven't received anything from Ford but some trinkets meant to placate us, while dealers are getting Broncos to mark up to the moon. We wouldn't know, or care, what the hell the tops are constructed out of, as long as they keep the rain out and don't fly off or start to decompose from a little humidity (cardboard will do that). But, since they DO, and we've seen them cut apart, hell yeah, we're going to bitch and complain. What's wrong with just making them out of fiberglass and insulating them with foam? Or FRP? Or SMC? Or hell, maybe......steel? I seem to remember some Broncos with steel hardtops....

Want us to stop bitching? GIVE US OUR DAMN BRONCOS.
ResidualGenius, 2 Door Jim

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Nov 18, 2021

Honestly, if Ford hadn't FUCKED UP the entire Bronco rollout, we'd be getting our Broncos and enjoying them. Instead, we're waiting on reservations we made in good faith over a YEAR ago, orders we placed almost a year ago, and haven't received anything from Ford but some trinkets meant to placate us, while dealers are getting Broncos to mark up to the moon. We wouldn't know, or care, what the hell the tops are constructed out of, as long as they keep the rain out and don't fly off or start to decompose from a little humidity (cardboard will do that). But, since they DO, and we've seen them cut apart, hell yeah, we're going to bitch and complain. What's wrong with just making them out of fiberglass and insulating them with foam? Or FRP? Or SMC? Or hell, maybe......steel? I seem to remember some Broncos with steel hardtops....

Want us to stop bitching? GIVE US OUR DAMN BRONCOS.

Language !

I suppose you would still want your roof rack with that steel roof though ,lol .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."