Options that add time to delivery

GeoBig
Nov 11, 2022

A Zero Forever

Nov 11, 2022

There is a lot online about the specific parts that add months to the delivery of your new Bronco.

I couldn't get my dealer to agree to any of these (he pretended like he didn't hear me), but are the main culprits the tow package, the hard top, and the modular front grill, and/or are there others?

I was considering adding the optional 17" wheels on the Badlands, but probably won't if they too will add months to my order.

Thanks for any confirmation.
2023 4-Door Badlands | V6 | Carbonized Gray Metallic + MIC Hardtop | 334A/Lux + Leather | Tow + 33" Shoes w/Optional Wheels + Capable Bumper
Reserved: 08.02.21 | Ordered: 10.29.22 | Build Week: 03.09.23 | Delivered to Dealership: 03.14.23 | Picked-Up: 03.25.23
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 12, 2022

Difficult to answer that question because it changes from month to month. The three following options have been longstanding issues though:

• Hard top - Ford has only been able to only produce 50-65% of orders with hard tops, and yet the hard top orders are 80%+ of the total mix. Effectively means 1 out of every 3 or 4 hard top orders are automatically disqualified from being built any particular month. (I expect this shortage to continue into 2023.)
  • Lux package - microchip related
  • Tow package - microchip related, though much less of a problem now that it was back in spring 2022.

This past summer there was shortages of the Sasquatch wheels, but as far as I know those shortages have subsided. And right now I know there is a shortage of the standard Bronco Raptor wheels—but doesn't apply in your situation. But I haven't heard anything about the optional Badlands wheels. So I think you are safe.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
BuckYeah, Deano Bronc

A Zero Forever

Nov 12, 2022

Excellent information, thanks!
2023 4-Door Badlands | V6 | Carbonized Gray Metallic + MIC Hardtop | 334A/Lux + Leather | Tow + 33" Shoes w/Optional Wheels + Capable Bumper
Reserved: 08.02.21 | Ordered: 10.29.22 | Build Week: 03.09.23 | Delivered to Dealership: 03.14.23 | Picked-Up: 03.25.23

Rank I

Nov 14, 2022

My dealer kept telling me if I deleted the tow package I could get it much sooner. However I have two trailers with electric brakes. As frustrating as the wait was I'm glad I held out and got exactly what I wanted. One advantage was that I was able to upgrade to Hoss 3.0.
BuckYeah

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 14, 2022

Eads
My dealer kept telling me if I deleted the tow package I could get it much sooner. However I have two trailers with electric brakes. As frustrating as the wait was I'm glad I held out and got exactly what I wanted. One advantage was that I was able to upgrade to Hoss 3.0.

I was in a similar situation, although not by my own doing. Unfortunately I live next to New York, which requires trailer brakes on all trailers above 1000 lbs unladen. (In most of the country it's 3000 lbs GVWR.)

I guesstimated that keeping the tow package on my order delayed my build by 6-7 months... which means that $595 tow package probably cost me an extra $1100 in interest alone thanks to the increase in auto loan rates. In hindsight probably not worth it, I could have done the 7-pin and brake controller aftermarket for well under $1695.

BUT, that's the way it goes when you gamble... sometimes you win, usually you just light money on fire.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Jakob1972, Bronco 202?

Rank IV

Nov 15, 2022

There is a lot online about the specific parts that add months to the delivery of your new Bronco.

I couldn't get my dealer to agree to any of these (he pretended like he didn't hear me), but are the main culprits the tow package, the hard top, and the modular front grill, and/or are there others?

I was considering adding the optional 17" wheels on the Badlands, but probably won't if they too will add months to my order.

Thanks for any confirmation.
Everyone has an opinion. No one knows.

Easy-
If you order what you want, you will get what you want.

If you order what you don’t want, you will get what you don’t want.
Tnbadlands1, frdfan

Rank IV

Nov 15, 2022

I'm so glad I managed to get my hardtop in a reasonable time frame somehow.

I think people can always order a soft top and then buy an aftermarket hardtop, maybe? Would that help people get their bronco faster?
- seatback covers from amazon.com - DIY windshield film from grab-gard.com - grab handles from bartact

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 15, 2022

I dropped the Tow Package when it came time to reorder my Bronco and got scheduled for production four days later. Could be a coincidence.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank IV

Nov 15, 2022

PhillyCat
I'm so glad I managed to get my hardtop in a reasonable time frame somehow.

I think people can always order a soft top and then buy an aftermarket hardtop, maybe? Would that help people get their bronco faster?
They may get it faster and then maybe not.

One thing for sure is any hardtop after delivery is going to cost people many, many, many times the price of the Ford option.
Jakob1972, Bronco 202?

A Zero Forever

Dec 21, 2022

Just confirmed today that the Lux/334A package does add delivery time (and that switching to the High/333A would get me my Bronco sooner). Also confirmed that the optional $995 beadlock-capable wheels (Badlands, et al.) DO NOT add delivery time above and beyond the stock wheels.
RagnarKon