LED Headlights? Black Diamond

crashesalot
Jan 16, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

I can't order LED signature headlights on the black diamond. Anyone know how I can add them after?
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 16, 2022

Buy them on ebay or from Ford and install them. They are plug n play. But not cheap.
EvlNvrDys

Rank 0

Jan 17, 2022

Buy them on ebay or from Ford and install them. They are plug n play. But not cheap.
Thanks! glad to hear they are plug and play yes i see they are pricey!!

Rank V

Jan 17, 2022

how much is NOT CHEAP and how much is THEY ARE PRICEY ??????

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 17, 2022

how much is NOT CHEAP and how much is THEY ARE PRICEY ??????

Used with no warranty $1000+ a pair.
Deano Bronc, EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

Is it bad that I personally prefer the looks of the lower trim headlights? Would like the projector beam and halo DRL but don’t like the overall looks of the signature headlights.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
Sdakotabronco

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 17, 2022

Is it bad that I personally prefer the looks of the lower trim headlights? Would like the projector beam and halo DRL but don’t like the overall looks of the signature headlights.

The signature lights are not projector beam. They use reflectors just like the lower level headlights. I actually prefer the looks of the basic LED headlights too. The Halo just screams Jeep. I mean they are cool looking. Just not very original.

And the thing with any headlight or taillight with an LED trim ring or DRL is once that LED trim starts to fail they look like garbage. Take a look at some older Durangos, Darts and Chargers with the "racetrack" LED taillight that has started to fail.
Nminus1, 14U

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

The signature lights are not projector beam. They use reflectors just like the lower level headlights. I actually prefer the looks of the basic LED headlights too. The Halo just screams Jeep. I mean they are cool looking. Just not very original.

And the thing with any headlight or taillight with an LED trim ring or DRL is once that LED trim starts to fail they look like garbage. Take a look at some older Durangos, Darts and Chargers with the "racetrack" LED taillight that has started to fail.

So are you saying you'd trade sig lights for normal? I'll do it if you have the sig lights.

And to me, I prefer the sig lights over regular. I feel as thought this "half lit" headlight looks like shit. Almost makes them look square.

BTW, I heard from a dealer that the sig lights through the parts department are around $1,700.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 17, 2022

So are you saying you'd trade sig lights for normal? I'll do it if you have the sig lights.

And to me, I prefer the sig lights over regular. I feel as thought this "half lit" headlight looks like shit. Almost makes them look square.

BTW, I heard from a dealer that the sig lights through the parts department are around $1,700.

I have a Black Diamond on order so I'll have the regular lights.

As far as the headlights the main part of them is the same. They both use a dual LED/dual reflector housing. The top is active for low beam and both for high beam. The only difference between the two headlights is the halo ring and indicator bar.

They are very similar to Trucklites LED headlights.

1642425567861.png

1642425600171.png

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

I have a Black Diamond on order so I'll have the regular lights.

As far as the headlights the main part of them is the same. They both use a dual LED/dual reflector housing. The top is active for low beam and both for high beam. The only difference between the two headlights is the halo ring and indicator bar.

They are very similar to Trucklites LED headlights.

View attachment 26351

View attachment 26352

Well yeah, I get that. the regular and sig would look the same aside from the sig part. But at least the sig part gives you that round look. The regular doesn't.

But hey, we each like what we like.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 17, 2022

Well yeah, I get that. the regular and sig would look the same aside from the sig part. But at least the sig part gives you that round look. The regular doesn't.

But hey, we each like what we like.

Can't see what they look like from the driver's seat. :p

As long as the light output is good I'm good. ;)
dover157, EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

Can't see what they look like from the driver's seat. :p

As long as the light output is good I'm good. ;)

It's funny you say that, because I said the same damn thing when I switched from a BB to a BaseSquath... I'll never see it.

Then, driving in front of the BIL last week (he has the BB w/sig lights), I was like "Damn that looks so much better from the front". Now I find myself drooling over the sig lights on eBay trying to convince myself to drop $1,000 on them :( And IF you knew me, you'd know I don't like to spend money like that. I'd rather put $30 pod lights on my truck before dropping $300+ for a nice set of KC's (yeah, old school!)

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

My bad, I thought I read they were projector somewhere
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.