Rear Window leak

SuperMike
Jan 18, 2023

Rank V

Jan 18, 2023

Welp, first issue... it rained SUPER hard here the other day and when I opened my rear tailgate, I noticed it was all wet... and the carpet was a little wet... and then I flipped open the window/hatch and water started pouring out of the bottom and the wiper housing. 😣

I need to take it in for an oil change soon (currently at 2k miles), so I guess I'll have the dealer check it out. But has anyone else had this experience? I'm hoping/guessing it's just a weak seal. I noticed it's drooping a little in the middle. It has been that way since I got it, though... it won't stay up.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
GeoBig, BroncoFred
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2023

Rank V

Jan 18, 2023

Welp, first issue... it rained SUPER hard here the other day and when I opened my rear tailgate, I noticed it was all wet... and the carpet was a little wet... and then I flipped open the window/hatch and water started pouring out of the bottom and the wiper housing. 😣

I need to take it in for an oil change soon (currently at 2k miles), so I guess I'll have the dealer check it out. But has anyone else had this experience? I'm hoping/guessing it's just a weak seal. I noticed it's drooping a little in the middle. It has been that way since I got it, though... it won't stay up.

Hi there. This water leak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
GeoBig, BroncoFred

Rank V

Jan 19, 2023

That sucks. Looks like just needs to dry, clean surface with alcohol wipe then apply some glue or similar to the weather stripping. Then masking tape to hold it in place until dry. Maybe that will fix it.

Dealer will either do same OR put a fresh new weather seal in place but I doubt they will prep the surface properly. Keep us posted.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
SuperMike, TK1215

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Jan 19, 2023

I noticed that water is coming in from mine as well. Was a water spot one day then yesterday it was dripping down the inside of the window. Mine is not as bad as yours but I worry that it will get there. No puddles or water in the cargo area. I am taking mine in to the dealership on Friday and can keep you posted on what they find out. 2022 Badlands hardtop.
dmarked00, Laura

Rank V

Jan 19, 2023

Hi there. This water leak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Thank you -- PM sent!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
BroncoFred, dmarked00

Rank 0

Jan 22, 2023

Thank you -- PM sent!
I recently got my 2022 Bronco and I’ve noticed the same issue; seems to be from the gasket on the inside at the top. 🤔
SuperMike

Rank V

Jan 22, 2023

I had the same issue with the seal drooping in the middle. Took it to the dealer and all they did was push it back up and put some lube on it. I have to push it back up in place about once a month. I'm going to have the dealer make another attempt at fixing it next time it goes in for service.

On a side note, once I got Ford involved I was offered a 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty for free! I of course took them up on that.
PSUTE, BroncoFred

Rank V

Jan 23, 2023

I had the same issue with the seal drooping in the middle. Took it to the dealer and all they did was push it back up and put some lube on it. I have to push it back up in place about once a month. I'm going to have the dealer make another attempt at fixing it next time it goes in for service.

On a side note, once I got Ford involved I was offered a 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty for free! I of course took them up on that.

Interesting… that’s exactly what my dealership did (sans the lube). Ford gave me a case number and said someone would reach out in a few business days. Look forward to seeing what solution they might have.
dmarked00

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Jan 23, 2023

I took mine in on Friday and they are replacing the seal on the back window. My seal was not drooping at all, just letting water in.
RoboNC, SuperMike

Rank V

Jan 23, 2023

Well, Ford texted me this morning. They said “we understand it’s resolved.” I said that someone from the dealership had pushed it back up, but I can’t say it’s resolved. They had gotten the same info from the dealership. So they are closing my case and told me to reopen it if I have more issues. So the only way I can truly validate this is to go to a car wash or something, I guess. I’ve pushed it back up a few times (in the past) and it hasn’t stayed put. 😕 Maybe the body shop guy is stronger than me.

They certainly did not offer me any extended warranty or even so much as a coffee mug for my troubles. Lol! I guess I should have @jd4714 advocate for me in the future!
EGBronc, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 23, 2023

Turns out I am still fighting the water leak on my front passenger side. Back at the dealer currently for the 3rd time. Hopefully the last. Best of luck with yours!

Very awesome on that warranty offer, @jd4714 !
22 Badlands | Eruption Green | 4Dr | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | MGV | MIC | Mod Bumper
Ordered
: 11/27/21 | Production: 10/25/22 | Blend: 10/26/22 | Built: 10/26/22 | Shipped: 11/08/22 | Delivered: 11/09/22
Progress pics and full build details can be found in my profile posts.
EGBronc, BroncoFred

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2023

Turns out I am still fighting the water leak on my front passenger side. Back at the dealer currently for the 3rd time. Hopefully the last. Best of luck with yours!

Very awesome on that warranty offer, @jd4714 !
I’ve scheduled my appointment for my local dealer to look at it but I’m already concerned because they’re speaking as of this as not covered under warranty. 😔

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2023

I’m having the same issue, and I’ve made an appointment with my local dealer but I’m concerned they are already stating it may not be covered under warranty.
BroncoFred, SuperMike

Rank V

Jan 23, 2023

I’m having the same issue, and I’ve made an appointment with my local dealer but I’m concerned they are already stating it may not be covered under warranty.

Woah, what? How could something like this NOT be covered under warranty!?
dmarked00, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 23, 2023

It has to be covered under warranty. I would be absolutely shocked if it were not, and I would seek support from Ford if it were turned down as a covered issue.
22 Badlands | Eruption Green | 4Dr | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | MGV | MIC | Mod Bumper
Ordered
: 11/27/21 | Production: 10/25/22 | Blend: 10/26/22 | Built: 10/26/22 | Shipped: 11/08/22 | Delivered: 11/09/22
Progress pics and full build details can be found in my profile posts.
Deano Bronc, EGBronc

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2023

Woah, what? How could something like this NOT be covered under warranty!?
I said the same thing but they didn’t give me a positive feeling that it was covered, “we need to inspect it” basically, when I just got it last week. 🤷🏻‍♂️
SuperMike

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Feb 13, 2023

They replaced the seal on mine and it seems to be holding up and keeping water out! I hope all of you here that are having issues get some resolution soon! It is never fun to deal with issues on a brand new vehicle. I truly believe it is dealership dependent! My dealership has been awesome and quick to resolve any issue I have!
SuperMike

Friendly Neighborhood Sasquatch

Feb 13, 2023

That seal is pretty clearly sagging near the top. It can be pushed back onto the frame easily, and might solve your problem entirely.
SuperMike

Rank 0

Mar 11, 2023

I’ve scheduled my appointment for my local dealer to look at it but I’m already concerned because they’re speaking as of this as not covered under warranty. 😔
Follow up as the gasket was repaired and that resolved the leaking, as none has been observed during a car wash or otherwise. I do have a condensation problem now, and I’ve posted that on here in a different thread.
SuperMike