Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 9, 2021
Houston
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
The dealer lots will be flooded with these things by the end of next year (hopefully sooner.) It’s crazy to pay over sticker for something that is not a special edition or limited production run.
They will disappear off the dealership lots as fast as they arrive. All will be soft tops except for the ones where customers didn’t take possession. ie….Backed out or dealership added an unknown ADM that the customer did not know about.

The Bronco I ordered will end up on the dealership lot, because they did not cancel the order.
I agree they will be gone as soon as they arrive with current circumstances.

And I bet a lot of people are going to follow your lead and let their orders go too. I’m thinking about getting something from another brand myself just so I can get on the trails sooner.

I don’t see that being the case a year or so from now when supply chain issues are fixed and they are cranking out 100,000 + units a year. These aren’t Ford GTs.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

I agree they will be gone as soon as they arrive with current circumstances.

And I bet a lot of people are going to follow your lead and let their orders go too. I’m thinking about getting something from another brand myself just so I can get on the trails sooner.

I don’t see that being the case a year or so from now when supply chain issues are fixed and they are cranking out 100,000 + units a year. These aren’t Ford GTs.
Let’s hope this new strain of covid doesn’t shut things down again.

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
They will disappear off the dealership lots as fast as they arrive. All will be soft tops except for the ones where customers didn’t take possession. ie….Backed out or dealership added an unknown ADM that the customer did not know about.

The Bronco I ordered will end up on the dealership lot, because they did not cancel the order.
I just hope people realize, every time they see a well optioned (MIC, squatch, lux...) dealer stock unit other than the mannequin, that dealer most likely got ahold of it by screwing over a loyal customer like you and stealing their place in line.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

I thought my problems with dealers were bad.I knew I wasn't alone but your case is bad.The problem with going public is there are too many sheep that won't stand up to this.

Reactions: SlashRacer

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

I just hope people realize, every time they see a well optioned (MIC, squatch, lux...) dealer stock unit other than the mannequin, that dealer most likely got ahold of it by screwing over a loyal customer like you and stealing their place in line.
Someone will jump on it when it comes in and won’t bat an eye at the $10k-$20k ADM.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

I thought if you canceled they didn't build?

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

I thought if you canceled they didn't build?
The dealership did not cancel my order. They refunded my money and are keeping my order and there is nothing I can do about that. When I filed a complaint with Ford’s complaint department, they told me there is nothing Ford can do.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The dealer lots will be flooded with these things by the end of next year (hopefully sooner.) It’s crazy to pay over sticker for something that is not a special edition or limited production run.
Same thing happened with the Miata.Local dealer was marking them up and a 8-9 months after the craze died down they had them out front with prices on them under list.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The dealership did not cancel my order. They refunded my money and are keeping my order and there is nothing I can do about that. When I filed a complaint with Ford’s complaint department, they told me there is nothing Ford can do.
I would call your states AG and rattle them.

Bike007b

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 12, 2021
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hauritz
Member #

5-20k is the standard. There are dealers that are doing just MSRP, they're even dealers that are doing under MSRP, but those are rare.

What's messed up is it people are going in to pick up their Broncos and the dealer is surprising them with a large MSRP and they're walking which is exactly what the dealer wanted.

Which reminds me, how do you finance a vehicle when the dealer wants to charge you 20 grand over the price? Does the finance company actually allow that? I mean when they repo the car because you don't make your payments, they're not going to get their money back.
They don’t have payments, they pay cash.

cokeefe

Rank 0

Advocate I

Aug 3, 2021
massachusetts
First Name
Chris
Last Name
OKeefe
My Dealer in Foxborough MA gave me the following:

$1,500 dealer markup, said they need to keep the lights on and that was not bad compared to what other dealers are doing. To hide the ADM they just added it to MSRP.
$170 - government fee. I have no idea what that is!!!
$789 - proc/doc fee. About $400 higher than normal
$299 - ev (literally that is the only description for that fee (see attachment). I have searched the web and can't find anyone who has had a "ev" line item.)

So with all the mystery fees and high proc/doc fee we are looking at about $2,400 ADM. Not bad for doing nothing. I never even got a call to configure it with the options I wanted. The only way I knew it was ordered was from an email Ford sent me.

Attachments

Last edited: