Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Welcome back and thanks for another set of great pics @jparker! Looking forward to see what else you bagged during your recent hunting trip. Maybe the elusive VB beast? (y)

Im actually going with this instead of the hotheads, i guess it may be gambling. Hotheads looks like kickboards that have been covered in felt in the recesses of the top. IMO, they leave much to be desired when it comes to looks. Im actually willing to give up some deadening for more overall coverage, but I'm probably in the minority. Production pieces will be better.
I am leaning toward this as well. I did like the Hotheads product but wonder what the final fit will look like with all of the contours on the Bronc top. I do like how the OE unit is molded to fit the contours and think the production version will have a better finish. :)

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

As others have said, thanks @jparker for the great pictures. Hope you had a great time off and ready for an awesome 2021.

Yes. It looks a little rough in places but it is preproduction and I'm sure will get better. I really don't have a horse in this race since Ford is not allowing it on my build. As you can see, the enormous weight of those panels would cause detrimental handling characteristics that no man (or woman) could handle! :ROFLMAO:

ChapEJF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 7, 2020
Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Thanks so much for these pics, they are very helpful. I was trying to decide between this factory option or the Hotheads. Two things have helped me to decide to go with the factory option.
1. I like the amount of coverage on the panel that we see in these pictures.
2. The thought of removing the whole roof, sanding, prepping and then doing the install myself!? :(
The older I get the more willing I am to pay for convenience. I will gladly pay $495 for this option.

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
The much anticipated sound deadening headliner pics have arrived. Apologies for the delay, jparker took a slight hiatus to relax and spend time with family. No fear, we're back and ready for an awesome 2021! Lots more exciting content coming this week as we dig deeper into the 2-Door close to production unit so be on the look out for that and submit any questions you have! Enjoy!
Thank you for posting the photos, it is helpful to see this in more detail.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

I'll be getting it just for the finished look on the inside more so than sound deadening but it should do fairly well for some heat/sound rejection . I said in a very early thread that it would probably be a molded to shape Bedrug type product to offer better coverage than the patchwork aftermarket products . Seriously people should just get what they like best and stop with the over the top bitching about pre-production pictures . I sold many Bedrug liners over the years and they are excellent for not retaining water or odors , stains mildew etc. I've had customers haul their dead deer out of the woods and the blood just washed right out with no stains or odors left at all . The material also quietens the noise from the bed drastically . From these pre-production pics it looks to be this type of material with excellent coverage . I'm sure the cuts on the edges will get better but people nit-picking on that and then liking the patchwork look of other alternatives really make me laugh .

Thank you Ford and Bronco Nation for trying to get pics and info out here for us all .

5280Bronco

Rank V

Promoter III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

Coverking makes what they call a topliner for jeep. You can see the youtube video at Checked the price at a vender, $399.00. With any luck aftermarket will jump on the Bronco.
I had sent a message to coverking about their headliner and they had said they were working with ford on some exclusive items with them. I wonder if they are actually producing the headliner. Maybe not, but it looks very similar.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Just remember the liner shown on the Bronco is pre production. I gotta believe the fit and finish will be much better. Very good video. I haven’t looked, but I am curious as to how much additional weight the liner adds on? Will check later

Last edited:

Advocate I

Dec 30, 2020
Southfield, MI, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Lightfoot
Very nice, thanks for the pics.. Works for me, as it's standard equipment on the FE. Now in a holding Pattern on Black interior pics and Black Hardtop availability date.
You thinking about getting Black interior over the Navy Pier one, for the FE? I'm also waiting on the Black top. Don't like the MIC top.

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
You thinking about getting Black interior over the Navy Pier one, for the FE? I'm also waiting on the Black top. Don't like the MIC top.
Definitely going black interior, not a fan of the Navy pier interior. Wish we could get the Roast/Black interior on the FE. I've seen it on the Bronco Sport and love it.
20201230_132232.jpg

jparker

Rank V
Staff member

Supporter I

Sep 14, 2020
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Welcome back and thanks for another set of great pics @jparker! Looking forward to see what else you bagged during your recent hunting trip. Maybe the elusive VB beast? (y)

I am leaning toward this as well. I did like the Hotheads product but wonder what the final fit will look like with all of the contours on the Bronc top. I do like how the OE unit is molded to fit the contours and think the production version will have a better finish. :)
The VB beast is coming....

jparker

Rank V
Staff member

Supporter I

Sep 14, 2020
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

@jparker thanks for posting, and I hope you had great holidays on your time off with your family. Any impressions on how well it attaches to the roof? I’m planning to get it, and I hope that whatever adhesive they use doesn’t melt in the AZ summer heat.

Any chance the close to production two door will be Velocity Blue? We still haven’t seen that color on a Bronco build!
How does a January surprise sound for the VB?

Mikey Smith

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 3, 2021
Plymouth, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Regarding the Outer Banks model, the Lux Pkg used to identify "added sound deadener", and I had assumed it would include the roof. Now, the Build and Price doesn't list any additional sound deadener. I offer that the sound deadener will likely offer some temperature benefit as well...