Make them Simple, so you can Make them

Rancherofred
May 09, 2022

Rank 0

May 09, 2022

I wish I could get a Bronco with:
No Power windows
No Power Locks
No rear view camera (that is why God made Mirrors)
No Blue tooth, or Web enhanced gadgets
An AM/FM radio with a knob to change stations
No automatic climate control ( I can roll down the window, or turn heat knob up as needed)
In other words:
None of the stuff that Holds Up Production, requires chips from China, and drives up cost, for Lack of Chips on a machine that has an "Off Road, Rugged Attitude"

I think you get the idea !
LoneRanger, Jboohound
Last edited by a moderator: May 09, 2022

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 09, 2022

Ill keep the radio, and the rear view camera, otherwise I’m with you

also a Cyclone V6 (3.7), as who wants the complexity of a Turbo system?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
EvlNvrDys, Bronco V-8

Rank V

May 09, 2022

No Power windows
No Power Locks
No automatic climate control ( I can roll down the window, or turn heat knob up as needed)
In other words:
None of the stuff that Holds Up Production, requires chips from China, and drives up cost, for Lack of Chips on a machine that has an "Off Road, Rugged Attitude"

Just FYI, the back up camera is required by law. Safety issue to stop little kids from being killed.
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
Coraleef

Gladesmen

May 09, 2022

Ill keep the radio, and the rear view camera, otherwise I’m with you

also a Cyclone V6 (3.7), as who wants the complexity of a Turbo system?
Make mine a straight six. Or better a 8 valve Diesel 4 cyl. Like the 4BT.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Darrel, Speed Devil

Rank VI

May 09, 2022

No Power windows
No Power Locks
In other words:

Sounds like you want an old one. Go buy it and make me one step closer in line.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
TangerineScream, Jpulido91

May 09, 2022

Make mine a straight six. Or better a 8 valve Diesel 4 cyl. Like the 4BT.

f*ck it, V8 or bust!
EvlNvrDys, Bronco V-8

Official unofficial BN Photographer

May 09, 2022

I don't think they'd sell many of those.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Coraleef, Darrel

May 09, 2022

I don't think they'd sell many of those.
I’d buy it. Let’s get mpg down to the old svt raptor territory. Single digits all the way!
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Jakob1972, Darrel

May 09, 2022

I’d buy it. Let’s get mpg down to the old svt raptor territory. Single digits all the way!

who cares about fuel economy anyway, we’re men, not west coast girlymen
TK1215, Bronco V-8

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 09, 2022

I think I saw on the news this morning that Beamers are being shipped with out Apple Car Play and some other app because of chip shortages. I could have been dreaming it too, I got up way too early this morning.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
EvlNvrDys, thgdfathr

Rank V

May 09, 2022

No airbags no seat belts and headlights that run on whale oil.
Jakob1972, thgdfathr

May 09, 2022

who cares about fuel economy anyway, we’re men, not west coast girlymen
Us west coast girly men are paying almost $6 a gallon for 87 octane (some gas stations are closer to $7, I saw $6.80-something the other day at Chevron for 91)... so yeah, fuel mileage is a factor! When it costs well over $100 every fill-up, it adds up
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Omegablu, EvlNvrDys

May 09, 2022

Us west coast girly men are paying almost $6 a gallon for 87 octane (some gas stations are closer to $7, I saw $6.80-something the other day at Chevron for 91)... so yeah, fuel mileage is a factor! When it costs well over $100 every fill-up, it adds up
Oh dayum. Well, we can keep the fuel efficient models as well for the west coast guys and gals. Hoping prices will come down for you all soon!
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Omegablu, Darrel

May 09, 2022

Seriously, if they came out with a hybrid model, I'd be all over it. My daily commute to work is 20 miles each way - would be perfect for EV range - and we have free charging stations in the employee parking lot. currently, 40 miles round trip at 15 mpg or so - close to 3 gallons a day, about $15-17 in gas per day to drive to/from work.. that would be a nice savings.
TEEDEE, Mandogus

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 09, 2022

Seriously, if they came out with a hybrid model, I'd be all over it. My daily commute to work is 20 miles each way - would be perfect for EV range - and we have free charging stations in the employee parking lot. currently, 40 miles round trip at 15 mpg or so - close to 3 gallons a day, about $15-17 in gas per day to drive to/from work.. that would be a nice savings.
Umm, wonder if the government could hook up National Forest and BLM with some charging stations on their trails.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Calgecko

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 09, 2022

Just FYI, the back up camera is required by law. Safety issue to stop little kids from being killed.
Just more nannies that cost us because people can't take responsibility for themselves, they have to dump it on others.
EvlNvrDys, Speed Devil

Rank II

May 09, 2022

There are some sweet ‘69s and ‘70s for sale (my favorite 1st gen years). But they cost a pretty penny!!!
obx•4dr•cactus gray•sas
my ‘mall crawler’ that annoys some of you…16 yrs driving minivans and 3-row suvs, hate away!
Deano Bronc, Speed Devil

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 09, 2022

There are some sweet ‘69s and ‘70s for sale (my favorite 1st gen years). But they cost a pretty penny!!!
These have been a pretty penny for a long time now. That's why we went with AMC CJ7 in the early 80's. But, those basically turned to :poop:. So, new Bronco for me. I'm do consider myself very lucky to have mine - I don't understand why. But, still really long for a 1st Gen, but I will never have that kind of money.
Speed Devil

May 09, 2022

Just more nannies that cost us because people can't take responsibility for themselves, they have to dump it on others.

imagine if we removed the warning labels from everything…
Bronco V-8

Rank II

May 09, 2022

1st gen is definitely on my life bucket list. When I get my ‘22 (hopefully!!!), i May be as obsessed, but glad to have my Bronco dream finally fulfilled!!!
obx•4dr•cactus gray•sas
my ‘mall crawler’ that annoys some of you…16 yrs driving minivans and 3-row suvs, hate away!