Main 1st mods

Broncy_OBX
Jun 29, 2022

Gotta just go for it

Jun 29, 2022

Now that I finally got my build week I am getting more excited to start looking for mods and accessories. What did you guys find to be the more important first mods? My build is the OBX, leather, high, SAS. I'm thinking I really want/need the mud flaps so I don't destroy the paint so early.
PhoenixTheBronco OBX, Leather, SAS, High. Blend 8/15, Online 8/26, Built ???, Shipped 11/2, Picked up 11/18
Big Papa, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2022

Rank III

Jun 29, 2022

I definitely would say mud flaps, leaving the dealer I hear like 3 rocks fling and hit my bronco. Went home and immediately ordered some lol
Big Papa, Marmot

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 29, 2022

My first ones that I will install are intended to stop scratches like door sill protectors, screen protector and the front mud flaps.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Big Papa, Marmot

Trusted and Carefree

Jun 29, 2022

+1 on mudflaps. After that it depends how you are going to use it. My first weekend list is Radio-Antenna, followed by side steps (probably the z-roads ones) so the kiddos can get in the truck without me having to pick them up.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
mluntoho, Darrel

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

I couldn’t pick 1 first main mod. I picked a bunch. I started buying accessories after I got my production week email nearly 2 months ago. My Bronco was built on 06/08. I have no clue when it will ever get here - neither does Ford - but that’s not stopping me from buying stuff. LOL

Axle back exhaust (Flowmaster Flow FX)
Tailgate reinforcement plate (Rough Country)
Vinyl stripe kit (Under Ground Graphics)
Pinch Weld Covers (JCR Off-road)
VOFONO Short Antenna (Amazon)
Redline Hood Struts (Amazon)
Bronco 1966 script emblems (Amazon)
Autobots Shackles (Amazon)
Hobgoblin, Broncy_OBX

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

My first ones that I will install are intended to stop scratches like door sill protectors, screen protector and the front mud flaps.

I keep looking at mud flaps but I have 2 problems:

1. Mine is a Wildtrak (SAS)
2. It has step bars.

There’s not many good options that can be had without modifying the step bars. I don’t want to cut them or move them even though I know it’s not difficult to do. I prefer to leave the bars stock.
Broncy_OBX

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

Mud flaps as you said is a good idea. I would also suggest Screen protector as the screen scratches pretty easily with micro swirls when it gets dirty from top and door off. I got the anti glare protector and it worked great
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
CBWAR1, JoergH

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 29, 2022

I keep looking at mud flaps but I have 2 problems:

1. Mine is a Wildtrak (SAS)
2. It has step bars.

There’s not many good options that can be had without modifying the step bars. I don’t want to cut them or move them even though I know it’s not difficult to do. I prefer to leave the bars stock.
I have the Rokblokz which is supposed to work with the rock rails but not sure about the step bars. Also, Mabbett has just come out with a set that looks pretty good. Not sure how they mount and I'm not sure if they are easily removable -
I don't like the look of flaps at all but I hate the side stone chips even more. Plus the snow and mud that flings back on your door handles.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Cornwelltoolman, Darrel

Gotta just go for it

Jun 29, 2022

+1 on mudflaps. After that it depends how you are going to use it. My first weekend list is Radio-Antenna, followed by side steps (probably the z-roads ones) so the kiddos can get in the truck without me having to pick them up.
Yes, definitely mud flaps, I am looking at steps too, I like the slide rock auto ones but my husband has the AMP and those are nice too, I’ll have to check out the z-roads ones.
PhoenixTheBronco OBX, Leather, SAS, High. Blend 8/15, Online 8/26, Built ???, Shipped 11/2, Picked up 11/18
Hudman316, Mal

Gotta just go for it

Jun 29, 2022

I have the Rokblokz which is supposed to work with the rock rails but not sure about the step bars. Also, Mabbett has just come out with a set that looks pretty good. Not sure how they mount and I'm not sure if they are easily removable -
I don't like the look of flaps at all but I hate the side stone chips even more. Plus the snow and mud that flings back on your door handles.
My husband just got the Rocblokz for his ram and they are really nice, but the Bro co ones are almost double the price. But would rather pay then have to fix the chips.
Cornwelltoolman, Hudman316

Rank V

Jun 29, 2022

Hi Guys!! Don't forget one of the first and best mods you should buy for your bronco is a Sprint Booster throttle controller.

Sprint booster eliminates delay in your gas pedal, reduces turbo lag, better and cheaper than the competition, has valet mode built in, secures against auto theft with its built in digital pedal lock security system that's great for long hikes or parking downtown, easy DIY install, zero maintenance, works with or without controller, ships super fast and free, you can turn it OFF even after it has been installed, it does NOT add any extra peak horsepower, can be removed without any trace and most importantly based on the latter three reasons sprint booster won't void your factory warranty.

All of our customers love how it transforms their broncos throttle response from dull and delayed to crisp and responsive!!

See videos and other bronco owner reviews in our Bronco Nation link below where you can learn more about this top shelf mod.

We also added our purchase link below if you want to buy one from NT Auto for your bronco for less than anywhere else. If you can find it for less we will beat the price! :)

Sprint Booster Purchase Link:
https://ntautomotive.thrivecart.com/sprint-booster-v3-performance-security/
Sprint Booster Thread:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...security-performance-wont-void-warranty.9080/
Ps-one pic below is from one of our old B6G customers provided after he installed his controller using some creative design. Sadly we aren't on B6G anymore but we sure miss the entire B6G community

Tiffany
NT Automotive
Est. 1992

Attachments

2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Shoresy

I want to go back!

Jun 29, 2022

Are you getting the soft top? I just purchased the IAG soft top struts to help close the top. I find myself opening and closing the soft top all the time (dang Nebraska weather) and I need just a little more help so I don’t scratch the paint.

100% the OEM SAS tires throw rocks like crazy and mudflaps are a must have.
RETmed14!, Cornwelltoolman

Road trip!!!

Jun 29, 2022

Yes, definitely mud flaps, I am looking at steps too, I like the slide rock auto ones but my husband has the AMP and those are nice too, I’ll have to check out the z-roads ones.
Get yourself some Bartact grab handles. They make getting in and out of the bronco much easier and they are great to hang onto while wheeling.
CF651A4E-F7F2-4E01-B6E6-A81510546F11.jpeg

I have the ZRoadZ rails on my bronco. (y)
03424B86-FC57-4B4C-8602-DE058B470BDC.jpeg5B5BEED3-4322-4494-87E6-8B9D8B091D43.jpeg
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
CBWAR1, Big Papa

I want to go back!

Jun 29, 2022

Get yourself some Bartact grab handles. They make getting in and out of the bronco much easier and they are great to hang onto while wheeling.
View attachment 38754

I have the ZRoadZ rails on my bronco. (y)
View attachment 38752View attachment 38753
I’m kicking myself for getting blue Bartact handles to match the velocity blue instead of the orange ones to match the Badlands accent color. Why can’t I have all the things?!?
Pegasus65, Big Papa

Road trip!!!

Jun 29, 2022

I’m kicking myself for getting blue Bartact handles to match the velocity blue instead of the orange ones to match the Badlands accent color. Why can’t I have all the things?!?
The Dozer Yellow ones make the Badlands interior POP!!! These handles are cheap and one of my favorite add ons.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Broncy_OBX, Hobgoblin

Trusted and Carefree

Jun 29, 2022

The Dozer Yellow ones make the Badlands interior POP!!! These handles are cheap and one of my favorite add ons.
I have a set waiting in the garage for the truck to arrive- I got Khaki and black to match the WT interior. Sure hope they dont change that color combo for MY23
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Broncy_OBX, SlashRacer

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jun 29, 2022

Without a doubt, mud flaps. Protect your paint...
Broncy_OBX

Jun 30, 2022

I know about a cool table…

Mentioned it in another thread on here…
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Broncy_OBX

Rank VI

Jun 30, 2022

I have a long list of items where I have just started to slim down into first things and longer term items. Here are some of them.

Quick List:
1. Bartact grab handles in Dozer Yellow to match Badlands (Perviously noted by @SlashRacer)
2. BJD soft top window bag to hold all the windows when they are removed from the rear.
3. Slipstream security enclosure for rear of Bronco by Diabolical Inc
4. BYOD attachment. Maker to be determined.
5. IAG hood and soft top struts.
6. JCR Consul molle panel, rock sliders, tube doors, and maybe more
7. Baja Designs lighting
8. ARB front and rear bumpers
DaddyMac, T2D_Gaming

Gotta just go for it

Jun 30, 2022

Are you getting the soft top? I just purchased the IAG soft top struts to help close the top. I find myself opening and closing the soft top all the time (dang Nebraska weather) and I need just a little more help so I don’t scratch the paint.

100% the OEM SAS tires throw rocks like crazy and mudflaps are a must have.
Oh yes, I would like those too. I think for sure I’d need them.