Leg Room Concerns (All Trims)

BroncoSportBigBend
Oct 27, 2020

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2020

I'm sure many of you have seen YouTube videos of the Bronco Sports that are making their rounds on different dealerships. But have you seen the 2nd row seating? They seem incredibly small! I know Ford has spec'ed out 36.9" of 2nd row leg room, but I don't know... it just seems way too cramped in those videos. My 2015 Rav4 had just 0.3" more leg room, but it appeared to have more. Do you think all of those videos had their 1st row seats pushed all the way back? Is anyone else worried, or am I overreacting?
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2020

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2020

We have discussed this a lot on the Bronco Sport Forum (such as https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...omparison-vs-the-competition.1134/#post-23130). I think we are all guessing until some real person actually sees one of these and can sit in it. It is hard to know what to think of dealer videos. I am so looking forward to seeing and reading some independent test drive reviews and maybe seeing mannequins in the dealership. Until then, we just don't know. I would guess the same will be true for the bigger Bronco. Everything is guesswork until you see it in person.

The best line response (from Essential Employee) was, "Also, are your rear adult passengers helping pay for the vehicle? If not, they can suck it up. Just to put it in perspective.. the average economy flight seat has 30 to 31 inches of leg room. Most people don’t think it’s worth the upgrade for more leg room." :)
Commodore

Rank VI

Oct 28, 2020

Once your dealer has one in stock, or your order in stock, I would definitely try it on for size before signing any paperwork. You are not obligated to purchase something if you have not had a chance to try it out first.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Commodore

Rank II

Oct 28, 2020

I don't have kids and I plan on having my rear seats folded down most of the time. I saw the sport in person and it didn't seem too cramped, but I didn't get a chance to try it out. The drivers seat was very comfortable
TXArchitect, Commodore

Rank III

Oct 28, 2020

Won't the rear seat legroom be the same as an Escape? Go sit in an Escape.
2018 Ford Raptor
2020 Audi SQ5-2022 4dr Wildtrak on order.
Commodore, Tannerjay87

Rank 0

Nov 10, 2020

This video is continuing to give me concerns about the leg room:
(check 1:30 mark).
Yes, the front seat is pushed back, but that leg room look so inadequate! My wife's Honda Fit has more room than that. I will still check out my order when it comes in, but right now, I am concerned. I think I will have a couple of backups in mind...
CycloneCowboy

Rank II

Nov 10, 2020

The overall size is something I am waiting to inspect in person. I'd say it's my number 1 deal breaker along with poor ground clearance. The Escape is about 180" long and the Sport is about 173." I freak when I see an Escape and think the Sport is 7" shorter!

Pictures are not a good way to judge, but when I see people standing near the BS, it looks very compact and small.

The rear seats are not really acceptable for adults, maybe minions or kids, or both. I've seen videos of adults trying to sit in the back seats and I would be very uncomfortable. This is really common in all compact SUV's. I don't think the front seats are that bad, given the measurements compared to other small SUV's. Overall, I think Ford made a mistake by not adding at least another 7 inches to the over all length, to at least match the Escape.

Then again, the Sport is not being marketed as a full-size, macho, off-roading SUV. It's designed as a "fun" vehicle for weekend family use.

Rank V

Nov 10, 2020

Doug DeMuro goes into a in depth walk around the 2 door prototype and at 18:05 he starts on the back seats and he's pretty tall at 6'4"

Rank II

Nov 10, 2020

I think the original post was about the Sport, not the Big Bronco?

Rank V

Nov 10, 2020

I think the original post was about the Sport, not the Big Bronco?
true I saw that but I have also heard of people complaining or questioning the larger bronco's legroom, more particularly the 2 door
CycloneCowboy

Rank VI

Nov 10, 2020

Thought I’d step in here with some input.

Here’s the back seat with myself in it. I’m 75in tall. Also, the front seat is about halfway forward. 6358D6D1-CD97-4559-95C7-C03879FB51A1.jpeg

Now, with seat all the way back it’s pretty snug. Wouldn’t want to do a long trip like this.
8FE42794-18FB-4270-96D1-245F89ECF519.jpeg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
TXArchitect, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2020

If you have questions about Bronco Sport, post at the link below before 11:30 Eastern tomorrow.

https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/posts/27260/
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
monstertorch, TXArchitect