Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I don’t see an issue with the soft tops. Having seen 2 in person, they felt good and heavy cloth. They are more versatile than the hard top. As far as the connections, when was the last time you used a rear wiper? My Mazda CX-5 doesn’t even have wiper fluid for the back window. It would be nice if it was there but honestly it’s not a big deal.
I use it all the time in CO/NE winters and dirt roads. Plus soft tops dont do well in hail storms either, so that takes away my storm chasing

Last edited:
Reactions: TK1215

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

I use it all the time in CO/NE winters and dirt roads. Plus soft tops dont do well in hail areas either
I had all my softtop windows taken out by a hail storm. Couldn't buy replacement windows and no one here locally would sew in new vinyl ones. Had to replace the entire top.

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
I don’t see an issue with the soft tops. Having seen 2 in person, they felt good and heavy cloth. They are more versatile than the hard top. As far as the connections, when was the last time you used a rear wiper? My Mazda CX-5 doesn’t even have wiper fluid for the back window. It would be nice if it was there but honestly it’s not a big deal.

My recommendation is to make the decision not based on some silly connection in the back but based on what you like to have and where you live. Winter months are coming and a soft top may be a no go in northern states. Here in CA I can go topless all year long.
I'm not sure where you live but in snow country the defrost and wiper fluid is a must. I'm talking up north or the mountains. You might be right for where you live or in areas where there might be a occasional light snow or frost. Here, even on non-snow days the road salt and sand coat the windows both front and rear. Not really safe and the backup camera gets coated as well. It is a huge deal to alot of buyers.

Petesbrobob

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 22, 2020
26 Vasto Street, Ladera Ranch, CA, USA
First Name
Dimitar
Last Name
Zlatkov
I'm not sure where you live but in snow country the defrost and wiper fluid is a must. I'm talking up north or the mountains. You might be right for where you live or in areas where there might be a occasional light snow or frost. Here, even on non-snow days the road salt and sand coat the windows both front and rear. Not really safe and the backup camera gets coated as well. It is a huge deal to alot of buyers.
yeah totally, and that’s what I’m saying, if your environment requires it then it makes total sense. I live in SoCal, if it rains once a year we praise the gods

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Nail it there!! Most that shoot it down have never needed it and say it's no big deal. I wouldn't go with out it

Cliffhanger

Rank II

Advocate III

May 25, 2021
Florida
First Name
christine
Last Name
Fennelle
Defender rocks but waaaay too much money for something the Bronco can do every day of the week. Have had several Rovers and dependability was not part of their design specs
I love that defender. It’s bad ass. Way too much money tho for something with the horrible reliability issues they have! Otherwise I would probably consider one.. if they were about 40k cheaper!

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Just like everyone else, I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but I think there is risk that changing your order to accelerate your build is just a fool's errand. Right now the primary constraint is MIC tops and Ford has told us so. What happens if you and a sufficiently high number of other people switch your order to a soft top so that tops are no longer the bottleneck and some other feature in your build becomes the primary bottleneck? Then you've changed your order away from what you REALLY want to get it sooner, but you won't actually get it sooner.

My build is set exactly how I want it, and I'll wait to get it. Summer is here in Arizona. We won't be in topless season until late September or early October, so I don't feel like I'm missing out until then.
Gonna be hot next week!

BLiSSSFFULLL

Rank III

Champion III

Apr 30, 2021
Flemington, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Krista
Last Name
Scavron
Member #

BLiSSSFFULLL

Rank III

Champion III

Apr 30, 2021
Flemington, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Krista
Last Name
Scavron
Member #

• Wow
Reactions: LR48 and TK1215

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

It's been hot here...... ok well hot for us with temps in the high 90's. We've hit 100 in places which doesn’t happen often. It's been dry too. Really dry and no rain in sight. We usually don't get weather like this until July.