Marine Grade Vinyl vs. Leather Seats

allan
Oct 10, 2020

Rank V

Oct 10, 2020

Check out these up close photos of marine grade vinyl and leather seats. Which one are you going for and why?

Some of the key differences between the two are the leather is black and the MGV is slightly lighter but looks dark grey in natural daylight. The leather has a natural leather grain while the MGV is smooth. MGV is also washable and mildew resistant.

What they have in common? Both look and feel great!

Attachments

Manjp1, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 10, 2020

Check out these up close photos of marine grade vinyl and leather seats. Which one are you going for and why?

MGV for me! Top off, drains open. Let it get wet!
Buckin', Speed Devil

Rank V

Oct 10, 2020

MGV for me! Top off, drains open. Let it get wet!

If you are going to get your Bronco dirty, MGV is probably the way to go!
Speed Devil, Bschurr

Rank V

Oct 10, 2020

I had a Kawasaki sportbike years ago that had a funky, vinyl seat cover. This looks like the same stuff. You're gonna love it!
And orange stitching? Hell yeah
Bschurr, ATC Enthusiast

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 11, 2020

After seeing and touching the MGV, going with it for sure. I won't have to stress out about them if they get wet. It doesn't take long for leather to sow some wear so I believe the MGV will last longer.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bschurr, Shadowblade

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

Thanks all for the reviews! MGV it is for me as well!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Bschurr, Shadowblade

Rank II

Oct 11, 2020

If you are going to get your Bronco dirty, MGV is probably the way to go!
yes if you could get mgv in in your trim but can only get it in bd bl sadly
P.R. Kid, Bschurr

Rank V

Oct 11, 2020

Someone indicated you can't get heated seats with the MGV and rubber floors? I'm assuming that also means no power seats also? That is a bummer. I really want the MGV and rubber flooring, but I also want those two features also. Need to decide what is more important?
Shadowblade

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

I believe the heated seats are available, however power will not be. I am not 100% so anyone please jump in if not accurate.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
ATC Enthusiast, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

I planned to get leather, but after reading all the great discussion on the MGV I think there is no reason to spend the money for leather. I am seriously let down by the power seat issue though. I’m sure there are good reasons for the decision but in any other car it would be a deal breaker for me.
Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 11, 2020

I planned to get leather, but after reading all the great discussion on the MGV I think there is no reason to spend the money for leather. I am seriously let down by the power seat issue though. I’m sure there are good reasons for the decision but in any other car it would be a deal breaker for me.
If you have an interior that is able to take some soaking and it will, it makes sense not to put a motor under the seat that might get water splashed on it.Power seat motors are not sealed.
Shadowblade, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

If you have an interior that is able to take some soaking and it will, it makes sense not to put a motor under the seat that might get water splashed on it.Power seat motors are not sealed.
There are lots of things you don’t want to get wet even though the floors can take a “washing”. Not sure I like the idea of the seat sliders getting wet or the console or even the bottom of the seat cushions. If they are going to offer leather I wish they would offer power seats.

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

I hope they are comfortable with good lumbar support even if manual. I plan on hitting the road to some of these future BN events and would hate to know I spent a 50k or more on a vehicle with bad seats that kill my back.
Tme, Deano Bronc

Chief

Oct 11, 2020

Whatever this is, is what I want.FULL_DASH_C3.jpeg
Shadowblade, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

I gotta say, MGV looks great, it has far exceeded my expectations from when I first heard about it!
Bonnie6G, Bschurr

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 11, 2020

There are lots of things you don’t want to get wet even though the floors can take a “washing”. Not sure I like the idea of the seat sliders getting wet or the console or even the bottom of the seat cushions. If they are going to offer leather I wish they would offer power seats.
Maybe you should consider an Explorer.
Tme, P.R. Kid

Badlands | 2-Door | Antimatter Blue | 2.3 Manual

Oct 11, 2020

Whatever this is, is what I want.View attachment 4287
unless something changed i don't believe this will be an option, I was excited about MGV early on and I'm going getting more confident it will be what I go with.
Badlands | 2-Door | MIC | Antimatter Blue | High | 2.3 Manual | Fifteen 52 Traverse HD
Reservation Date: 7/13/20
Delivery: 12/17/21
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2020

Maybe you should consider an Explorer.
Wtf?
Shadowblade

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2020

Based on all I’m hearing I don’t think the Leather should be offered unless it’s a add-on selected. I feel like even the LUX other other packages should be MGV. It just looks better in the pictures I’ve seen, is more durable from what I hear, and is most important, WATER RESISTANT which is key to an off road/open-air driving. It needs more durability...
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Sikkensman, Bschurr

Gladesmen

Oct 12, 2020

Based on all I’m hearing I don’t think the Leather should be offered unless it’s a add-on selected. I feel like even the LUX other other packages should be MGV. It just looks better in the pictures I’ve seen, is more durable from what I hear, and is most important, WATER RESISTANT which is key to an off road/open-air driving. It needs more durability...
Agreed it should at least be an option for all trim levels. Even if you have to pay extra.
My wife does embroidery work on the side and one of her clients does upholstery and he had her stitch out some mustang emblems for the headrests on that MGV material and it is some nice stuff.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
P.R. Kid, Bschurr