Looking for Off-Rodeo Information From People Who Have Attended

Bronco_Girl
Sep 26, 2021

Rank VI

Sep 26, 2021

I'm confused about some of the Off-Rodeo information. :eek: Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

1. When I tried to sign-up, it only had one-day events listed. I want to spread it out over the two days as it used to be. I have no desire to go from 7:00 AM to late evening. Especially since it will be in a different time zone and that time zone is 1-3 hours ahead of what I am used to. Are the two day events just filled-up, or have they done away with them??
  2. Since none of the four locations are close to me, I have to fly. Which means I can attend any of them really. Which location has a two door model, a manual model, and a BL model? It seems none of them offer this.
  3. I can't seem to figure out what the trail is like between the four locations. I want to go to the one that has the hardest, toughest, and the most extreme off-roading trail.
  4. Does one location have better instructors than the others?
  5. It appears that once you get a vehicle, you are stuck in that one vehicle the entire time, correct?? I am hoping not as I want to try different models. I am seeing where some people got stuck in vehicles they didn't want to test drive.
  6. When I called them, I was told it was $200. When I tried to register, they wanted a lot more money. How much did you pay?
  7. Which one has the best hotel/lodgings?
THX!
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2021

Life is a Highway

Sep 26, 2021

I'm confused about some of the Off-Rodeo information. :eek: Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

1. When I tried to sign-up, it only had one-day events listed. I want to spread it out over the two days as it used to be. I have no desire to go from 7:00 AM to late evening. Especially since it will be in a different time zone and that time zone is 1-3 hours ahead of what I am used to. Are the two day events just filled-up, or have they done away with them??
  2. Since none of the four locations are close to me, I have to fly. Which means I can attend any of them really. Which location has a two door model, a manual model, and a BL model? It seems none of them offer this.
  3. I can't seem to figure out what the trail is like between the four locations. I want to go to the one that has the hardest, toughest, and the most extreme off-roading trail.
  5. It appears that once you get a vehicle, you are stuck in that one vehicle the entire time, correct?? I am hoping not as I want to try different models. I am seeing where some people got stuck in vehicles they didn't want to test drive.
  6. When I called them, I was told it was $200. When I tried to register, they wanted a lot more money. How much did you pay?
THX!
1) They only do one full day now. I believe they did a focus group with the early participants and dealership participants and overwhelmingly people said one full day would be better. Also I personally believe there just wouldn’t be enough days in the year to get all of the eligible people through.
2) if the time zone change is a big deal pick the closest to you. Also take into consideration the time of year you want to go. Some will be more affected by weather than others.
3) I would look at which site most clearly represents the type of off roading you intend on doing. All will be challenging and have some of everything for you to experience. In looking at the various sites I narrowed it down to NV and Moab due to proximity to my home, type of terrain and what I intend to do with it. Ultimately I chose Moab. Personal preference, and you won’t go wrong with any of them. I would check both here and YT for videos and postings from both members and nonmembers. Remember this is to educate the owners on how all the goodies work and all of the basics of safe off roading.
4) from what I have seen the instructors are top notch and several have worked at more than one site.
5)2Dr Broncos are more rare due to constraints. From what I have heard, get there early and hustle to the one you want to drive. Unless you go on a date with minimal attendees you will probably drive the same vehicle.
6) Fees-owner fee deposit$200, guest $413.57, vehicle damage waiver $75. I am not sure exactly regarding what part is refunded. I think $200 is refunded after you get your Bronco. Guest price I believe you get a portion refunded. Not 100% sure. Others here can clarify.
7) all of the sites are different Regarding hotel pricing and accommodations. I am going to Moab and staying at the“host “ hotel. It is expensive. This is not for the faint of heart or wallet.
cindylou, WeakNinja

Rank V

Sep 26, 2021

I am with you on the 1 day thing. I mean I wouldn't have gone if it was 1 long day, not how they have it formatted. It was local for me (Texas), well an hour drive, but still local. Fun event, great to see lots of broncos, but they spent way too much time going over basic off roading for novices.
I sat down with the director and told them specifically they need a more advanced experience and a basic novice introduction. The hard part is getting people to be honest about their personal experience.... People are not honest about what they will truly even use there broncos for.....
Yeah, when I registered, I thought it was free as the emails invitation said, but there was a this deposit that I have no idea if and when it comes back. I really haven't given it much thought, but I guess I have a few different deposits for a vehicle I have no idea when I might see it and if these will ever be refunded or rolled into the initial cost.
I probably would have spent more time at the site if I didn't have a baby girl that mornings and evenings are family time. I might have also taken wifey if I understood how it was set up, but again this would have required us driving two vehicles as one of us would have to get baby from daycare in the evening.
Most instructors started at Texas and then many moved to other places to help set up and train others at new sites. Generally speaking you have people with loads of off road experience and then you have people with far less personal experience but they know the courses and the vehicles and have been doing this 5-6 days a week. Worker bees.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
WeakNinja, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Sep 26, 2021

THX!

1) No option for a two day event. Ours went from 830 to 6ish and then dinner is afterwards.

2) I went to Moab a couple days ago. It had all 4 door automatics. To me, there is no point in trying to find your specific model because even if they did have one, you probably won't get it. It was a random grab but no one in our group seemed to care other than one guy that got stuck in an outer banks that ordered a first edition. After an hour on the trail, he could care less.

3) In Moab O.R. you are actually on a off-road trail as compared to the other locations being built for the event. Our instructor said the trail was rated a 4/10 in difficulty but would probably be higher if the obstacles were packed in closer together. The trail is about 30 mile loop and has about every type of terrain. I chose this one because being on the east coast, Im not sure when I would have a chance to rock crawl in Moab again.

4) Can't speak for all of them but Jason at Moab was awesome and takes your level of experience into account when going over equipment and obstacles. Pro tip: if you want more expert advice, jump in the first or last vehicle. The instructors ride along in the front or back to keep and eye on the group. At first I was glad it was myself and guest alone in our bronco. Towards the end I wished we had jumped in the front bronco.

5) Like picking up a rental, you go over your bronco at the beginning and end to assess any serious damage so I can't imagine them letting you swap. Plus most everyone had their gear in the backseat. That being said as people go through the challenges, everyone checks out each other's rides as they all have different options/colors.

6) I think the total was $700ish but that is taxes/fees, your cost (which gets refunded after delivery) a guest fee, and a $75 damage waiver. If you got a $250 email voucher last March, you can also apply it to the guest cost or towards merch. I was told I'll be refunded that $250 in a couple weeks after the offroadeo. This also includes lunch, dinner, snacks. It also includes breakfast at the lodge if you stay the night there.

7) Red Cliff Lodge for Moab was awesome. It is a cowboys heaven so fits in with offroadeo theme. It has stables right by the lodge and offers plenty of activities. And the views were amazing. It's about 20 minutes from Moab. It is pricey which is why we only stayed the night before. We wanted to wake up and be there already. That being said, we wished we had booked for both nights but they were fully booked the next day. If you do stay, make sure to call so they apply the offroadeo discount. The website won't do it.

Hope that helps
20210924_153203.jpg
4door4family, HerBronco

Life is a Highway

Sep 26, 2021

Excellent input!
Zacharyjones64

Rank V

Sep 26, 2021

1) No option for a two day event. Ours went from 830 to 6ish and then dinner is afterwards.

2) I went to Moab a couple days ago. It had all 4 door automatics. To me, there is no point in trying to find your specific model because even if they did have one, you probably won't get it. It was a random grab but no one in our group seemed to care other than one guy that got stuck in an outer banks that ordered a first edition. After an hour on the trail, he could care less.

3) In Moab O.R. you are actually on a off-road trail as compared to the other locations being built for the event. Our instructor said the trail was rated a 4/10 in difficulty but would probably be higher if the obstacles were packed in closer together. The trail is about 30 mile loop and has about every type of terrain. I chose this one because being on the east coast, Im not sure when I would have a chance to rock crawl in Moab again.

4) Can't speak for all of them but Jason at Moab was awesome and takes your level of experience into account when going over equipment and obstacles. Pro tip: if you want more expert advice, jump in the first or last vehicle. The instructors ride along in the front or back to keep and eye on the group. At first I was glad it was myself and guest alone in our bronco. Towards the end I wished we had jumped in the front bronco.

5) Like picking up a rental, you go over your bronco at the beginning and end to assess any serious damage so I can't imagine them letting you swap. Plus most everyone had their gear in the backseat. That being said as people go through the challenges, everyone checks out each other's rides as they all have different options/colors.

6) I think the total was $700ish but that is taxes/fees, your cost (which gets refunded after delivery) a guest fee, and a $75 damage waiver. If you got a $250 email voucher last March, you can also apply it to the guest cost or towards merch. I was told I'll be refunded that $250 in a couple weeks after the offroadeo. This also includes lunch, dinner, snacks. It also includes breakfast at the lodge if you stay the night there.

7) Red Cliff Lodge for Moab was awesome. It is a cowboys heaven so fits in with offroadeo theme. It has stables right by the lodge and offers plenty of activities. And the views were amazing. It's about 20 minutes from Moab. It is pricey which is why we only stayed the night before. We wanted to wake up and be there already. That being said, we wished we had booked for both nights but they were fully booked the next day. If you do stay, make sure to call so they apply the offroadeo discount. The website won't do it.

Hope that helps
View attachment 18762
Can you explain this photo? Do they put all drivers into this predicament with one wheel going up like that, and coach them through (assuming that is one of the instructors standing on the left). I would love for this to happen to me in a controlled situation with a coach, that's great learning!
Crysled84, Bronco_Girl

Rank 0

Sep 26, 2021

Can you explain this photo? Do they put all drivers into this predicament with one wheel going up like that, and coach them through (assuming that is one of the instructors standing on the left). I would love for this to happen to me in a controlled situation with a coach, that's great learning!
I went to Moab too. That’s just one of the obstacles. I actually hit it going too fast…scared the crap out of me but the Bronco handled it no problem.
MMBeer, cindylou

Rank V

Sep 26, 2021

Yes you nailed it. Along the trail there are certain obstacles where the instructor would jump out and each bronco would go through and he would guide you and give you advice. He started the day by saying he wants to get us stuck, and for us to figure out how to get out.

The other nice thing is they highlight all of the features available. When it's all said and done you have a great understanding of all of the tech available.
WeakNinja, Bronco_Girl

Rank 0

Sep 26, 2021

Here’s a couple pics from Moab. And stay at Red cliffs lodge the night before and night of…you won’t regret a thing!46F3BCB7-E0F5-4DD0-8EB4-CD41D4342807.jpeg600E062C-E23F-4665-A919-6649B994F113.jpeg901F2282-A6B8-45C0-833C-266C1B20D97B.jpeg

Attachments

WeakNinja, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Sep 26, 2021

Here's a video of one of the broncos going through from that day.
iowatrailryder, mcbowman90

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 26, 2021

Here's a video of one of the broncos going through from that day.
Not so sure I'm going to like that feeling. :LOL:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronco_Girl, KennyMac

Rank V

Sep 27, 2021

Here's what I paid. A little over a week later, I got the email that $250 of my guest fee was being refunded. Whatever the criteria was for that credit, I got the email a while back, and Ford kept their word. You just don't get it till after you pay and attend. More of a rebate than a credit. The $200 owner fee is refunded when you take delivery of the Bronco. So when the dust settles, less than $200 for my wife and I to attend, that's a hell of a deal!

Attachments

7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
WeakNinja, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

Hope that helps
View attachment 18762
Yes that was a huge help, ty!!

" In Moab O.R. you are actually on a off-road trail as compared to the other locations being built for the event."

I didn't know that. Looks like Moab is for me.
Slownstddy

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

Here's what I paid. A little over a week later, I got the email that $250 of my guest fee was being refunded. Whatever the criteria was for that credit, I got the email a while back, and Ford kept their word. You just don't get it till after you pay and attend. More of a rebate than a credit. The $200 owner fee is refunded when you take delivery of the Bronco. So when the dust settles, less than $200 for my wife and I to attend, that's a hell of a deal!
wow yeah that is!

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

1) They only do one full day now. I believe they did a focus group with the early participants and dealership participants and overwhelmingly people said one full day would be better. Also I personally believe there just wouldn’t be enough days in the year to get all of the eligible people through.
2) if the time zone change is a big deal pick the closest to you. Also take into consideration the time of year you want to go. Some will be more affected by weather than others.
3) I would look at which site most clearly represents the type of off roading you intend on doing. All will be challenging and have some of everything for you to experience. In looking at the various sites I narrowed it down to NV and Moab due to proximity to my home, type of terrain and what I intend to do with it. Ultimately I chose Moab. Personal preference, and you won’t go wrong with any of them. I would check both here and YT for videos and postings from both members and nonmembers. Remember this is to educate the owners on how all the goodies work and all of the basics of safe off roading.
4) from what I have seen the instructors are top notch and several have worked at more than one site.
5)2Dr Broncos are more rare due to constraints. From what I have heard, get there early and hustle to the one you want to drive. Unless you go on a date with minimal attendees you will probably drive the same vehicle.
6) Fees-owner fee deposit$200, guest $413.57, vehicle damage waiver $75. I am not sure exactly regarding what part is refunded. I think $200 is refunded after you get your Bronco. Guest price I believe you get a portion refunded. Not 100% sure. Others here can clarify.
7) all of the sites are different Regarding hotel pricing and accommodations. I am going to Moab and staying at the“host “ hotel. It is expensive. This is not for the faint of heart or wallet.
"From what I have heard, get there early and hustle to the one you want to drive."

ok ty!

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

Here’s a couple pics from Moab. And stay at Red cliffs lodge the night before and night of…you won’t regret a thing!View attachment 18776View attachment 18778View attachment 18777
Stunning...me like :cool:
KennyMac

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

I am with you on the 1 day thing. I mean I wouldn't have gone if it was 1 long day, not how they have it formatted. It was local for me (Texas), well an hour drive, but still local. Fun event, great to see lots of broncos, but they spent way too much time going over basic off roading for novices.
I sat down with the director and told them specifically they need a more advanced experience and a basic novice introduction. The hard part is getting people to be honest about their personal experience.... People are not honest about what they will truly even use there broncos for.....
Yeah, when I registered, I thought it was free as the emails invitation said, but there was a this deposit that I have no idea if and when it comes back. I really haven't given it much thought, but I guess I have a few different deposits for a vehicle I have no idea when I might see it and if these will ever be refunded or rolled into the initial cost.
I probably would have spent more time at the site if I didn't have a baby girl that mornings and evenings are family time. I might have also taken wifey if I understood how it was set up, but again this would have required us driving two vehicles as one of us would have to get baby from daycare in the evening.
Most instructors started at Texas and then many moved to other places to help set up and train others at new sites. Generally speaking you have people with loads of off road experience and then you have people with far less personal experience but they know the courses and the vehicles and have been doing this 5-6 days a week. Worker bees.
Great info! ty

Rank VI

Sep 27, 2021

Thanks everyone!! :giggle: Your info helped me decide.

I decided to do it and go to Moab and stay at the hotel there. :p
CaliKAP, Smahones

Rank V

Sep 27, 2021

Great choice (y) I'm going to do a photo/vid dump here in a while so people can see a bit more of it.
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Rank III

Sep 30, 2021

At the Austin Off Rodeo, if you stay at the Hampton in Marble Falls, is there a shuttle to the Off-Rodeo site or how do you get there?
'22 2DR Wildtrack Eruption Green, Lux, Brush Bar, Roof Rack, Tow
Bronco_Girl