MI Bronco Enthusiasts Holly Oaks Meetup

Mattwings
Jan 15, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2022

[RP][/RP]

Broncos are heading back to Holly Oaks Sunday January 23rd.

[eventlink='https://thebronconation.com/wp-json/v1/rally-point/262']View Bronco Event[/eventlink]
broncoCrzy, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022

Rank V

Jan 16, 2022

Can’t wait!
Mattwings

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

How tough is it? I have never really been off road but picked up the Bronco yesterday
Alpha1_Silverback

Rank VI

Jan 16, 2022

How tough is it? I have never really been off road but picked up the Bronco yesterday
It depends on the weather, but you can make it most places with little risk and avoid anything that makes you uncomfortable. We have head several bone stock OBX and Big Bend Broncos make it through most of the park, even when it was really muddy. It’s a good time to try things out. You can see how others take lines, get an assist if you need help and get a flavor for what tires pressures people are using too.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 16, 2022

Event is here on Facebook, too. Looking forward to seeing everyone there
4DR - OBX - LUX - AMB - 2.3L
IG/@blue.bronco
StickerFab 5% Off Code: bluebronco5​
Alpha1_Silverback, Mattwings

Rank IV

Jan 16, 2022

Can't wait to head back, I think I'm gonna avoid the mud pits this time though lol
alyd09, Mattwings

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

sorry to be a pain, are you guys using 7ft or 10ft flag poles?

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

Depends on where you mount it, but 10ft pole for mine and I think the flag has to be a certain size, colt and shape. Detailed are on the Holy Oaks site.
Dramirez163

Rank V

Jan 17, 2022

If you need anything ask for help! Everyone is super nice and friendly we are all here to learn and have a great time! Come on out! Make sure you get your ORV tags! They also have flags there!
Alpha1_Silverback, Dramirez163

Rank V

Jan 17, 2022

Can\'t wait to head back, I think I\'m gonna avoid the mud pits this time though lol
haha it was a great learning experience and just bad luck! Should be a little more frozen this time around?
--- 4dr Badlands - 2.7 - Oxford White - MIC - 333a - Opt. Wheels - Tow ---
- Build day 6/21 - Delivery Day 6/28 -​
RobDemmer_JDAG

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

haha it was a great learning experience and just bad luck! Should be a little more frozen this time around?
It depends on the weather a day or two ahead, but it looks like the lows will be way down in the single or low double digits most of the week. If we don’t get any new snow, it will be kind of a frozen tundra and pretty easy wheeling. If it snows, it could be interesting, but still nothing you couldn’t avoid.
Alpha1_Silverback

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

Here is the Michigan Bronco Association sign up sheet if you didn’t see it in any of the other forums or threads. This is to try and bridge the Bronco Nation, B6G and Facebook groups to keep people in and around MI connected relative to Bronco outings, meet ups and trail rides. We may change the name and we will have some design ideas up for votes from “members” as well. We will make the group member names, email addresses and city or Zip available to the group to connect locally as well through a link to Google Drive.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vVgxUCwz5LMML5DTb8ok4xJnhP2G4MaGM6TqN9ksC_E/edit
Alpha1_Silverback, Dramirez163

Rank V

Jan 18, 2022

Is it Sunday yet!
yeet, alyd09

Road trip!!!

Jan 19, 2022

Where is everyone mounting their flag? Where do you get the flag?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

I ordered mine from Amazon and built a mount out of aluminum flat bar. In the past, there is a vendor on site that will sell and install flags. But I am not sure if they will be there Sunday or their hours. You can try contacting Holly Oaks to check as well (link below).

The Holly Oaks site has requirements listed. Watch the shape and color. From the modular bumper, you need the 10ft pole. From the trail sight it looks like the 7’ will do (trail sight mounts available at Jeff’s Bronco Graveyard) I think this flag complies.
10 ft. Solid Orange Safety Flag with 2 Pc White Pole and Mounting Bolt I can give you the measurements to do a flat bar mount, if you have the modular bumper. You can do a search for one of the other mounts as well. If you need help, one of us can help at Holly Oaks or I can help you prior to Sunday. Pretty straightforward.
https://www.oakgov.com/parks/parksandtrails/holly-oaks-orv-park/Pages/default.aspx
SlashRacer

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

i bought my flag and mount at the park last time.
88D92D13-4F5C-43E8-A9D9-5619508FE57B.jpeg7B386226-F348-4583-BB14-9E145952FE99.jpeg3132D18E-7F33-4D8A-BCD8-BA3C512B5254.jpeg
DreamFolise73, bdawson24

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

I sent out a ride announcement as somewhat of a "test" this morning. Feel free to share the info and provide any feedback you feel would be helpful to the group.

Road trip!!!

Jan 19, 2022

Never been there. Is there a building/store at the property to purchase a flag? Are the suction cup flags the only flags they have?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Never been there. Is there a building/store at the property to purchase a flag? Are the suction cup flags the only flags they have?
They had several different mounts at the on-site "store". Seem like nice people, very helpful. I am just not sure if it will be open next Sunday. The website says it will be, but it doesn't have the latest info, like the 2022 Schedule :)
SlashRacer