Marine grade vinyl is amazing

Mdbeachguy
Apr 17, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 17, 2021

Went to check out the broncos locally and I have to say that MGV is something else. In case you were worried it was like boat vinyl its not. Its hard to explain the texture accurately. However its not leather. And its not boat vinyl that would stick to your ass in the summer heat. However it feels VERY premium to the touch. unless you are planning to keep the top on 110% of the time and never removing it. I suggest its worth the upgrade.

In fact If i were ford i would offer it on all trim levels because of how good it is.

If ford wants a premium option they can give us that old concept ranch leather setup that looked so amazing at launch. this vinyl should be standard
Crawler Green, Pattertj
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2021

Chief

Apr 17, 2021

Went to check out the broncos locally and I have to say that MGV is something else. In case you were worried it was like boat vinyl its not. Its hard to explain the texture accurately. However its not leather. And its not boat vinyl that would stick to your ass in the summer heat. However it feels VERY premium to the touch. unless you are planning to keep the top on 110% of the time and never removing it. I suggest its worth the upgrade.

In fact If i were ford i would offer it on all trim levels because of how good it is.

If ford wants a premium option they can give us that old concept ranch leather setup that looked so amazing at launch. this vinyl should be standard
Is MGV anything like wetsuit material? I plan to get MGV with my 2 door Badlands. I've heard many good things about it, and will finally get to see it for myself this coming Wednesday. Thanks for posting.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

No Ragerts

Apr 17, 2021

Is MGV anything like wetsuit material?
NO!!! That’s neoprene and it’s the last thing you want to sit on in the heat because it promotes swamp@ss
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
SuperMike, Scritz

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Apr 17, 2021

I agree it is amazing and it should be an option on all trims from BB and up . The cloth seats in any color should be an option across the board also .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
14U, Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 17, 2021

MGV is extremely comfortable,
Many luxury boats/ Hotels for pool and spa areas, water parks for seats in their seating areas etc have this product and to be honest, the term “Vinyl” gives it an injustice.
Yes, it is in the vinyl category, but it is a stand out from the standard Vinyl that most perceive.
-The backing yarns have to be Mold and mildew resistant.
-The backing also has to be a breathable cotton.
-The surface vinyl has to pass a UV approved 1200 hr minimum exposure test.
-typically all vinyls have to pass 100,000 drb,
Which is double rubs, this is how many rubs the product can handle in a specific area , before it shows sign of being compromised.
My wife has worked in the Textile industry for 25 years for a international company that is Tulsa Based for 75 years.
She’s a sales rep for Latin America and the Caribbean. She knows MGV very well as it’s in her wheelhouse.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
SAVEUP, Dirt Dog

Wank ER

Apr 17, 2021

Got to see the Broncos Live at my dealer yesterday and had these ripe pictures I was just downloading for a write up I did on the 2 trucks there.
If you zoom in on the MGV you can get a better feel for the make-up and texture compared to boat, wet-suits or leather materials.

Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray Black/ Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats – Roast with Black Onyx
IMG_2745.jpgIMG_2759.jpg
2021 FE Cactus Grey
14U, Deano Bronc

Wank ER

Apr 17, 2021

An even better look at the material -
IMG_2744.jpeg
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Deano Bronc, Steve777468

Life is a Highway

Apr 17, 2021

Great pics, thanks for the post!
Chief1301

Rank VI

Apr 17, 2021

MGV is extremely comfortable,
Many luxury boats/ Hotels for pool and spa areas, water parks for seats in their seating areas etc have this product and to be honest, the term “Vinyl” gives it an injustice.
Yes, it is in the vinyl category, but it is a stand out from the standard Vinyl that most perceive.
-The backing yarns have to be Mold and mildew resistant.
-The backing also has to be a breathable cotton.
-The surface vinyl has to pass a UV approved 1200 hr minimum exposure test.
-typically all vinyls have to pass 100,000 drb,
Which is double rubs, this is how many rubs the product can handle in a specific area , before it shows sign of being compromised.
My wife has worked in the Textile industry for 25 years for a international company that is Tulsa Based for 75 years.
She’s a sales rep for Latin America and the Caribbean. She knows MGV very well as it’s in her wheelhouse.
this is a really cool post thank you
Steve777468, 14U

Rank VI

Apr 18, 2021

The MGV I sat on felt like leather to me. I think most folks would assume it is leather when test driving.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
TK1215, Chief1301

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 18, 2021

I agree it is amazing and it should be an option on all trims from BB and up . The cloth seats in any color should be an option across the board also .
I agree, it should be available for all.
There’s a reason , the top packages offer it as a Leather alternative though,
It’s Expensive.
It is a first for an automotive company to put it in a vehicle...
“It’s Expensive.” Because it’s a great surface.
I have a 1993 waverunner with the original MGV seat and it is just as flexible as when I bought it. We’re going on almost 30 years.
Many are going to regret not getting it years from now.
IMO - MGV is by far the best and gonna be the longest lasting of “ALL” of the interiors.
As far as durability. Pocket knives excluded.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Dirt Dog, MDT

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 18, 2021

I agree, it should be available for all.
There’s a reason , the top packages offer it as a Leather alternative though,
It’s Expensive.
It is a first for an automotive company to put it in a vehicle...
“It’s Expensive.” Because it’s a great surface.
I have a 1993 waverunner with the original MGV seat and it is just as flexible as when I bought it. We’re going on almost 30 years.
Many are going to regret not getting it years from now.
IMO - MGV is by far the best and gonna be the longest lasting of “ALL” of the interiors.
As far as durability. Pocket knives excluded.
I hope you are right. Love the feel of it and going with a BL because of it. Because this is a first time use of it by Ford, I'm a little concerned on the durability. I know MGV has been used a long time on boats, it doesn't mean Ford has used a premium grade that is going to perform as well. I would assume there are different grades of MGV just like leather. Time will tell!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bschurr, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 18, 2021

I hope you are right. Love the feel of it and going with a BL because of it. Because this is a first time use of it by Ford, I'm a little concerned on the durability. I know MGV has been used a long time on boats, it doesn't mean Ford has used a premium grade that is going to perform as well. I would assume there are different grades of MGV just like leather. Time will tell!
I don’t think you will be disappointed at all,
Yes there are different grades of MGV,
And to be honest, you can find those on low end Boats.
The BD was offered the “ONE” for a reason.
They have confidence in it. IMO
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Bschurr, Chief1301

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 18, 2021

Another way to look at it...
The BD was offered as the model to take the most interior abuse of all the models.
“From a standard package perspective”.
May as well call it the Dirty Diamond.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Bschurr, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 18, 2021

What should be the focus on the MGV should be the foam underneath. And not the material itself. From what I’ve experienced.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Chief1301

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 18, 2021

What should be the focus on the MGV should be the foam underneath. And not the material itself. From what I’ve experienced.
Yeah, you're probably right. I've had different results on that aspect. On our 2009 Fusion, the padding itself hasn't faired too well with about 160,000 miles. But the seat in a 2004 Excursion with 260,000 we once had, held up great. Hoping for more of a truck type construction which I believe they did.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Chief1301, 14U

Apr 18, 2021

From the MGV that I saw , I'm confident it will hold up better than the fake leather (M-Tex) that's in the wifes Mercedes . I hate that stuff . The look , texture , everything . This is a pic of it after 7 years . My 2007 King Ranch leather with 201k miles was in perfect condition when I sold it a few months ago and the wifes prior MB with cloth/vinyl seats was perfect when she sold it after 14 years . The Ford MGV is a far better looking and feel than the MB crap these days .

Mtex.jpg
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, Chief1301

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 18, 2021

03 mercury mountaineer loaded
Leather seats
Just 18 years later.
The seams are starting to blow because the leather is checking.
Leather -“ HAS GOT TO BE MAINTAINED!”
saddles,tack,upholstery,it’s a must ,if your buying leather for the true purpose of having leather.F6CE6E2D-2361-4498-949C-2160231D4A99.jpeg
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Rydfree

Apr 18, 2021

Leather seats
Just 18 years later.
saddles,tack,upholstery,it’s a must ,if your buying leather for the true purpose of having leather.View attachment 11710
"Just 18 years" lol
Deano Bronc, 14U

Chief

Apr 18, 2021

Leather seats
Just 18 years later.
saddles,tack,upholstery,it’s a must ,if your buying leather for the true purpose of having leather.View attachment 11710
Looks like the leather seats in my 94 Bronco. Even if you keep the leather conditioned, the stiching can breakdown. Sun is the killer.
Deano Bronc, 14U