M2M Front Passenger Side Center Console MOLLE Panel

Mountains2Metal
Feb 18, 2022

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

Threw this on the passenger side of the Bronco's center console today. Install took about 5-10 minutes and didn't require any drilling. It matches the Mountains2Metal front door panel pockets nicely and adds some extra space for customizing. Overall I'm pretty happy with it and everyone I've shown seemed to like it.

Attachments

Ditchrunner, DRWright
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2022

Rank V

Feb 18, 2022

I ordered the D from arch racing. I wonder if this will fit with that
2022 Badlands / 4dr / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Soft Top / Velocity Blue / Lux / HD Bumper / Engine Block Heater / Keypad

Rank III

Feb 18, 2022

That's pretty sweet!
Brian Friend - Colorado Springs/Aguilar Colorado www.JustRoofsandGutters.com
2 Dr, 21 Bronco, 2.7ltr, Badlands Sas w Lux
Mountains2Metal

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

I ordered the D from arch racing. I wonder if this will fit with that
Honestly, I am not sure. It depends on how close the geometry is to the stock handle.

Rank IV

Mar 30, 2022

Does the seat rub against the panel?

Rank IV

Mar 30, 2022

Threw this on the passenger side of the Bronco's center console today. Install took about 5-10 minutes and didn't require any drilling. It matches the Mountains2Metal front door panel pockets nicely and adds some extra space for customizing. Overall I'm pretty happy with it and everyone I've shown seemed to like it.

That's awesome. Quick question because it's hard to tell from your photo - How much room is in-between the metal and and the actual console? Will a button from a molle pouch fit through?
thgdfathr

Rank IV

Mar 30, 2022

That's awesome. Quick question because it's hard to tell from your photo - How much room is in-between the metal and and the actual console? Will a button from a molle pouch fit through?
You have roughly +/- 3/8" throughout. At the bottom, it does get closer since it hooks to the bottom of the plastic panel. If you can't get a button through, the whole assembly can be removed in a couple minutes. That makes it much easier to mount more permanent options.
20220330_083852.jpg
14U, firstsnow33

Rank IV

Mar 30, 2022

You have roughly +/- 3/8" throughout. At the bottom, it does get closer since it hooks to the bottom of the plastic panel. If you can't get a button through, the whole assembly can be removed in a couple minutes. That makes it much easier to mount more permanent options.
View attachment 32737

Awesome! Thank you for the reference pic. I might place an order today.
DRWright

Rank III

Apr 08, 2022

Can you send a link to the item and site? I want to do the exact same set up.

Rank V

Apr 08, 2022

I ordered one and it shipped the same day.

https://mountains2metal.com/product/center-console-molle/
Shadow Black 4DR Wildtrak, Soft top, Lux, Leather, Upgraded bumper/bash plates, Tube step, No-Tow.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Apr 30, 2022

Ordered! Looking forward to receiving and installing
Mountains2Metal

Rank VI

Apr 30, 2022

That is a very well thought out accessory. Just added to my list of things to buy once I get my Bronco.
Mountains2Metal

Rank 0

May 28, 2022

I received my molle panel from M2M. Very disappointed. The panel holes aren’t quite right to lineup in the front. Makes the panel buckle a little bit. since the hole in the front was slightly misaligned it also made the screw impossible to seat. The screws were very difficult to seat fully in the front location (where you remove the factory 7 mm bolt). They should’ve also given you longer screws to go in to the grab handle location. I had to go to Home Depot to buy better hardware as the Allen screw that they provided began to strip since the fit was so poor with the panel. I replaced it with a proper hex bolt. I had to use pliers to back the Allen head out since it had stripped. And yes - I am very competent mechanic and I did not strip or cross thread the bolt. It’s just a poor fit.
Speaking of the grab handle location, when you screw the molle panel in and tighten it down, the panel is thin gauge - thin enough sheet metal that the panel actually bends in around the bolt heads. Admittedly I screwed them in tight, but since it’s a grab handle you need to.
Lastly, when I received mine there were some chips in the finish. I had to get a black textured paint to touch it up before putting it into the bronco.
Bottom line, not thrilled with the purchase.
22 Badlands SAS Lux Hot Pepper

Rank IV

May 28, 2022

I received my molle panel from M2M. Very disappointed. The panel holes aren’t quite right to lineup in the front. Makes the panel buckle a little bit. since the hole in the front was slightly misaligned it also made the screw impossible to seat. The screws were very difficult to seat fully in the front location (where you remove the factory 7 mm bolt). They should’ve also given you longer screws to go in to the grab handle location. I had to go to Home Depot to buy better hardware as the Allen screw that they provided began to strip since the fit was so poor with the panel. I replaced it with a proper hex bolt. I had to use pliers to back the Allen head out since it had stripped. And yes - I am very competent mechanic and I did not strip or cross thread the bolt. It’s just a poor fit.
Speaking of the grab handle location, when you screw the molle panel in and tighten it down, the panel is thin gauge - thin enough sheet metal that the panel actually bends in around the bolt heads. Admittedly I screwed them in tight, but since it’s a grab handle you need to.
Lastly, when I received mine there were some chips in the finish. I had to get a black textured paint to touch it up before putting it into the bronco.
Bottom line, not thrilled with the purchase.
This is the first issue we've heard with the screw we provided with the Center Console MOLLE. We provided a screw that was long enough to put in with the provided spacer. As far as the screws for the grab handle go, we worked with one customer on an issue. After measuring and comparing "Bronco" bolts, we found that his Bronco had the wrong screws put on his grab handle. The correct "Bronco" bolts were on his passenger side grab handle. He switched them and the Center Console MOLLE and his grab handle were on there very tight. When everything is installed correctly, the part should hook in place at the bottom and all holes will line up. The hole near the footwear is slightly slotted to make install easier.

For the paint. All of these parts are inspected several times during the fabrication process. I'm not sure if this was damaged during shipping and the paint was scratched. We would have gladly replaced this.