Champion III

Aug 2, 2021
Honeoye Falls NY
First Name
Danielle
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Running, running with my dog, playing mom-taxi, yoga, hunting, kayaking, anything else that gets me into the woods, reading fantasy novels. One day I'll add "off-roading with Curtiss" but he isn't even scheduled to be built yet.

Reactions: KennyMac

WibblyWoobly

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 7, 2021
Michigan
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Oldani
Member #

RC cars, Gaming of various sorts (tabletop, video, board), trying to learn the piano, trying to get back into mountain biking.

EDIT: Forgot model building! I have many a mecha model on the shelves.

Last edited:

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

MIM Fender Stratocaster. I prefer the MIM pickups.Found a deal on a new one ebay 3 years ago,its 2014 that was never sold partly becasue its left handed but was strung right handed JH style. I restrung it and been learning.
I always wanted to mess around with an electric guitar, electronics is also a hobby interest and I wanted to build an amplifier.So I got a guitar.
Nice! I recently inherited my grandfather's early 60's Fender Jazzmaster and it is WORLDS better than Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet I had before.

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

Fun thread. I am into guitar, making table top games and movies. Of course hiking, camping and other Bronco worthy outdoor activities
Have you ever played a game called Wingspan? One of my hobbies is birding, so my family got me that board game for Christmas last year. It took FOREVER to figure out all the nuances, but now my wife and I play all the time.

Norderwurm

Rank VI

Champion I

Apr 11, 2021
O'Fallon MO
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Reading, martial arts, training my newest puppy, tinkering (home, auto)

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

Metal detect, prospect for gold, kayak, fly rc planes, race rc trucks, fish, video games((first video game I played was Pong).

View attachment 19243View attachment 19244View attachment 19245View attachment 19246View attachment 19247View attachment 19249View attachment 19250

These are Traxxas Slash 4x4’s. Hence the username SlashRacer.
View attachment 19251

Top coin is an 1863 Civil War token.
View attachment 19252View attachment 19253
I so want to get into metal detecting. I started watching this YouTube channel called The Hoover Boys a couple of years ago and got really interested in it. But, right about the time I was thinking about putting some money towards a decent metal detector, I decided to buy a Bronco instead. So I'm scrimping my pennies to have a good down payment and keep my payments down. But yeah...basically anything where you can be out in nature and find treasure is cool. Magnet fishing, beach combing, gold prospecting. I love watching the Pioneer Pauly and Dan Hurd gold prospecting YouTube channels. Also just started watching this channel called Ghost Town Living, where this guy bought an entire silver mine town and goes down to explore the mines, finding all kinds of old ephemera. Even some intact 100+ year old Levi jeans.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

I so want to get into metal detecting. I started watching this YouTube channel called The Hoover Boys a couple of years ago and got really interested in it. But, right about the time I was thinking about putting some money towards a decent metal detector, I decided to buy a Bronco instead. So I'm scrimping my pennies to have a good down payment and keep my payments down. But yeah...basically anything where you can be out in nature and find treasure is cool. Magnet fishing, beach combing, gold prospecting. I love watching the Pioneer Pauly and Dan Hurd gold prospecting YouTube channels. Also just started watching this channel called Ghost Town Living, where this guy bought an entire silver mine town and goes down to explore the mines, finding all kinds of old ephemera. Even some intact 100+ year old Levi jeans.
I watch all of those channels. Even saw a video on finding the 100 yr old Levi’s. I have an 1850lb magnet for magnet fishing.

I swing a Minelab Equinox 800($900). Minelab offers a 15% discount for active duty and veterans. ;) My metal detecting partner swings the Nokta Simplex($350). He does extremely well with the Simplex! I highly recommend the Simplex for anyone looking to get into the hobby. If you decide you don’t like metal detecting after you purchase one, your only set back $350 for a Simplex

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

I have an almost 5 year old and a 2 year old. So I don't have hobbies, so much as interests that I never have time to pursue. But, in no particular order...

Photography...the hobby I wish I could make a living doing.
Any kind of treasure hunting....metal detecting, gold prospecting, mineral hunting, magnet fishing, mudlarking, etc.
Birding
Leatherworking
Woodworking
Music

Moostrak

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 23, 2020
Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Fortunately I turned a hobby into a career and spend my days managing a park system that consist of nearly 5,000 acres. Outside of that, hiking, spending time with the family (wife, 2 daughters, and 2 pups), sports, a little mountain biking when I have time, and music (guitar mainly, currently play a 2004 taylor 814ce limited edition for my acoustic and a prs se zach myers semi hollow electric. Looking at purchasing a new Ephiphone USA Made Texan acoustic), and serving at our church. Grew up around cars so that is just a part of life as well.

bdawson24

Rank VI

Champion I

May 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Member #

MIM Fender Stratocaster. I prefer the MIM pickups.Found a deal on a new one ebay 3 years ago,its 2014 that was never sold partly becasue its left handed but was strung right handed JH style. I restrung it and been learning.
I always wanted to mess around with an electric guitar, electronics is also a hobby interest and I wanted to build an amplifier.So I got a guitar.
sounds neat. I have a Gibson Les Paul that is fun to toy around on.

TXAMOS

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 31, 2021
Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Amos
It started as a Hobby but is now an established side hustle. I am leather craftsman primarily focusing on custom bags for clients both men and women. Im already thing about custom door bags for the bronco in all leather. Check me out @amosleathergoods on Instagram. Not trying to sell anything at all. Just sharing one of my many hobbies. Also Fossil/artifact hunting is a big hobby of mine. I'm a rock hound.
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 12.37.55 PM.png

gearwrench

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 6, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Bruschi
Member #

It started as a Hobby but is now an established side hustle. I am leather craftsman primarily focusing on custom bags for clients both men and women. Im already thing about custom door bags for the bronco in all leather. Check me out @amosleathergoods on Instagram. Not trying to sell anything at all. Just sharing one of my many hobbies. Also Fossil/artifact hunting is a big hobby of mine. I'm a rock hound.View attachment 19330
If you begin selling product post up here. I may be in the market for a bug out bag.

Reactions: TXAMOS

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

It started as a Hobby but is now an established side hustle. I am leather craftsman primarily focusing on custom bags for clients both men and women. Im already thing about custom door bags for the bronco in all leather. Check me out @amosleathergoods on Instagram. Not trying to sell anything at all. Just sharing one of my many hobbies. Also Fossil/artifact hunting is a big hobby of mine. I'm a rock hound.View attachment 19330
Leather door bags would be pretty sweet. I was actually thinking of using matching MGV to make a set.

Reactions: TXAMOS

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

I've always had too many hobbies for my wallet . That's what the wife says anyway .
I have a shooting range in my back field . Don't know why cause as someone else said , I lost all my guns in a boating accident :)

For the most years it has been motorcycles . I custom painted bikes back in the day and for a few years I had 7 bikes at a time . Some race prepped , some cruisers and a couple touring . The wife and I generally rode around 17k miles per year before her health started failing . I ended up keeping just the Yamaha Raider cruiser and just ride it a few hundred a year now :(

The track was the place you would normally find me about 5-7 weekend a year . I'm #41 in the track pics .

Once I sold the trackbikes a couple friends talked me into the RC Hobby . I'm still big into that right now .

Attachments

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Losing guns in boating accidents is common. :unsure:

The nice thing about rc is if it gets stuck you walk over and pick it up. Its addictive though, I have at least 8 gas boats, 4 1/5 scale gas truck/buggies and over 20 electric cars/trucks. I quit flying when the FAA went around the bend.as a wise man once said "rc airplanes aren't what they are cracked up to be."

Padams7

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Insurance.

Lol, I used to have hobbies, Airsoft, WOW, video games, working on old Mustangs. Now it seems all I do is work.

Hopefully when the Bronco arrives next month, I can get back into some outdoorsy things, make a few trips, explore the outdoors. Visit the keys, check out the mountains of GA. Go camping.