MAP DROP: Sound Deadening Headliner

jparker
Jan 03, 2021

Jan 03, 2021

The much anticipated sound deadening headliner pics have arrived. Apologies for the delay, jparker took a slight hiatus to relax and spend time with family. No fear, we're back and ready for an awesome 2021! Lots more exciting content coming this week as we dig deeper into the 2-Door close to production unit so be on the look out for that and submit any questions you have! Enjoy!

Attachments

@jordanfrombn on Instagram
ufslide, Max2000
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 03, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

Ah yes, the illusive sound deadening head liner, good catch Mr. @jparker.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
JFord, jparker

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

@jparker thanks for posting, and I hope you had great holidays on your time off with your family. Any impressions on how well it attaches to the roof? I’m planning to get it, and I hope that whatever adhesive they use doesn’t melt in the AZ summer heat.

Any chance the close to production two door will be Velocity Blue? We still haven’t seen that color on a Bronco build!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
jparker, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

Just lost a little love for this option. Looks like someone cut these pieces with an exacto knife after a glass of scotch. Hopefully the production version will have straight lines.
JRHopp, RyanChamberlain

Rank IV

Jan 03, 2021

Is the plastic floor covering behind the rear seats the standard rear floor covering? Any chance you can get a picture of the same thing on a 4 door?
Grooticus, tlowell01

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

Just lost a little love for this option. Looks like someone cut these pieces with an exacto knife after a glass of scotch. Hopefully the production version will have straight lines.
I can see what you are saying. I just hope it keeps extra noise out.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
JFord, jparker

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

The much anticipated sound deadening headliner pics have arrived. Apologies for the delay, jparker took a slight hiatus to relax and spend time with family. No fear, we're back and ready for an awesome 2021! Lots more exciting content coming this week as we dig deeper into the 2-Door close to production unit so be on the look out for that and submit any questions you have! Enjoy!
Thank you for sharing great quality pics of this!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
JFord, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jan 03, 2021

Mmmmm we'll have to see about it. Is that the color of all the tops on the interior side? Or just the modular?

Rank IV

Jan 03, 2021

Mmmmm we'll have to see about it. Is that the color of all the tops on the interior side? Or just the modular?

It looks like an MIC top. There is no porthole over the rear seats that should be there on a 2 door mod top.

Rank III

Jan 03, 2021

Get readddddy for the negativity from the "I can do anything better than you" group who has done absolutely zero with their lives. Can. Not. Wait.
JGuske23, hbdcowboys

Rank 0

Jan 03, 2021

Hope you enjoyed the holidays! Will they be molded in color?

Rank II

Jan 03, 2021

It looks like an MIC top. There is no porthole over the rear seats that should be there on a 2 door mod top.
Even on the 2door? This looks like the 2door (Sorry mod top is out of my price and trim.

Rank IV

Jan 03, 2021

Even on the 2door? This looks like the 2door (Sorry mod top is out of my price and trim.

The porthole above the rear seats is only on the 2 door modular top. You can see it in the build and price if you go to the Canada site where the Modular top renders correctly and doesn't disappear.

Attachments

JFord, TorgSurv

Rank V

Jan 03, 2021

If I need it, Hot Heads it is!!!
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
BroncoBoy22

Rank V

Jan 03, 2021

Ford, that looks embarrassingly bad for $495. I will be going with an aftermarket solution when one is available.

EDIT: I realize my first reaction may have been too harsh. Others have pointed out that this is obviously a preproduction example, so the fit and finish will likely be improved in the final product. It also makes the ceiling look nicer than without the headliner. I wonder if there is anything in that headliner that reflects heat though.

Rank 0

Jan 03, 2021

Thanks for the pics; very good HD quality.
BroncoBoy22, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 03, 2021

Im actually going with this instead of the hotheads, i guess it may be gambling. Hotheads looks like kickboards that have been covered in felt in the recesses of the top. IMO, they leave much to be desired when it comes to looks. Im actually willing to give up some deadening for more overall coverage, but I'm probably in the minority. Production pieces will be better.
TEEDEE, JFord

Rank IV

Jan 03, 2021

Very nice, thanks for the pics.. Works for me, as it's standard equipment on the FE. Now in a holding Pattern on Black interior pics and Black Hardtop availability date.
CCDetroit, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jan 03, 2021

Coverking makes what they call a topliner for jeep. You can see the youtube video at Checked the price at a vender, $399.00. With any luck aftermarket will jump on the Bronco.
ufslide, JFord

Rank V

Jan 03, 2021

Coverking makes what they call a topliner for jeep. You can see the youtube video at Checked the price at a vender, $399.00. With any luck aftermarket will jump on the Bronco.
That looks really thorough. I would gladly pay $500 if this is what Ford offered.
BroncoBoy22