Lighting write up!

Johnperrion
Apr 30, 2021

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

Lighting write up is all done!
I had some guy try to be Voldemort to me in another thread and it got me thinking... Some people are idiots. No matter what you do, the idiots are always gonna idiot, and then in the midst of their idiotin' they are just going to try to turn it around and blame you. So with that being said...
DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR BRONCO! Seriously.
I did it to MY Bronco. Cause Buck is mine and I can do whatever the hell I want. Just like you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with yours.
If when you are doing whatever the hell you are doing you do something wrong, don't come sniffing round here with a bunch of blame and hate. I took my time to research what I did, and I wasn't confident in what I did. AT ALL.
Until I pushed the button on my controller to turn on the lights I was filled with so much anxiety, this was a really intimidating task to me.
But ya know what? It worked! It freaking worked and its bad ass and I'm super proud of it and myself and I want you to feel the same way! So take a look, and if you need help, reach out! I will do what I can, answer what I can, and help ya try to find an answer if I don't know!

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
Follow our continuing adventures on Instagram at Buck_N_Penny !
D190065, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 30, 2021

That baby is gonna light up like Clark's house in Christmas Vacation! Good job!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Slownstddy, 14U

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

That baby is gonna light up like Clark's house in Christmas Vacation! Good job!
Hey thanks!! I pretty dang proud of it. It was a lot of work for me. ha ha
Slownstddy, 14U

Life is a Highway

Apr 30, 2021

Hey thanks!! I pretty dang proud of it. It was a lot of work for me. ha ha
How hard was concealing all those wires?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 30, 2021

That anxiety hits us all at some point! My first time was doing my spark plugs -- so worried I'd get the wires wrong, ha! Glad you had no issues, John; nice documentation of the process in images.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Slownstddy, SlashRacer

Gladesmen

Apr 30, 2021

Buck is looking good. I’m glad it all worked out for you. Now go out there and light up some trails.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, 14U

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

I had some guy try to be Voldemort to me in another thread and it got me thinking... Some people are idiots. No matter what you do, the idiots are always gonna idiot, and then in the midst of their idiotin' they are just going to try to turn it around and blame you. So with that being said...
I did it to MY Bronco. Cause Buck is mine and I can do whatever the hell I want. Just like you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with yours.
If when you are doing whatever the hell you are doing you do something wrong, don't come sniffing round here with a bunch of blame and hate. I took my time to research what I did, and I wasn't confident in what I did. AT ALL.
Until I pushed the button on my controller to turn on the lights I was filled with so much anxiety, this was a really intimidating task to me.
But ya know what? It worked! It freaking worked and its bad ass and I'm super proud of it and myself and I want you to feel the same way! So take a look, and if you need help, reach out! I will do what I can, answer what I can, and help ya try to find an answer if I don't know!

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
People are @ssholes. You do you! I like what you did
TK1215, 14U

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

How hard was concealing all those wires?

Pretty easy, just run extra wire so you always a little slack in the line and spend $5 on this and hide it in there. :)

IMG_3571[1].JPG
14U, SlashRacer

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

That anxiety hits us all at some point! My first time was doing my spark plugs -- so worried I'd get the wires wrong, ha! Glad you had no issues, John; nice documentation of the process in images.
Hey thanks! It was fun doing it!
Ya know, I am driving Buck across the country starting next week and documenting that too. So maybe keep your eyes open for that. Me and Penny would love a Bronco Nation shout out along the ride!
Slownstddy, TK1215

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

Buck is looking good. I’m glad it all worked out for you. Now go out there and light up some trails.
Plan on hitting the Pacific to the Atlantic during the month of May!
So
Much
Excite!
Slownstddy, TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 30, 2021

Hey thanks! It was fun doing it!
Ya know, I am driving Buck across the country starting next week and documenting that too. So maybe keep your eyes open for that. Me and Penny would love a Bronco Nation shout out along the ride!
For sure! This sounds like the start of some epic content!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Slownstddy, TK1215

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

For sure! This sounds like the start of some epic content!
Doing everything I can to find a videographer on my limited budget to have a second shooter. The universe will light the way if its meant to be.
I mean like, there has to be some adventurous video pro who has free time in their schedule and wants to get paid to have me drive them around the country in Buck while they shoot it right? lololol
Otherwise I'll just guerrilla shoot it and it'll be basic, but the message will still resonate!
Slownstddy, TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 30, 2021

Doing everything I can to find a videographer on my limited budget to have a second shooter. The universe will light the way if its meant to be.
Otherwise I'll just guerrilla shoot it and it'll be basic, but the message will still resonate!
"Basic" is cool! I hope you post it all for us to share in and enjoy.
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

"Basic" is cool! I hope you post it all for us to share in and enjoy.
Just follow us on Insta! The link is in the signature :)
Thanks for your support!!!
Slownstddy, TK1215

Rank IV

May 06, 2021

Looks fantastic, good job! Two questions...first, do the hood mounted lights interfere with opening the hood and second for the light bar on the front, did you take the front-end off or find a path to run the wires?
TK1215, 14U

Rank IV

May 07, 2021

Looks fantastic, good job! Two questions...first, do the hood mounted lights interfere with opening the hood and second for the light bar on the front, did you take the front-end off or find a path to run the wires?
Hey!
I did take the front bumper off... I think if you used a straightened out wire hanger, or what I believe is commonly called a fishing hook/tool you could finagle them through there without having to take it off.
Pic of hood clearance. :)IMG_4315[1].JPG
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank IV

May 07, 2021

Thanks for the reply! That's the plan...I'm thinking I should be able to run them through without having to drop the front. Fingers crossed! Lol
TK1215, Johnperrion

Rank V

May 09, 2021

People are @ssholes. You do you! I like what you did
Try doing YouTube. The A$$h@les come of quick. Even with rude comments to my wife knowing she was recovering from cancer.... hmm... we just ignore and block there commenting from that point on. Youtubers can't defend themselves, for what they say can get there channel deleted, and all the hard work lost. the aholes just make a dff account and start trolling again.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
TK1215, Johnperrion

Rank IV

May 09, 2021

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
Looks awesome! “Idiotin”. I love it
TK1215, Johnperrion

Member 2541 Jerry

May 09, 2021

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
Hey JOHN !!!
Go Get em Buddy !!!
I saw that post where you were pounced upon.
Nobody cares more about “Your” Bronco than “YOU” .
Obviously you prefer to do it right, and do it yourself Instead of just throwing cash out to some big money grabbing company.
I will be doing most all of my own modifications as well.
A******s is right. But “Most” here are supportive.
I’ve seen land rovers com back from high end installers and was amazed at what they did...
Oh !!! They did that cause it was easier !!!
High dollar hack jobs !
And the wealthy are none the wiser.
Enjoy!!!
And if you cruise down Tulsa way...
Give me a shout.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
TK1215, Johnperrion