Maverick Truck

Lorenzoo
May 21, 2020

Rank III

May 21, 2020

Will the new Maverick Truck be part of the Bronco family?
Like a Bronco Sport variant?

Attachments

Rusty Shackleford
Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020

Rank IV

May 22, 2020

I'm not sure why they would slap the Maverick name on a ranger so you got me man what the heck is the Maverick. I suppose if I had to guess it would be like a gladiator/ Bronco skin but then again maybe it's it's own design language.

Rank III

May 22, 2020

The new truck is smaller than the Ranger

Rank IV

May 22, 2020

That's interesting if they make it part of the Bronco family, I thought it was supposed to be separate, it's own. I guess we'll see.

Rank III

May 22, 2020

* See the weird double name they are giving this truck?
Ford Maverick (Bronco Sport pickup)
It will likely have Bronco design to connect it to the Bronco family. But doubtful it will have "Bronco" in its name.....

FROM THE INTERWEBS:
The Bronco Sport will use the same unibody platform as the new 2020 Ford Escape
This truck will ride on Ford's C2 architecture, which underpins the current Escape, Focus, and Lincoln Corsair.

The C2 platform is currently in production for vehicles sold under the Ford nameplate worldwide. Here are the Ford and Lincoln vehicles that either use the platform today or that will use the platform:
https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-platforms/ford-c2-platform/

Standing Grumpy Face

May 22, 2020

The idea of a Bronco based truck sounds kinda funny. They are taking truck platform and turning it into an SUV and turning that back into a truck.
Bronco V-8, TreeFarmer

Rank III

May 22, 2020

The idea of a Bronco based truck sounds kinda funny. They are taking truck platform and turning it into an SUV and turning that back into a truck.
its an escape based truck that'll be in the bronco family.
I do fully intend to turn my 2dr bronco into a truck though, tailgate mod the top to a remove-able cab, remove rear seat, etc.
frinesi2

Standing Grumpy Face

May 22, 2020

its an escape based truck that'll be in the bronco family.
I do fully intend to turn my 2dr bronco into a truck though, tailgate mod the top to a remove-able cab, remove rear seat, etc.

There was talk of a Gladiator competitor based on the new Bronco mid size. Just don't really see the point of that. Hadn't heard about one on the Escape platform. Which I guess would be a Bronco Sport truck.

Rank VI

May 22, 2020

There was talk of a Gladiator competitor based on the new Bronco mid size. Just don't really see the point of that. Hadn't heard about one on the Escape platform. Which I guess would be a Bronco Sport truck.

Isn't that sort of the Ranger? I know that a Bronco pickup would be different (removable top ... and other things I guess) but in the end the Gladiator and the Ranger are competitors, right?
If Found, Return to the Wild
Garemlin

Standing Grumpy Face

May 22, 2020

Isn't that sort of the Ranger? I know that a Bronco pickup would be different (removable top ... and other things I guess) but in the end the Gladiator and the Ranger are competitors, right?

Essentially yes. That's why I made the comment I did earlier. They would be taking a truck and turning it into an SUV and turning that back into a truck.
frinesi2

Rank III

May 22, 2020

Sorry I am not talking about the regular new Bronco.
I am talking about the new 2021/2 Compact Truck
Smaller than the Ranger
Based on the Bronco Sport C2 Platform

Rank III

May 25, 2020

To clear up some confusion.

“Ford T6 Platform”
1 Ford Ranger. Body on frame RWD midsized truck.
2 Ford Bronco. Body on frame RWD midsized SUV.
3 Ford Bronco Truck. Body on frame RWD midsized SUV. Similar to Ranger but more off-road worthy less work truck friendly.
(Other T6 vehicle’s include Ford Everest, and Troller T6)

“Ford C2 Platform”
1 Ford Escape. Unibody FWD compact crossover.
2 Ford Bronco Sport. Unibody FWD subcompact crossover. Similar to escape, but smaller and more rugged.
3 Ford Maverick. Unibody FWD compact truck. smaller than ranger similar to bronco Sport with a bed.
(Other C2 vehicle’s, include, Focus, Focus Active, Lincoln Corsair, and WILL include Mondeo/Fusion Active, Transit Connect)
Broncobra7903

Rank III

May 25, 2020

To clear up some confusion.

“Ford T6 Platform”
1 Ford Ranger. Body on frame RWD midsized truck.
2 Ford Bronco. Body on frame RWD midsized SUV.
3 Ford Bronco Truck. Body on frame RWD midsized SUV. Similar to Ranger but more off-road worthy less work truck friendly.
(Other T6 vehicle’s include Ford Everest, and Troller T6)

“Ford C2 Platform”
1 Ford Escape. Unibody FWD compact crossover.
2 Ford Bronco Sport. Unibody FWD subcompact crossover. Similar to escape, but smaller and more rugged.
3 Ford Maverick. Unibody FWD compact truck. smaller than ranger similar to bronco Sport with a bed.
(Other C2 vehicle’s, include, Focus, Focus Active, Lincoln Corsair, and WILL include Mondeo/Fusion Active, Transit Connect)

Well said!
BTW I didn't know a Bronco Truck was in the pipeline! I thought only a 2 & 4 door.
I guess it makes sense if they are going after Jeep, might be a good idea to have a Gladiator alt. in the line of Broncos.

!! I hope all of the above will be available with Plug-In Hybrid!
Its already baked into the C2 Platform and currently available in the Escape as a trim/model level.
FirstOnRaceDay1

Rank III

May 25, 2020

Well said!
BTW I didn't know a Bronco Truck was in the pipeline! I thought only a 2 & 4 door.
I guess it makes sense if they are going after Jeep, might be a good idea to have a Gladiator alt. in the line of Broncos.

!! I hope all of the above will be available with Plug-In Hybrid!
Its already baked into the C2 Platform and currently available in the Escape as a trim/model level.

ford said a few years ago that by the mid 20s they will have a full like up of EV and PHEV available

Rank V

May 26, 2020

I can think of some interesting variants of the new Bronco, besides the already known 2 and 4 door versions:

Half-cab - just like the original early Bronco model, a 2 door with a top that only covers the front seats, rear window and wall right behind them, full doors and window, rear seat area empty and open as a short pickup bed, on the short wheelbase 2 door chassis. It would look cool, but limited usefulness.

Bronco pickup - still a 2 door, but with a full length pickup bed, based on the longer 4 door chassis.

Extended cab Bronco pickup - 2 regular front doors, 2 smaller "suicide" type rear doors, small interior cargo area/rear seat behind the front seats, short bed, based on the longer 4 door chassis.

Crew cab = just what it sounds like, 4 regular door, 4 seats, short(er) pickup bed, on the 4 door chassis.

Some of these won't happen because they would basically be the same as the Ranger models, but it's fun the daydream. Even if Ford doesn't offer them, the aftermarket could. With the removable top and doors the stock Bronco is supposed to come with, it'd be easy to reconfigure doors, tops, and cargo areas to whatever you want.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

I can think of some interesting variants of the new Bronco, besides the already known 2 and 4 door versions:

Half-cab - just like the original early Bronco model, a 2 door with a top that only covers the front seats, rear window and wall right behind them, full doors and window, rear seat area empty and open as a short pickup bed, on the short wheelbase 2 door chassis. It would look cool, but limited usefulness.

Bronco pickup - still a 2 door, but with a full length pickup bed, based on the longer 4 door chassis.

Extended cab Bronco pickup - 2 regular front doors, 2 smaller "suicide" type rear doors, small interior cargo area/rear seat behind the front seats, short bed, based on the longer 4 door chassis.

Crew cab = just what it sounds like, 4 regular door, 4 seats, short(er) pickup bed, on the 4 door chassis.

Some of these won't happen because they would basically be the same as the Ranger models, but it's fun the daydream. Even if Ford doesn't offer them, the aftermarket could. With the removable top and doors the stock Bronco is supposed to come with, it'd be easy to reconfigure doors, tops, and cargo areas to whatever you want.

it would be downright amazing if they set up or sold additional panels to convert between them for options on the same frame, i.e. buy a 2dr, and a new rear panel, remove rear seat and bam, half cab.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Good stuff!
This topic is about the MAVERICK compact pickup

is t

Trusted and Carefree

May 26, 2020

I thought they were going with courier for the new compact pickup?
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank III

May 26, 2020

I thought they were going with courier for the new compact pickup?

I like that new better.
But I think they have already given that new to delivery type vans for Europe
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit_Courier
For N America people remember Courier Truck
And Maverick was a car, if you needed a 4 door but wanted a Mustang.

Bummer. Maverick Truck name makes no sense to me.

Dusty Rhodes

May 27, 2020

First on Race Day seems to have some solid information.
FirstOnRaceDay1