Advocate II

Jul 30, 2021
San Diego
First Name
Rene
Last Name
Lazare
Yeah, my dealer is good too, so I don't plan on moving

But these dealers that are jackin prices. I say for those dealers, move your order to another dealer
They arent jacking up prices of contract orders, just deliveries to the lots. Because…they can

Thane

Rank III

Promoter III

Aug 26, 2020
Dana Point, CA, USA
First Name
Thane
Last Name
Thayer
All new cars get window tint installed?
None of that bubbly film on my rides, learned my lesson as a teenager.

I don't care how good your installer's film is, he won't be here in 6 years when it scratched from trail dust and looks like héll.

Reactions: KennyMac

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Well……I gave up my day 1 reservation because my dealership will not give me MSRP when my Bronco comes in. I do not have a build date for my bronco and read the horror stories about ADM. I went into my dealership the other day asking for a written MSRP guarantee. I have text messages from my salesman saying I would get MSRP. The 1 text messages says the sales manager will honor MSRP. I showed this text message to the sales manager the other day and he told me “things have changed now”. “It will be based on market value when your Bronco gets here”.

I would have switched to another dealership before I ordered with them had I known they wouldn’t honor MSRP. I have an official complaint file with Ford’s complaint department about this dealership. My complaint will go to the review board and they will decide if they will take actions against the dealership.

I don’t fault Ford for this and I still want my Bronco. I have now reordered a bronco at another Ford dealership and have a written price guarantee. I also asked the sales manager at the new dealership about Fords price guarantee for the Bronco reservation holders. This is what the sales manager told me. “Ford SUGGESTED to the dealerships that they sell the bronco at MSRP”.

If I am correct, the price guarantee is to the dealerships for the price they pay for the Bronco for the reservation holders. This was so the dealership could guarantee a price and know their cost wouldn’t go up.

I hope everyone without a written price guarantee, gets their Bronco at MSRP. Unfortunately, I believe we will see a lot of people getting screwed by shady dealerships.

Ford does not want the bad publicity from these shady dealerships. If you are one of the unfortunate ones, call Ford and file a complaint against the dealership.

My guaranteed MSRP pricing from my salesman saying the sales manager would honor MSRP.
79759754-F126-4432-94B8-F4B8DAB544C1.jpeg

Ford complaints department phone number.
223CF984-A676-4790-B6BD-211F3AC8187B.png

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
When you go to the store the price of lumber changes every day, bacon prices rise and fall. It's not shady for a car dealer to sell vehicles for what they can. Its shady to guarantee a price, but what retailers guarantee prices months in advance. We expect that from auto dealers because thats what we want, but it's not capitalism or the free market to guarantee your gallon of milk price six months into the future.

Reactions: Ian Lacasse

Desert Geezer

Rank III

Advocate III

Aug 5, 2020
Arizona, USA
First Name
JOHN
Last Name
RUSSELL
When you go to the store the price of lumber changes every day, bacon prices rise and fall. It's not shady for a car dealer to sell vehicles for what they can. Its shady to guarantee a price, but what retailers guarantee prices months in advance. We expect that from auto dealers because thats what we want, but it's not capitalism or the free market to guarantee your gallon of milk price six months into the future.

I agree unless I order my gallon today (with a deposit) subject to a "guaranteed" price at time of future delivery :)

Tr3B3ll247

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 19, 2021
Ohio
First Name
Tre
Last Name
Bell
Member #

It was the same way and still is with the Telluride. Luckily I work st a dealer that has both Ford and Kia, so I get to dodge the markups

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I have a $1K deposit, purchase agreement matching X-pricing and build sheet with my dealer, I believe they will honor it.

I also have no practical way to enforce it should they go for some ADM.
If you got x-pricing then congrats. But..be aware that fords not not giving x-pricing. Just an observation.

Munky

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 3, 2021
The Bayou
First Name
The
Last Name
Rougarou
If you got x-pricing then congrats. But..be aware that fords not not giving x-pricing. Just an observation.
you say X pricing, are we talking the friends and family benefit, cause I was told it was not applicable to the Bronco or Mach-E, or any special editions

Soupcook

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Well……I gave up my day 1 reservation because my dealership will not give me MSRP when my Bronco comes in. I do not have a build date for my bronco and read the horror stories about ADM. I went into my dealership the other day asking for a written MSRP guarantee. I have text messages from my salesman saying I would get MSRP. The 1 text messages says the sales manager will honor MSRP. I showed this text message to the sales manager the other day and he told me “things have changed now”. “It will be based on market value when your Bronco gets here”.

I would have switched to another dealership before I ordered with them had I known they wouldn’t honor MSRP. I have an official complaint file with Ford’s complaint department about this dealership. My complaint will go to the review board and they will decide if they will take actions against the dealership.

I don’t fault Ford for this and I still want my Bronco. I have now reordered a bronco at another Ford dealership and have a written price guarantee. I also asked the sales manager at the new dealership about Fords price guarantee for the Bronco reservation holders. This is what the sales manager told me. “Ford SUGGESTED to the dealerships that they sell the bronco at MSRP”.

If I am correct, the price guarantee is to the dealerships for the price they pay for the Bronco for the reservation holders. This was so the dealership could guarantee a price and know their cost wouldn’t go up.

I hope everyone without a written price guarantee, gets their Bronco at MSRP. Unfortunately, I believe we will see a lot of people getting screwed by shady dealerships.

Ford does not want the bad publicity from these shady dealerships. If you are one of the unfortunate ones, call Ford and file a complaint against the dealership.

My guaranteed MSRP pricing from my salesman saying the sales manager would honor MSRP.
View attachment 16263

Ford complaints department phone number.
View attachment 16264
This really sucks. I've seen your posts here for a year it seems like and I know how badly you want the Bronco. I hope this delay turns into something even better.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

This really sucks. I've seen your posts here for a year it seems like and I know how badly you want the Bronco. I hope this delay turns into something even better.
Thank you!

Looks like a MY21 wasn’t meant for me and there is something better coming for me with a MY22. My glass is full!

Munky

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 3, 2021
The Bayou
First Name
The
Last Name
Rougarou
I thought my problems with dealers were bad.I knew I wasn't alone but your case is bad.The problem with going public is there are too many sheep that won't stand up to this.
my question is where is Ford and it’s promise of price protection at? especially for the earliest of reservation/order holders?

or am I misunderstanding and this is limited to “new customers”…

smknjoe

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 9, 2021
Houston
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
The dealer lots will be flooded with these things by the end of next year (hopefully sooner.) It’s crazy to pay over sticker for something that is not a special edition or limited production run.

• Haha
Reactions: Speed Devil

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

my question is where is Ford and it’s promise of price protection at? especially for the earliest of reservation/order holders?

The price protection was for no MSRP increases from MY21 to MY22 for then current reservation holders.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Ford does not own the dealerships and the dealerships set the pricing. Ford suggested the dealerships sell the bronco at MSRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronc96

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

The dealer lots will be flooded with these things by the end of next year (hopefully sooner.) It’s crazy to pay over sticker for something that is not a special edition or limited production run.
They will disappear off the dealership lots as fast as they arrive. All will be soft tops except for the ones where customers didn’t take possession. ie….Backed out or dealership added an unknown ADM that the customer did not know about.

The Bronco I ordered will end up on the dealership lot, because they did not cancel the order.