Members hobbies?

DFW Rusty
Oct 06, 2021

Rank II

Oct 06, 2021

These are always fun....

What is some of your hobbies?

I'm a hobby hopper, I have several hobbies that I bounce from.

Right now I am getting back into bicycles... primarily E-bikes. I build my own e-bikes. I also have a Fuji Nevada 2.0 MTB that I hit trails with, it's 10 years old this year, but it still gets the job done. My newest e-bike is a Mongoose Malus fat tire, 48v 1500 electronics with 20ah battery, tonight I am putting new XT-100 brakes on it, and hoping to order a suspension fork in the coming weeks.

I am a huge gun nut, but right now I'm pretty satisfied with my collection. I have classic WWII guns, some modern sport guns, lots of bolt actions and some other fun ones.

In the spring I tend to get my RC cars out and play with them until I get tired of having to fix them. My wife absolutely hates this hobby, because it gets expensive really really fast and I tend to get burned out on it really fast. I have 2 short course trucks, E-maxx 3906 with brushless system, redcat everest gen7, a comp crawler that I built almost 15 years ago.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am a huge offroader, been into jeeps and offroading since I could walk. I build them, beat on them, tinker on them... you name it... but that is more of a life style than a hobby...lol...

Pic of my latest e-bike!20210926_081200.jpg
4 door, big bend, 222A options, auto, 2.3L. Ordered 9/15/2021, Delivered 12/7/2021.
Moving Chicane, Polaris425

Rank VI

Oct 06, 2021

Turning my 13 year old son into a dungeous and dragons geek.
Good times.

Just ran the curse of strahd with him. Funny how the same campaigns I ran as a kid back in 1986 ... are still relevant.

https://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story/curse-of-strahd
Get's the kid off his screen for a while .... which is great.
Moving Chicane, LoneRanger

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 06, 2021

Guns,dirtbikes,snowmobiles,old tractors,rc cars/boats,photography,flyfishing/tying,electric guitar
the poacher, SlashRacer

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

Kayaking, riding horses, lap swimming (for exercise) ATV trail riding, shooting, watching football, reading.

Note: All of the above (except reading and watching football) is going to be harder with the grade 3 AC shoulder separation I just endured 2 weeks ago. :(
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
the poacher, SlashRacer

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

Right now I am getting back into bicycles... primarily E-bikes. I build my own e-bikes. I also have a Fuji Nevada 2.0 MTB that I hit trails with, it's 10 years old this year, but it still gets the job done. My newest e-bike is a Mongoose Malus fat tire, 48v 1500 electronics with 20ah battery, tonight I am putting new XT-100 brakes on it, and hoping to order a suspension fork in the coming weeks.

Curious how those are on hills? I tried mountain biking when I was younger but just couldn't build up the stamina for it. I told my wife some guys are built to run, and some are built to fight. I was NOT built to run (or ride bikes). LOL! But I wonder how that would be as compared to having to churn the pedals myself?
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Rank VI

Oct 06, 2021

Guns,dirtbikes,snowmobiles,old tractors,rc cars/boats,photography,flyfishing/tying,electric guitar
What type of electric guitar?
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank VI

Oct 06, 2021

Well, my newest hobby is 4wheeling. I purchased onX off road app, and a rescue rope.
Looking for a local club because they say never go alone.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
Moving Chicane, Deano Bronc

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Oct 06, 2021

Writer, my work in my sig below

gamer, political junkie, researching. Gonna read all yours in a min
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
SlashRacer

Rank II

Oct 06, 2021

Curious how those are on hills? I tried mountain biking when I was younger but just couldn't build up the stamina for it. I told my wife some guys are built to run, and some are built to fight. I was NOT built to run (or ride bikes). LOL! But I wonder how that would be as compared to having to churn the pedals myself?

I ride mine entirely offroad on horse trails and it is a tank! I am 6', 255lbs and it will power up short steep climbs like nothing, and will do long grades at about 22mph with no pedal assist.
4 door, big bend, 222A options, auto, 2.3L. Ordered 9/15/2021, Delivered 12/7/2021.
Deano Bronc, BigShasta

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

Very cool... no issues on horse trails, I presume, since it's probably as quiet as a normal bike?

Rank III

Oct 06, 2021

Motorcycles, skateboarding, hiking and watching my daughter play soccer. Other than that Im working or splitting fire wood.
the poacher, SlashRacer

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 06, 2021

What type of electric guitar?
MIM Fender Stratocaster. I prefer the MIM pickups.Found a deal on a new one ebay 3 years ago,its 2014 that was never sold partly becasue its left handed but was strung right handed JH style. I restrung it and been learning.
I always wanted to mess around with an electric guitar, electronics is also a hobby interest and I wanted to build an amplifier.So I got a guitar.
cjduncan

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

Fun thread. I am into guitar, making table top games and movies. Of course hiking, camping and other Bronco worthy outdoor activities
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

12 ounce curls...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Deano Bronc, the poacher

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 06, 2021

12 ounce curls...
They will give you 6 pack abs.
Deano Bronc, oldgoat

Rank II

Oct 06, 2021

Play guitar and drums.

Rank III

Oct 06, 2021

Just getting into off-roading but acoustic guitar (novice), playing baseball, golf, basketball, and tracking my sports car. I'm also an amateur mixologist/bartender but a professional happy hourist :)
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank III

Oct 06, 2021

Shooting, reloading, guns, gats, firepower. Sport bike riding fast as heck. Tinkering on cars, video games, home improvement, technology, cooking, football, beer and other awesome things.
Cyber Orange Badlands Sasquatch Soft top MGV LUX
SlashRacer, KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 06, 2021

When I am not working my 60-80 hour work week. I am doing YouTube and working on my vehicles.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
KennyMac, 2 Door Jim

Gladesmen

Oct 06, 2021

Since I ordered my Bronco my newest hobby is waiting. I have actually gotten pretty good at it.

I have too many hobbies. Hunting, fishing, RC crawling, yakking, Mnt bikes, building, rebuilding my 1984 Raleigh R5000FS BMX bike and replacing the motor on my 2008 cobalt.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
67Bronkogirl, KennyMac