Road Trips

BroncoBlaster
Aug 18, 2020

Rank III

Aug 18, 2020

For the past several years I have taken road trips out West to hike and camp. I have driven my 4Runner to the Grand Canyon, Moab, Monument Valley, Scottsdale, and Palo Duro Canyon, Tx. This fall I plan on driving the whole the Blue Ridge Parkway, unfortunately not in my new Bronco, exploring the history, doing some hiking, and camping along the way. Today I just read an article about the 395 Highway in California and I have now added it to my growing road trip list.

I thought this would be a good topic on this Forum. Where are you going to drive your new Bronco, or old Bronco to? Can you give me advice of good scenic drives in your area or cool off the beaten path towns that only the locals know about?
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020

Rank V

Aug 18, 2020

Highway 395 is great you will enjoy it.

One of my favorite on pavement road trips was doing Route 66. The best section is in Arizona. Epic road trip. I plan on doing it a few more times. Highway 50 rolling from Sacramento to interstate 15 in Utah is one of the most lonely drives you will ever do on pavement.

Now for dirt my bucket list item is the transamtrail.
Big Mike, Fstfrd00

Rank II

Aug 21, 2020

We are big fans of Route 66. Along with the old towns there are many dirt sections of the old road that are a blast to drive. Did those in our Jeep last year, and looking forward doing those sections (along with the many dirt side roads out there) in the Bronco.

One of those side roads just west of Tucumcari, New Mexico.

Jim

100_4925.JPG
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
ExploreAZ

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Now for dirt my bucket list item is the transamtrail.
Never heard of this but it looks pretty cool.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
ExploreAZ

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

I took a year off after college to backpack and check out all the national parks out west. This was one of the places that is a must see.

Glacier National park and going to the sun road. You really want to be impressed look into how they built this road.... crazy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going-to-the-Sun_Road

Second place goes to Yosemite national park and glacier point. Try looking straight down a few 1,000 feet to the valley floor...unbelievable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_Point
WuNgUn, Big Mike

Rank V

Aug 21, 2020

I took a year off after college to backpack and check out all the national parks out west. This was one of the places that is a must see.

Glacier National park and going to the sun road. You really want to be impressed look into how they built this road.... crazy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going-to-the-Sun_Road

Going to need to go check this out. Looks really cool :)

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Going to need to go check this out. Looks really cool :)
Yeah, I agree but my wife would never ride along with me on that road. She hates any kind of curvy mountain road with no guard rails. :LOL:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
ExploreAZ

Rank V

Aug 21, 2020

Yeah, I agree but my wife would never ride along with me on that road. She hates any kind of curvy mountain road with no guard rails. :LOL:

My wife is the same way. I remind her I like to live too but that does not seem to change her mind.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Aug 22, 2020

I plan to take a trip to the Padre Island National Seashore and cruise the 60 miles of beach. I thought the TransAmTrail was for motorcycles only so now that I see that is an option it makes the list as well. MOAB is a must. The Mother Road has been on my bucket list for a while and the Bronco can handle the unpaved portions my other car cannot make. I want to take this thing everywhere it can go, and maybe a few places it can't go just to be sure I tried it all.
Fstfrd00, Username

Rank V

Aug 22, 2020

I plan to take a trip to the Padre Island National Seashore and cruise the 60 miles of beach. I thought the TransAmTrail was for motorcycles only so now that I see that is an option it makes the list as well. MOAB is a must. The Mother Road has been on my bucket list for a while and the Bronco can handle the unpaved portions my other car cannot make. I want to take this thing everywhere it can go, and maybe a few places it can't go just to be sure I tried it all.

I used to think the same about the Transamtrail and it was on my ADV riding bucket list. Then in 2013 Landrovers went out and did it.

Cruising 60 miles of beach sounds pretty cool. Going to need to add that to the trip list. So many places to explore :).
Big Mike, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Aug 22, 2020

I actually read about Padre Island today! Bucket list for me as well.
Deano Bronc, Big Mike

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2020

I actually read about Padre Island today! Bucket list for me as well.
I would highly recommend PINS. It's a pretty easy drive. If you camp on the beach use your Bronco as a wind break :)
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Big Mike, Deano Bronc