Laugh me out of here...but how do we get armrest/cupholder confirmation for 4 door?

5280Bronco
Nov 16, 2020

Rank V

Nov 16, 2020

i know, it's a stupid topic and hardly anyone cares because we shouldn't need any armrest or cupholders in a serious off road rig.

With that said, many of these great broncos will also be pulling daily/family duty. I would love to be able to confirm if all 4 doors get an armrest in the back seat regardless of seat material, or if it's only on the leather option. Also, it seems that the only armrest that will include the cupholders is on navy pier on the FE and not the same leather seats in the OBX? Not on the leather in the badlands? Many mainstream buyers at least glance at this when buying a new vehicle.

I know this is a minor situation, but if the door nets are the only beverage/cup holders in the rear seat, it's just an added wrinkle and pain point for anyone who has a kid or kids, or also plans on bringing more than two people on trips of a decent distance. I just made the mistake of assuming that the rear seats would all have an armrest with two cupholders since every vehicle i have been in has one in the back seat. Thanks!
foreWard, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2020

Rank V

Nov 16, 2020

i know, it's a stupid topic and hardly anyone cares because we shouldn't need any armrest or cupholders in a serious off road rig.

With that said, many of these great broncos will also be pulling daily/family duty. I would love to be able to confirm if all 4 doors get an armrest in the back seat regardless of seat material, or if it's only on the leather option. Also, it seems that the only armrest that will include the cupholders is on navy pier on the FE and not the same leather seats in the OBX? Not on the leather in the badlands? Many mainstream buyers at least glance at this when buying a new vehicle.

I know this is a minor situation, but if the door nets are the only beverage/cup holders in the rear seat, it's just an added wrinkle and pain point for anyone who has a kid or kids, or also plans on bringing more than two people on trips of a decent distance. I just made the mistake of assuming that the rear seats would all have an armrest with two cupholders since every vehicle i have been in has one in the back seat. Thanks!
The 8 beverage holders is an option on outerbanks, badlands, WILDTRAK, and is standard on FE. It comes in the form of the arm rest with two extra beverage holders

Attachments

BN #702
Utah.bronco on IG
Broncofly, Bronc96

Rank V

Nov 16, 2020

The 4door outerbanks and FE have 8 drink holders, they are the only models with the arm rest in the back seat that has two drink holders in it.
Thank you very much for the clarity. Is it still leather only? Or does the cloth option also include the armrest with cupholders?

Rank V

Nov 16, 2020

Thank you very much for the clarity. Is it still leather only? Or does the cloth option also include the armrest with cupholders?
He I just updated, I got more info! I think it’s an option with the leather, not 100% sure, because it’s not reflected in B&P yet.
BN #702
Utah.bronco on IG
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Nov 16, 2020

Here's what we know:
  • The Leather Trimmed Navy Pier Interior has the additional cup holders in the arm rest that folds out of the back seat.
  • This interior is available on Outer Banks and comes standard on the First Edition
Here's what we aren't sure of:
  • The Leather Trimmed option in the Badlands may have the additional cupholders in the rear arm rest.
  • Build and Price doesn't list these additional cupholders in the description of the Badlands leather option but we have other sources that do list it does include them.
Final clarification will need to come from Ford before this is settled. We are asking and will share here when we get an answer.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Broncofly, foreWard

Rank V

Nov 17, 2020

Here's what we know:
  • The Leather Trimmed Navy Pier Interior has the additional cup holders in the arm rest that folds out of the back seat.
  • This interior is available on Outer Banks and comes standard on the First Edition
  • The Leather Trimmed option in the Badlands may have the additional cupholders in the rear arm rest.
  • Build and Price doesn't list these additional cupholders in the description of the Badlands leather option but we have other sources that do list it does include them.
Final clarification will need to come from Ford before this is settled. We are asking and will share here when we get an answer.
Really appreciate the help!
Cooppierce

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

FYI - Not a stupid question. I'm super invested in this and it's partly why I went Outer Banks. Not kidding.
5280Bronco

Rank V

Nov 17, 2020

FYI - Not a stupid question. I'm super invested in this and it's partly why I went Outer Banks. Not kidding.
Thanks. It's gonna be a fight between OB and BL if it's available on that model as well. All comes down to the numbers.

Rank V

Nov 17, 2020

This isn’t a dumb question at all! Let’s be honest 75% of the new broncos won’t leave the pavement! Also even for off road a few cup holders would be great! I saw dave sent out an email asking. I did as well hopefully we will get an answer back quick! 757C64E5-548B-429A-9015-D9DBD9835171.jpeg
Josh Hamilton
srick76, gibsBRonCO

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2020

Looks like this reinforces my "no drink in the rig rule" ! Lol! Seriously though, seems crazy that Ford is withholding rear cupholders to the upper trim levels!? This is a feature typically found on the most basic vehicles. :unsure:
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
srick76, 5280Bronco

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2020

This exact topic is strangely important to my build. This will be replacing my GC Trailhawk, and cupholders in the back is a must have with a 10 year old kid. If I have to pay $2K for leather, just for rear cupholders, that will be a tough pill to swallow. That alone might not cause me to pass on filling my reservation, but the straws continue to build up on my camel's back with the dark interiors, MIC top, "late availability" items, no x plan, etc.....I'm trying to keep the faith, but it is being tested.
srick76, JFord

Rank V

Nov 18, 2020

This exact topic is strangely important to my build. This will be replacing my GC Trailhawk, and cupholders in the back is a must have with a 10 year old kid. If I have to pay $2K for leather, just for rear cupholders, that will be a tough pill to swallow. That alone might not cause me to pass on filling my reservation, but the straws continue to build up on my camel's back with the dark interiors, MIC top, "late availability" items, no x plan, etc.....I'm trying to keep the faith, but it is being tested.
There’s beverages holders in the back, you just get 2 more with the leather package. You got from 6 total to 8
BN #702
Utah.bronco on IG

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2020

There’s beverages holders in the back, you just get 2 more with the leather package. You got from 6 total to 8
If they are counting the nets in the doors as cupholders, that's a no go for me. If there are 2 actual cupholders somewhere back there and the leather adds 2 more. Then I will be satisfied. For now, color me skeptical....

Rank V

Nov 18, 2020

If they are counting the nets in the doors as cupholders, that's a no go for me. If there are 2 actual cupholders somewhere back there and the leather adds 2 more. Then I will be satisfied. For now, color me skeptical....
I mean “beverage holders” it’s going to fit a water bottle or closed container fine. I don’t know about you, but I put to much work in to detailing my vehicles to be letting kids have open container drinks in the back haha.
BN #702
Utah.bronco on IG

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2020

I mean “beverage holders” it’s going to fit a water bottle or closed container fine. I don’t know about you, but I put to much work in to detailing my vehicles to be letting kids have open container drinks in the back haha.
Well, the badlands has a washout interior for a reason....:ROFLMAO:
Cooppierce, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Nov 18, 2020

Here's what we know:
See, I was wondering what was special about the FE, and now I know! Cup holders!!!! LOL
I wasn't there...
Cooppierce

Rank IV

Nov 18, 2020

We got a great laugh out this no cup holders in the backseat of the four door. We actually asked the ford rep to show us wear the rear cup holders were in the 4 door overland concept at super celebration East. Well he look all over for them then reached for the center arm rest, and there was no cup holders. So I hope they fix this by the production version or the Mom crowd might not be to happy according to the wife.
SierraHotelBronco

Rank VI

Nov 18, 2020

We got a great laugh out this no cup holders in the backseat of the four door. We actually asked the ford rep to show us wear the rear cup holders were in the 4 door overland concept at super celebration East. Well he look all over for them then reached for the center arm rest, and there was no cup holders. So I hope they fix this by the production version or the Mom crowd might not be to happy according to the wife.
My wife complained to the BMW dealer about the lack of and size of cupholders in our M-Car. The dealer laughed and told her that the Germans don't see why you need a cupholder in a M-car since it is about speed and diving into corners. Maybe Ford sees the same thing on the Bronco! How do you keep a drink in a cupholder offroad???
I wasn't there...
Bronc96, Cooppierce

Rank IV

Nov 18, 2020

My wife complained to the BMW dealer about the lack of and size of cupholders in our M-Car. The dealer laughed and told her that the Germans don't see why you need a cupholder in a M-car since it is about speed and diving into corners. Maybe Ford sees the same thing on the Bronco! How do you keep a drink in a cupholder off-road???

Sounds like the German's, their ideas are always the best at least according to them, but they also lost a few wars SO ;)

But off-road cup holder these work great. You can flop it on its side and never spill your drink.

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Magnetic_Mount_Cup_Holder/Bronco_Dash_Parts

4270_3.jpg
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank V

Nov 18, 2020

Sounds like the German's, their ideas are always the best at least according to them, but they also lost a few wars SO ;)

But off-road cup holder these work great. You can flop it on its side and never spill your drink.

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Magnetic_Mount_Cup_Holder/Bronco_Dash_Parts

View attachment 5668
If i could get that in a suction cup form, that may work in a pinch if i could attach it to the door.