Preventing Theft of our new Bronco

JOND
Aug 18, 2020

Rank V

Aug 18, 2020

When doors and roof are removed, does anyone know what's planned for keeping our truck from being jacked?
WT 2D High, Eruption Green, 7/24/20 reserv, 2/24/21 order, built, shipping.....
Chief1301, 93jason
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020

Bronco guy doing Bronco-ey things with his Bronco

Aug 18, 2020

Taking your key fob out of the rig? :). I heard they have a perimeter alarm system, that will warn you after all your stuff has been snatched though.
First Edition 4dr
1967 Bronco
1993 Mustang Notchback
93jason, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Aug 18, 2020

Welcome to ownership of a vehicle that you can drive with no doors or tops. Best advice plan accordingly and try not to keep valuable things in your truck. You get use to it and at least you won’t use your truck as a storage unit. Lol. Hopefully Ford will offer more then just a locking glove box and center console. Jeep offered under the second row locking storage for the Gladiator. Maybe Ford can do something similar. Also, I am sure the after market will come up with lockable storage options.
Chief1301, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Aug 18, 2020

When doors and roof are removed, does anyone know what's planned for keeping our truck from being jacked?
6" lift and then nobody can see in it to steal anything.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Big Mike, Username

Rank 0

Aug 18, 2020

Just don't keep anything too valuable in it is what I did when I had my Jeep. I haven't locked any of my cars in 3 years but I'll probably lock them for the next week or so because I think I jinxed myself lol.
.< Rokos
Fstfrd00, SaddleUpWild

Rank VI

Aug 18, 2020

Just get the manual transmission. The chance of your Bronco being stolen by anyone over 35 years old is very, very slim..... and the chance that anyone under 35 can actual drive a stick is probably even less.

I haven't locked my doors in my 1996 since I bought it. If they really want your Bronco just ask a repo guy... you cannot do anything to stop them.
mhat23, Rydfree

Rank VI

Aug 18, 2020

When you go into a store just put a Chevy Blazer sticker on it. Nobody will touch it!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Stereo, les16j

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 18, 2020

There is no preventing theft. You can only deter theft. If a thief wants something bad enough they will take it. Because, well, people suck. Best thing you can do is keep any valuables secured in lockable storage or not in the vehicle at all. And have a good insurance policy.
Rgwinn, 93jason

Rank IV

Aug 18, 2020

Did you hear about the art thieves that got caught?

They didn’t have the Monet, for Degas, to make the Van Gogh before Mr. Smith gave em a Wesson.
Thewanderingtarjea, BScott

Rank V

Aug 18, 2020

When you go into a store just put a Chevy Blazer sticker on it. Nobody will touch it!
Lmfao!!!!!
WT 2D High, Eruption Green, 7/24/20 reserv, 2/24/21 order, built, shipping.....
Ian Lacasse, SaddleUpWild

Rank VI

Aug 18, 2020

EASY! Buy the manual transmission. Only 18% of the American population would know how to drive it!
I wasn't there...
Calgecko, 93jason

Rank IV

Aug 26, 2020

Is Ford going to offer any alarm system on the Bronco? It is great they will offer a cellphone autostart with. the FordPass, but I have autostart and an alarm system with Viper. It would be nice if the FordPass had a basic alarm system on the Bronco.
Big Mike, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Aug 26, 2020

Anything is better than a 1st generation bronco (unless it's 3 on the tree)!
I thought I retired, then I started restoring my Bronco!
69 Bronco Sport Wagon 351w 3spd on the floor,
2nd owner same family!

Rank VI

Aug 26, 2020

I actually had this thought and it concluded with drive a MT and take the valuables out (the ones I can anyways). I drove around in a '92 Miata with that understanding, in the late nineties, and never had an issue. Of course I lived in a small town then and that car was ~8 years old (So not real flashy except the yellow oxidized paint)
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Bsooudi, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Aug 26, 2020

Most likely getting the MT. Reality is I probably won't have the doors and top off much, I am mostly bald and live in Texas. There are only about a dozen or so days you can run topless around here unless you like to fry or take a shower while you drive.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank III

Aug 26, 2020

No doubt that Tuffy and others will come out with several options for the Bronco. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/
2018 Ford Raptor
2020 Audi SQ5-2022 4dr Wildtrak on order.
Deano Bronc, JOND

Rank IV

Aug 27, 2020

Just get the manual transmission. The chance of your Bronco being stolen by anyone over 35 years old is very, very slim..... and the chance that anyone under 35 can actual drive a stick is probably even less.

I haven't locked my doors in my 1996 since I bought it. If they really want your Bronco just ask a repo guy... you cannot do anything to stop them.
Not always true. I had a taxi park like 6" off my driver door and asked a young Vietnamese lady if see could back it up for me as see was bout 4'10" and could get in from passenger side. She had no problems with my 6.2L LS1 and Tremac 6060.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)

Rank VI

Aug 27, 2020

Owned a Wrangler for several years. Never had a problem. I also had a Tuffy security shelf in the cargo area to store tools and supplies.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red

Rank VI

Aug 27, 2020

No doubt that Tuffy and others will come out with several options for the Bronco. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/
I actually have an email from Tuffy confirming that. (y)
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
JOND, mrlaw

Rank IV

Oct 02, 2020

The winch looks like it would be easy to steal.