Latest Word on Build Constraints?

JasonAM
Jan 18, 2022

Rank II

Jan 18, 2022

Just wondering what the biggest supply/build constraints are currently? Has anyone changed builds and been successful at getting a production date?
(BL, Squatch, High, MGV, soft)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, White, 2.7, Squatch, MIC
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2022

Member 2541 Jerry

Jan 19, 2022

Just wondering what the biggest supply/build constraints are currently? Has anyone changed builds and been successful at getting a production date?
Welcome to the Bronco Nation,
Sasquatch & High pkg look to be your build constraints. I do think the supply chain is improving bit by bit but there hasn’t ben any “confirmed” improvements.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
the poacher, Poindexter_d

Libations MOD

Jan 19, 2022

Search on here, I forgot the thread title but there basically is a laundry list of "constraints" and then also regional "constraints" as well now.
Don't quote my list but I belive it had WT, LUX, MIC, mod bumper, tow, advanced 4x4, and some others on it
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Poindexter_d, JasonAM

Rank 0

Jan 19, 2022

I was just told that the "Tow Capability" option was a constraint on my build. Badlands, Sasquatch, LUX, 2.7L, MIC
Poindexter_d, JasonAM

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jan 19, 2022

anything made of metal
anything made of plastic
anything made of glass
anything
everything
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
glamosaurus, CaliFilly

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2022

I was just told that the "Tow Capability" option was a constraint on my build. Badlands, Sasquatch, LUX, 2.7L, MIC
You got several. In order from most impactful to least:

Tow package, MIC top, Lux package.

That tow package and MIC top will probably hold you up for months. Lux is a "lesser" constraint, but still an issue.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Poindexter_d, JasonAM

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 19, 2022

Tow, PPF and hard top are the biggest most recent ones that come directly from Ford. As well as 2 door. But Sasquatch, modular bumper, Lux package and advance 4x4 are believed to be as well.

Trusted and Carefree

Jan 19, 2022

Search on here, I forgot the thread title but there basically is a laundry list of "constraints" and then also regional "constraints" as well now.
Don't quote my list but I belive it had WT, LUX, MIC, mod bumper, tow, advanced 4x4, and some others on it
I look at that list and want to yell Yahtzee! Thats my whole build sheet... Start getting that liver ready for tomorrow.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
glamosaurus, Frosty2778

Rank 0

Jan 19, 2022

Thank you! I have heard the MIC Top is definitely an issue but have also heard they are getting better in that regard. Not sure what the deal is on the Tow, gotta be just a lack of parts?

Rank III

Jan 19, 2022

Honestly, I think that the biggest constraint is the MIC top...but there are other variables, that can cause the delay. I dropped the MIC when I re-ordered but kept everything else that I was told were possible constraints (tow, SAS, 2.7, protective lining, Lux). I got a VIN 22 Dec 21 and build date of 14 MAR 22. The allocation numbers at the dealerships the other consideration...knowing how many vehicles your dealership is allocated to build and where you fall in that line helps too (I found out that my dealership ranks like 16 out of the 3000+ Ford dealerships nation-wide so they apparently have more builds allocated). Just my .2 cents on the situation.
'22 Bronco WT, CG, 4dr, 2.7L, SAS, Lux, Leather, Tow, PPF
Order 7/20/21 & 10/8; VIN 12/22; Blend 3/26/22; Purchased 4/23
Poindexter_d

Rank IV

Jan 19, 2022

I look at that list and want to yell Yahtzee! Thats my whole build sheet... Start getting that liver ready for tomorrow.
Better exercise it some today then.
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
Mal

Libations MOD

Jan 19, 2022

Yep, that's me outside the Mod bumper since Ill go AM anyways and kept the fog switches I went basic borning
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Mal

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jan 20, 2022

I'm waiting on a 4 door badlands sasquatch 2.7 Luxe with MIC . I deleted tow, but with all the other things, that's probably a non-factor... by the time I get my Bronco, we'll all have hover suits.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Mal, Smittys22

Rank 0

Jan 20, 2022

Yep, all the dealers got a list of constraints for their area that shows the percentage of availability. In my area the paint protection is 2%, tow is 30%, MIC is 40% ect. We have had a few people in Oct last year change to soft top and they are scheduled or already driving.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 20, 2022

Thank you! I have heard the MIC Top is definitely an issue but have also heard they are getting better in that regard. Not sure what the deal is on the Tow, gotta be just a lack of parts?

I'm thinking the tow package is somehow chip related. I have seen many people that have successfully ordered the receiver hitch from Ford.
RagnarKon, 14U

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 20, 2022

I'm thinking the tow package is somehow chip related. I have seen many people that have successfully ordered the receiver hitch from Ford.
Yeah it is most likely related to the electronics revolving around the 7-pin connector, Ford has never confirmed nor denied that though.

@Smittys22 ... if are not going to be installing a trailer brake controller, and only need the tow package for something like a hitch-mounted bike rack or for towing a utility/boat trailer, I would highly suggest dropping the tow package and just ordering the hitch and the 4-pin wiring harness separately. You'll probably jump several places in line simply by dropping the tow package.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 20, 2022

Yeah it is most likely related to the electronics revolving around the 7-pin connector, Ford has never confirmed nor denied that though.

@Smittys22 ... if are not going to be installing a trailer brake controller, and only need the tow package for something like a hitch-mounted bike rack or for towing a utility/boat trailer, I would highly suggest dropping the tow package and just ordering the hitch and the 4-pin wiring harness separately. You'll probably jump several places in line simply by dropping the tow package.

Sound advice. I already know with the low tow rating on the Bronco I would never have the need for a TBC. Anything requiring a TBC would be pushing the limits anyway. So a 4 pin will be plenty.
LilMike73, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 20, 2022

Sound advice. I already know with the low tow rating on the Bronco I would never have the need for a TBC. Anything requiring a TBC would be pushing the limits anyway. So a 4 pin will be plenty.
The one exception to this would be many (most?) off-road worthy small/teardrop trailers come with 12 inch electric brakes. it would be helpful in these cases. Other then that 100% agreed.
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
Garemlin, RagnarKon

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 20, 2022

The one accretion to this would be many (most?) off-road worthy small/teardrop trailers come with 12 inch electric brakes. it would be helpful in these cases. Other then that 100% agreed.
Yeah... many of the off-road overlanding-type trailers do have electric trailer brakes, simply because it helps control the vehicle while off-roading over more extreme terrain. And some of the smaller teardrop & pop-up camping trailers have electric brakes as well.... although usually brakes are an optional upgrade and not a standard option. So I could see why Ford would offer a package that is compatible with a trailer brake controller.

But the vast majority of people probably just ordered the tow package as a "just in case I may need it in the future" and don't have any real plans to use it. Those that do are either using the hitch for a bike/ski rack mount... or are towing something small like a fishing boat, jet skis, 4-wheeler, dirt bikes, etc. And those will either have passive surge brakes that don't need a controller, or they are light enough to have have no trailer brakes at all.

Either way, the Bronco is definitely not a towing machine. The tow package itself doesn't even come with a trailer brake controller, it just makes it compatible with a trailer brake controller. So I suspect those that are planning on towing extensively are probably buying a pickup truck instead.
washope, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 20, 2022

The one accretion to this would be many (most?) off-road worthy small/teardrop trailers come with 12 inch electric brakes. it would be helpful in these cases. Other then that 100% agreed.

Yeah... many of the off-road overlanding-type trailers do have electric trailer brakes, simply because it helps control the vehicle while off-roading over more extreme terrain. And some of the smaller teardrop & pop-up camping trailers have electric brakes as well.... although usually brakes are an optional upgrade and not a standard option. So I could see why Ford would offer a package that is compatible with a trailer brake controller.

Good info. Was not aware that those smaller teardrops had trailer brakes. Just figured that most trailers that fall within the comfortable towing capacity of the Bronco wouldn't need them.