Mic Hard Top

BDDavidn
Jun 01, 2021

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hard top can be bought as an accessory?
2021(?) Black Diamond 2.3L, 7 speed
3/19/2021 Order
TK1215, Bucktown
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 01, 2021

Libations MOD

Jun 01, 2021

Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hardtop can be bought as an accessory?
My guess at some point they could be but probably won't be till late 2022 or whenever the shortage gets better. Other part is then you need all the electrical and plumbing for the rear window added too
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rgwinn, TK1215

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

My guess at some point they could be but probably won't be till late 2022 or whenever the shortage gets better. Other part is then you need all the electrical and plumbing for the rear window added too
Yeah, I'm not worried about the rear wiper. Probably will have to look after market.
2021(?) Black Diamond 2.3L, 7 speed
3/19/2021 Order
TK1215, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

I contemplated doing the same but decided against it. First, just my opinion but that soft top is so damn ugly. Second, it will be years, literally to get a factory hardtop at least. My coworker ordered a hardtop for his jeep a year before the pandemic. Under ideal conditions, with a model that had been in production for years, it still took him almost 6 months to get one. It could take a very long time unless there is an aftermarket version.

That being said, if Ford offered the fastback version I'd do it. Just no way with the fugly standard version.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Crysled84, Rgwinn

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

Well, I changed my order to a soft top so that I could hopefully get moved up the line for production. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the hard top can be bought as an accessory?
I’m going to my dealership this afternoon to convert my reservation to an order. I had to cancel my first one bc of dealer issues. The sales manager told me when I come in there are lists and lists of additional options to add.. I will be checking on hard tops and step rails for sure bc I am ordering a BD and want some sort of rocker bar/step combo. I plan on putting 33” tires on it if it’s not high enough for me to love lol
I’m going to try to get a copy of their list of add ons. She said they’re not even on Ford’s website so we will see!
Bone Saw, TK1215

Rank 0

Jun 01, 2021

Hey Cliffhanger. The badlands already comes with 33” tires. Sasquatch package includes 35” tires
BLiSSSFFULLL, TK1215

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

Hey Cliffhanger. The badlands already comes with 33” tires. Sasquatch package includes 35” tires
Yes I know but I’m ordering the BD which are 22”
Rgwinn, TK1215

Rank 0

Jun 02, 2021

Sorry cliffhanger. I misread BD to be badlands not black diamond.
TK1215, Cliffhanger

Rank V

Jun 03, 2021

So they can't build anything unless it's a soft top. If everyone keeps their hard top orders, Ford won't be able to build anything. We should all keep hard tops and force their hand, see what they can make happen when it's no top or no Bronco!!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
richtor, Crysled84

Rank I

Jun 04, 2021

Yeah, I'm not worried about the rear wiper. Probably will have to look after market.

The wiring/plumbing connection is not just for the rear wiper... bottom line, I'm not making changes or removing options for the sake of getting a Bronco faster. I want the MIC... utilize Bestop Sunrider during warmer months... Bestop Mesh Bimini when I want to go fully topless.

Just my humble opinion, but I do not understand why the requisite electrical/plumbing connections is dependent upon your top choice... it should be there regardless.
Final Order:: Badlands | Cactus Gray | 4 Door | 2.7 | Sasquatch | Lux | Leather | MIC | Tow | Keyless Pad | Block Heater
richtor, Crysled84

Road trip!!!

Jun 06, 2021

So they can't build anything unless it's a soft top. If everyone keeps their hard top orders, Ford won't be able to build anything. We should all keep hard tops and force their hand, see what they can make happen when it's no top or no Bronco!!

To many people are willing to compromise their build for a soft top just so they can have their bronco sooner. These will be the broncos that will be on the used car lots in a year or two.

Ford will build 60,000 broncos this year like they said they would. Ford has stock holders they have to keep happy. Every week they will look to see what parts they have available and figure out what they can schedule to be built. If they don't have hard tops, they will build soft tops. It doesn't matter to Ford if they are building hard tops or soft tops. We may see broncos built that are reserved 6 months after the early reservation holders because they are buildable.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Crysled84, Gunninja1

Rank V

Jun 06, 2021

you will mot likely buy it from the pats department. but will be on back order for a while. Jill has vehicles in her Ford body shop waiting for parts from ford for almost 6 months due to shortages. plus you will have to figure out the hookups.

side note is that the short top interior panels may not have the locations for the plugs to be stored like for the hard top.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
GrayGhostDog, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 06, 2021

I contemplated doing the same but decided against it. First, just my opinion but that soft top is so damn ugly. Second, it will be years, literally to get a factory hardtop at least. My coworker ordered a hardtop for his jeep a year before the pandemic. Under ideal conditions, with a model that had been in production for years, it still took him almost 6 months to get one. It could take a very long time unless there is an aftermarket version.

That being said, if Ford offered the fastback version I'd do it. Just no way with the fugly standard version.
To each his own. That's what makes it great, there is something for everybody. I actually like the look of the soft top. Reminds me a bit of a Defender 110, but nothing like a Jeep which is awesome.bronco-soft-top.jpg
russet-brown-soft-top-land-rover-defender-www.oliversclassics.com_-612x612.jpg
All good, Tits
BC33, SirRomey

Rank II

Jun 08, 2021

I will not change my MIC-Mind. I will not sacrifice of what I prefer, for a "quicker" delivery date. Then find myself all butt-hurt that I didn't have the will power to wait. Im staying on this high speed train with no brakes, no helmet. #FullSend
‘21 Carbonized Gray
Base, 2.3L, MIC top 2.0
Crysled84, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Jun 08, 2021

To each his own. That's what makes it great, there is something for everybody. I actually like the look of the soft top. Reminds me a bit of a Defender 110, but nothing like a Jeep which is awesome.View attachment 14127
View attachment 14128
All good, Tits
Defender rocks but waaaay too much money for something the Bronco can do every day of the week. Have had several Rovers and dependability was not part of their design specs
TK1215, Cliffhanger

Rank VI

Jun 08, 2021

Just like everyone else, I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but I think there is risk that changing your order to accelerate your build is just a fool's errand. Right now the primary constraint is MIC tops and Ford has told us so. What happens if you and a sufficiently high number of other people switch your order to a soft top so that tops are no longer the bottleneck and some other feature in your build becomes the primary bottleneck? Then you've changed your order away from what you REALLY want to get it sooner, but you won't actually get it sooner.

My build is set exactly how I want it, and I'll wait to get it. Summer is here in Arizona. We won't be in topless season until late September or early October, so I don't feel like I'm missing out until then.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
14U, Deano Bronc

Home, home on the range

Jun 08, 2021

My build is set exactly how I want it, and I'll wait to get it. Summer is here in Arizona. We won't be in topless season until late September or early October, so I don't feel like I'm missing out until then.
By the time these come out AZ will have beautiful weather and I'll be stuck in the freezer called the Upper mid-West! Hardtop then will be a necessity. So agree 100% keep it like I built it.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Crysled84, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 08, 2021

I went yesterday and changed My MIC top to a soft top, because I keep hearing that you will get it sooner and I removed it and the modular bumper because that will probably be next so now I have a standard outerbanks with nothing, if I dont see a VIN and build date within the next couple of months, I am loading it back up with err v err everything, I as already feel like a sale out to myself , but like I said before my wife wants to make sure I get it before anything happens to her because she has had 3 operations waiting on this bronco and to see people actually getting one, ssd he wanted me to get a jeep but I said let me give this a chance and we will see how honest ford is by saying you have a better chance of getting this by deleting all your stuff up. Just hope the aftermarket is good to us and dont price gouge.
TK1215, ResidualGenius

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jun 08, 2021

Just like everyone else, I want my Bronco as soon as possible, but I think there is risk that changing your order to accelerate your build is just a fool's errand. Right now the primary constraint is MIC tops and Ford has told us so. What happens if you and a sufficiently high number of other people switch your order to a soft top so that tops are no longer the bottleneck and some other feature in your build becomes the primary bottleneck? Then you've changed your order away from what you REALLY want to get it sooner, but you won't actually get it sooner.

Shhhhhh. Here I was keeping all quite and letting people change their order to soft tops so more MIC would become available and there you go blabbing your thoughts out loud to the internet !
:)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Crysled84, TK1215

Rank IV

Jun 08, 2021

I don’t see an issue with the soft tops. Having seen 2 in person, they felt good and heavy cloth. They are more versatile than the hard top. As far as the connections, when was the last time you used a rear wiper? My Mazda CX-5 doesn’t even have wiper fluid for the back window. It would be nice if it was there but honestly it’s not a big deal.

My recommendation is to make the decision not based on some silly connection in the back but based on what you like to have and where you live. Winter months are coming and a soft top may be a no go in northern states. Here in CA I can go topless all year long.
BDDavidn, TK1215