Launch timing

Corsair

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
San Francisco, CA, USA
Member #

they say not to buy a first model year of a vehicle but after waiting and Googling for like 10 years "new Bronco" I might break that rule. Not sure the 600 temps currently on the bronco line are helping QA though.
I bought my 2013 Escape as a first year model. Zero problems. I’m will to give the Bronco the same chance.

Reactions: FirstOnRaceDay1

cmb

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 22, 2020
Austin, TX, USA
I am going the other way. My raw excitement turned to enthusiasm, and now it's turning to boredom. I wish they'd announce already.
I know how you feel. Thankfully my timeline to replace my 4 door suv all along has been summer 2021, once the warranty is up. Not sure I would be able to wait it out if I was ready to upgrade this year.

BrianBell66

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
Fort Collins, CO
I’ve always thought June 9th. Even before all this Covid stuff. It would have been a few days before the NAIAS. And now it seams like a good time after all the restart the nation stuff is going on. And a Tuesday is always a safe bet.

if I were a betting man that would be my guess.
For awhile I was thinking this as well. The Bronco R's race number was "2069"... as in maybe "2020-06-09", the press release day at NAIAS. Could have originally been set for a special vehicle package like a "Rod Hall" or "Baja" Edition if the main Bronco was already released. Now could be used to a Product launch.

Or could have been a throwback to the 69 Baja Win? "2020-1969".

Reactions: FirstOnRaceDay1

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The vehicle numbers are part of the class system, the number 2069 seems appropriate for the class the vehicle would run. I don't know, it still could be an easter egg Ford has gained a reputation for using, especially with the Mustang. Could just be a number, Freud once said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

Reactions: The Devil Horse

LoneRanger

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Williston, FL, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Incognito
Member #

I want to know how beefy the cv shafts are on the front of this thing. If your going to wheel it, how many will blow the front shafts? How hard will they be to replace? Will they offer improved angles over standard cv's? I want to know if the interior has some way of removing or folding down the seats FLAT. For massive use-able storage. I have tons of questions and none of them will be answered until this rig is out in the open and we can put our hands on one.

L.R.

Reactions: Akfordfan

The Devil Horse

Rank III

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Dana Point, CA, USA
The vehicle numbers are part of the class system, the number 2069 seems appropriate for the class the vehicle would run. I don't know, it still could be an easter egg Ford has gained a reputation for using, especially with the Mustang. Could just be a number, Freud once said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"
You are correct re: they were in class 2 so all cars in that class are 2xxx the 69 to recognize Rod Hall in 1969. This is what I was told...

Supporter III

May 21, 2020
Orlando, FL, USA
Member #

So Ford leaked out that the 2021 F150 WILL be revealed Thursday June 25th.
Bronco (and Sport) will be BEFORE then. (Shocker spring 2020). But I bet there will be 2 Weeks between reveals. Meaning June 11?
So Ford revealed that they would be revealing the vehicle after the Michigan lockdown, which ends June 13 or 12th. Don’t remember off the top of my head. And they definitely said they will reveal Spring of 2020 which ends June 19. Sooo 1 + 1 = between June 13 and 19.

DesertBronco

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 1, 2020
Las Vegas, NV, USA
So Ford revealed that they would be revealing the vehicle after the Michigan lockdown, which ends June 13 or 12th. Don’t remember off the top of my head. And they definitely said they will reveal Spring of 2020 which ends June 19. Sooo 1 + 1 = between June 13 and 19.
I hope so! I got all this time right now to play with a configurator. Lemme see the truck!!

Reactions: King_Bronco0327

FirstOnRaceDay1

Rank III

Advocate III

May 24, 2020
Toledo, OH, USA
In mid- to late 1996, Ford announced the discontinuation of the Bronco. The last model built rolled off the Wayne, Michigan assembly line on June 12
the more and more I think about it the more and more June 12th makes sense.. its going to be that week regardless. What day is the Question. But the lock down ends the 12th, Seams logical

ChadleyS1

Rank III

Champion II

May 21, 2020
Louisiana, USA
What is the source of this information, specifically the part about "after the Michigan lockdown?"