March 29th

Brian R
Mar 04, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 04, 2021

March 29th is the new Phase 1 Mass Production Start. Does anybody have confirmation of this or anything to add?
KennyMac, Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 04, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

As I understand it, MP 1 is an internal milestone related to the manufacturing process. Job 1, which is what really matters, is scheduled for May. Job 1 is when the official production of customer Broncos would begin.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
katiehutson, Bronclahoma

Rank III

Mar 05, 2021

As I understand it, MP 1 is an internal milestone related to the manufacturing process. Job 1, which is what really matters, is scheduled for May. Job 1 is when the official production of customer Broncos would begin.

Do you mind sharing as much as you can when there are developments on this calendar? Maybe frame it as speculation or something so you/Ford aren't on the hook or beholden to any specific date...
TrailReady, Brian R

Rank 0

Mar 05, 2021

Thank you for the info. I haven't been this excited to get a new vehicle since I was a kid. As a third generation Ford guy, the Bronco checks all the boxes for me.
14U, Rydfree

Rank V

Mar 05, 2021

March 29th is the new Phase 1 Mass Production Start. Does anybody have confirmation of this or anything to add?
Pretty cool birthday present to me!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
TrailReady, Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 05, 2021

If I remember from some earlier posts, they will start doing allocation calculations in March
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 06, 2021

There's a further wrinkle in this. Just because my Bronco has been built doesn't mean I can buy it or take delivery. There will be another milestone between Job 1 and delivery of the first customer Broncos. That milestone, known as Okay To Buy or OKTB, is when Ford says that the vehicles are good to go for customer sales. The purpose of the delay is to ensure that the factory is building as clean as possible and minimize the chance of immediate recalls. Doesn't always work out (ahem, Bronco Sport) but with FCTP production going first we can hope that the roll out will be clean.

The dates that you're looking for are Job 1 and OKTB. Job 1 is supposed to be in May and it's looking like they might make that date. OKTB will depend on how MAP is doing with building the Broncos clean every time. We won't know more about OKTB until sometime in May/June timeframe.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Midnight Blue, Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 06, 2021

There's a further wrinkle in this. Just because my Bronco has been built doesn't mean I can buy it or take delivery. There will be another milestone between Job 1 and delivery of the first customer Broncos. That milestone, known as Okay To Buy or OKTB, is when Ford says that the vehicles are good to go for customer sales. The purpose of the delay is to ensure that the factory is building as clean as possible and minimize the chance of immediate recalls. Doesn't always work out (ahem, Bronco Sport) but with FCTP production going first we can hope that the roll out will be clean.

The dates that you're looking for are Job 1 and OKTB. Job 1 is supposed to be in May and it's looking like they might make that date. OKTB will depend on how MAP is doing with building the Broncos clean every time. We won't know more about OKTB until sometime in May/June timeframe.
I’m looking for OWGMT “ok we got Modular Tops”
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
SlashRacer, katiehutson

Road trip!!!

Mar 12, 2021

I thought Ford got the OKTB already?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

Not for the full size Broncos, probably not till end of May.
Commodore

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

They did. Ramping up slowly, building dealer loaners to provide samples for us to drive...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Commodore

Libations MOD

Mar 12, 2021

Not for the full size Broncos, probably not till end of May.
It was announced a few weeks ago they got it.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Commodore, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

They did. Ramping up slowly, building dealer loaners to provide samples for us to drive...
Is that just for media/dealer cars? My understanding was what I had read elsewhere;

“That OKTB order is expected to fall in line with what Ford is calling the “Job 1” date for production, which is currently slated for May 3. While it is not impossible for the OKTB announcement to come early, as it did with the Ranger, we wouldn’t get your hopes up. Instead, it appears that customer cars are still expected to arrive in May, matching Ford’s previously announced spring/summer 2021 timeline.” From;
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-production-could-start-march-29/
SlashRacer, Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

It was announced a few weeks ago they got it.
Well, the key will be when the first people get their build dates.
SlashRacer, 14U

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

From over at b6g, premierdrum had mentioned the following, which clarifies that the oktb had not been received, it was just the last federal certification being received.

"After earning its last required Federal certifications at the end of last week, every Bronco 2dr/4dr built starting this week and forward at MAP are legally sellable to the public (note that this does NOT affect Ford's OKTB, which will come sometime around the published Job 1 date)."
Commodore, SlashRacer

Life is a Highway

Mar 12, 2021

Confirmed, scheduled, built, shipped, and here are your keys. Not sure of the dates, but those are them
SlashRacer, Commodore

Rank IV

Mar 12, 2021

Pretty cool birthday present to me!
Mine as well March 29, 1976
Commodore, KennyMac

Rank IV

Mar 13, 2021

There has not been an Okay To Buy yet for 2dr/4dr Bronco. OKTB occurs some time period after Job 1 which is full production which hasn't happened yet.
Rgwinn, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 13, 2021

Obviously a lot of confusion around a date I don't care about, personally. I'm waiting for "Scheduled for Production" notification and then "Built". The rest of the dates are meaningless to me.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
MN_OuterBanks, Midnight Blue

Rank V

Mar 13, 2021

I’m looking for OWGMT “ok we got Modular Tops”

I'm looking for IIMFD (It's In My Freakin Driveway)
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
SlashRacer, Brian R