Rank II

Advocate III

Mar 27, 2021
Travelers Rest, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Smith
Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hard top can be bought as an accessory?

Reactions: TK1215 and Bucktown

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hardtop can be bought as an accessory?
My guess at some point they could be but probably won't be till late 2022 or whenever the shortage gets better. Other part is then you need all the electrical and plumbing for the rear window added too

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
I contemplated doing the same but decided against it. First, just my opinion but that soft top is so damn ugly. Second, it will be years, literally to get a factory hardtop at least. My coworker ordered a hardtop for his jeep a year before the pandemic. Under ideal conditions, with a model that had been in production for years, it still took him almost 6 months to get one. It could take a very long time unless there is an aftermarket version.

That being said, if Ford offered the fastback version I'd do it. Just no way with the fugly standard version.

Cliffhanger

Rank II

Supporter I

May 25, 2021
Florida
First Name
christine
Last Name
Fennelle
Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hard top can be bought as an accessory?
I’m going to my dealership this afternoon to convert my reservation to an order. I had to cancel my first one bc of dealer issues. The sales manager told me when I come in there are lists and lists of additional options to add.. I will be checking on hard tops and step rails for sure bc I am ordering a BD and want some sort of rocker bar/step combo. I plan on putting 33” tires on it if it’s not high enough for me to love lol
I’m going to try to get a copy of their list of add ons. She said they’re not even on Ford’s website so we will see!

Reactions: Bone Saw and TK1215

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
So they can't build anything unless it's a soft top. If everyone keeps their hard top orders, Ford won't be able to build anything. We should all keep hard tops and force their hand, see what they can make happen when it's no top or no Bronco!!

GrayGhostDog

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 19, 2020
New York
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Turner
Yeah, I'm not worried about the rear wiper. Probably will have to look after market.
The wiring/plumbing connection is not just for the rear wiper... bottom line, I'm not making changes or removing options for the sake of getting a Bronco faster. I want the MIC... utilize Bestop Sunrider during warmer months... Bestop Mesh Bimini when I want to go fully topless.

Just my humble opinion, but I do not understand why the requisite electrical/plumbing connections is dependent upon your top choice... it should be there regardless.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

So they can't build anything unless it's a soft top. If everyone keeps their hard top orders, Ford won't be able to build anything. We should all keep hard tops and force their hand, see what they can make happen when it's no top or no Bronco!!
To many people are willing to compromise their build for a soft top just so they can have their bronco sooner. These will be the broncos that will be on the used car lots in a year or two.

Ford will build 60,000 broncos this year like they said they would. Ford has stock holders they have to keep happy. Every week they will look to see what parts they have available and figure out what they can schedule to be built. If they don't have hard tops, they will build soft tops. It doesn't matter to Ford if they are building hard tops or soft tops. We may see broncos built that are reserved 6 months after the early reservation holders because they are buildable.

1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Apr 26, 2021
port saint lucie
First Name
SHAWN
Last Name
PATTEN
you will mot likely buy it from the pats department. but will be on back order for a while. Jill has vehicles in her Ford body shop waiting for parts from ford for almost 6 months due to shortages. plus you will have to figure out the hookups.

side note is that the short top interior panels may not have the locations for the plugs to be stored like for the hard top.

TitsLaRue

Rank III

Promoter III

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
I contemplated doing the same but decided against it. First, just my opinion but that soft top is so damn ugly. Second, it will be years, literally to get a factory hardtop at least. My coworker ordered a hardtop for his jeep a year before the pandemic. Under ideal conditions, with a model that had been in production for years, it still took him almost 6 months to get one. It could take a very long time unless there is an aftermarket version.

That being said, if Ford offered the fastback version I'd do it. Just no way with the fugly standard version.
To each his own. That's what makes it great, there is something for everybody. I actually like the look of the soft top. Reminds me a bit of a Defender 110, but nothing like a Jeep which is awesome.
bronco-soft-top.jpg

russet-brown-soft-top-land-rover-defender-www.oliversclassics.com_-612x612.jpg

All good, Tits

mjtermini

Rank IV

Advocate III

Apr 27, 2021
8848 First Tee Road, Port Saint Lucie, Florida
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Termini
Member #

To each his own. That's what makes it great, there is something for everybody. I actually like the look of the soft top. Reminds me a bit of a Defender 110, but nothing like a Jeep which is awesome.View attachment 14127
View attachment 14128
All good, Tits
Defender rocks but waaaay too much money for something the Bronco can do every day of the week. Have had several Rovers and dependability was not part of their design specs

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

Just like everyone else, I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but I think there is risk that changing your order to accelerate your build is just a fool's errand. Right now the primary constraint is MIC tops and Ford has told us so. What happens if you and a sufficiently high number of other people switch your order to a soft top so that tops are no longer the bottleneck and some other feature in your build becomes the primary bottleneck? Then you've changed your order away from what you REALLY want to get it sooner, but you won't actually get it sooner.

My build is set exactly how I want it, and I'll wait to get it. Summer is here in Arizona. We won't be in topless season until late September or early October, so I don't feel like I'm missing out until then.

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

My build is set exactly how I want it, and I'll wait to get it. Summer is here in Arizona. We won't be in topless season until late September or early October, so I don't feel like I'm missing out until then.
By the time these come out AZ will have beautiful weather and I'll be stuck in the freezer called the Upper mid-West! Hardtop then will be a necessity. So agree 100% keep it like I built it.

Bucktown

Rank V

Promoter III

Jan 3, 2021
Martinsville, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Zike
Member #

I went yesterday and changed My MIC top to a soft top, because I keep hearing that you will get it sooner and I removed it and the modular bumper because that will probably be next so now I have a standard outerbanks with nothing, if I dont see a VIN and build date within the next couple of months, I am loading it back up with err v err everything, I as already feel like a sale out to myself , but like I said before my wife wants to make sure I get it before anything happens to her because she has had 3 operations waiting on this bronco and to see people actually getting one, ssd he wanted me to get a jeep but I said let me give this a chance and we will see how honest ford is by saying you have a better chance of getting this by deleting all your stuff up. Just hope the aftermarket is good to us and dont price gouge.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Just like everyone else, I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but I think there is risk that changing your order to accelerate your build is just a fool's errand. Right now the primary constraint is MIC tops and Ford has told us so. What happens if you and a sufficiently high number of other people switch your order to a soft top so that tops are no longer the bottleneck and some other feature in your build becomes the primary bottleneck? Then you've changed your order away from what you REALLY want to get it sooner, but you won't actually get it sooner.

Shhhhhh. Here I was keeping all quite and letting people change their order to soft tops so more MIC would become available and there you go blabbing your thoughts out loud to the internet !
:)

Petesbrobob

Rank III

Champion III

Dec 22, 2020
26 Vasto Street, Ladera Ranch, CA, USA
First Name
Dimitar
Last Name
Zlatkov
Member #

I don’t see an issue with the soft tops. Having seen 2 in person, they felt good and heavy cloth. They are more versatile than the hard top. As far as the connections, when was the last time you used a rear wiper? My Mazda CX-5 doesn’t even have wiper fluid for the back window. It would be nice if it was there but honestly it’s not a big deal.

My recommendation is to make the decision not based on some silly connection in the back but based on what you like to have and where you live. Winter months are coming and a soft top may be a no go in northern states. Here in CA I can go topless all year long.

Reactions: BDDavidn and TK1215