Lifted demons

Slownstddy
Jul 11, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

I was remembering my high school days in the 80's the other day and thought about all the poeple who went out and bought toyota 4 runners and pick ups. Then they put 6" lifts and 37" tires. They looked so cool i remember thinking. But then they had issues with weight distribution and bieng top heavy and were layed over pretty easily. I know the 1st and 2nd gen broncos were pretty stable but im curious with the new Bronco, will the weight difference in engine size and body materials play a roll in stability when lifted. I'd hate for anyone to get injured or lose thier bronco because of the same mistakes that toyota made. Be safe out there.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Steve777468, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

I too remember those days and loved the lifted Toys! Had a buddy with one on 44s, seemed so cool then but looking back was way overboard. Also loved Marty McFly's all black Toyota 4x4 (85?) in Back to the Future! :cool:

Something to certainly consider, especially if going bigger than stock with 37s or larger. It seems like Ford has engineered the Bronc pretty good and in stock form performs well in off camber situations though. (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Steve777468, Deano Bronc