Latest News on Production

Laura
May 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 14, 2021

Ford sent out these notes in a bulletin to dealers today.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July
  • July production scheduling begins next week, May 20
Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
  • Soft Top Production Opportunity
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
  • Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling
    • These commodities are in short supply for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders
  • Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling
    • These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
HBhoneybadger1, HerBronco
Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 14, 2021

Additional information in the bulletin includes:
2021 BRONCO FUEL ECONOMY RATINGS
1621027623307.png

Disclaimer: EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/ transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary.

1621027163131.png

Testimonials on Off-Roadeo: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCziyVlwl2X1lAQWZ6pfD6jg/videos
  • “After this experience I have totally changed my mind as to how I feel like a dealer should train their sales staff and actually how a customer should attend this experience. The dealer should be insistent that the customer attend because it makes all the difference in the world!” – Marc Cross, Dealer Principal, Jordan Ford, San Antonio, TX
  • “For me, it was really exciting to see the capability that is built into the Bronco. The Off-Roadeo really allowed for me to experience the technology and learn how to use it Off-Road! You don’t even realize all it can do until you get it Off-Road with an instructor. I highly recommend every dealer attend to see how good the product and the experience is." - Wes Studdard, Dealer Principal, Bluebonnet Motors, New Braunfels, Texas
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank V

May 14, 2021

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders
If I knew a soft top would be wired for a later MIC top I would change, otherwise it is wait and see. (rev 7/14, order 1/21) I may remove my tow package as it can easily be added aftermarket.
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX
KennyMac, Gutter Clown

Rank V

May 14, 2021

Background

July Production Notes
Curious where soft and hard top combo would land in the system?
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX
Commodore, TK1215

Home, home on the range

May 14, 2021

Curious where soft and hard top combo would land in the system?
Combo is not available for 21MY
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Commodore, TK1215

Rank V

May 14, 2021

Went to dealer. Changed order to remove tow package. Also found out that I am priority code 11 so here’s to a long week of waiting to see what comes through.

Lubbock, TX
KennyMac, Commodore

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

Ford customer care center was closed when I called, but it looks like you all may be moving up a slot ;)
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
nic, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling
Still curious how the WT & FE get scheduled, is it by time stamp? Or other factors? (And yes I want my FE now)
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

If I knew a soft top would be wired for a later MIC top I would change, otherwise it is wait and see. (rev 7/14, order 1/21) I may remove my tow package as it can easily be added aftermarket.
Agreed. Ford should run water and wiring for hard tops on all Broncos no matter the top when ordered.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Pakrat, nic

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

If theyre going to sell 100k units a year and you want them to add $5.00 in parts and labor that's 1/2 million bucks. I can understand why they dont give anything away for free.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
1Five1 Garage, Commodore

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

If theyre going to sell 100k units a year and you want them to add $5.00 in parts and labor that's 1/2 million bucks. I can understand why they dont give anything away for free.
Yeah they would also sell more aftermarket hard tops because they would be pre plumbed for it. Especially since half the models come with a soft top already.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Commodore

Rank IV

May 15, 2021

Didn't they already throw in $400+ "Sound Deadening Headliners" to try to satisfy the masses? Seems like people would have been happier with the $5 and spending an additional $1800 later.
gizmohd, AcesandEights

Rank II

May 15, 2021

Background

July Production Notes
I have reached out twice now to my dealership with questions about limited items. I ordered the 2 door black Diamond with the tow package and am willing to remove it, but my dealer said that the tow package is only an issue with the Bronco Sport....who to believe. My reservation time and date is July 14th 6:11 am. Dealership also told me that the Ford rep said my build should probably be in August with a Sept/October delivery. Who to believe ?
1Five1 Garage, TK1215

Rank V

May 15, 2021

I have reached out twice now to my dealership with questions about limited items. I ordered the 2 door black Diamond with the tow package and am willing to remove it, but my dealer said that the tow package is only an issue with the Bronco Sport....who to believe. My reservation time and date is July 14th 6:11 am. Dealership also told me that the Ford rep said my build should probably be in August with a Sept/October delivery. Who to believe ?

The Ford rep at our Dealership told them ALL broncos order before the end of March will be build for this year. Being that I built a FULLY loaded Badlands, I can see mine being cannibalized for other builds (meaning they aren't gonna hold parts for just my build). As long as there is a Sin... I will be on hold. especially sense they doubled the First editions from 3500 to 7000, and the Priority BS.

7/13 10pm est reservation. 1/20 9am est Order.... 2022 delivery maybe? sounds fair right?
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Commodore

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

The Ford rep at our Dealership told them ALL broncos order before the end of March will be build for this year. Being that I built a FULLY loaded Badlands, I can see mine being cannibalized for other builds (meaning they aren't gonna hold parts for just my build). As long as there is a Sin... I will be on hold. especially sense they doubled the First editions from 3500 to 7000.
Hey, don’t blame it on the FE people, the only thing that the FE takes from the BL is the sway bar disconnect. :sneaky:
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Commodore

Rank V

May 15, 2021

They wired the aux switches and 75% of them will NEVER be used.
Pakrat, nic

Rank V

May 15, 2021

Aren't they supposed to have all the rough production dates for this year figured out by the end of May?
JMDESROCH, KennyMac

Rank V

May 15, 2021

Hey, don’t blame it on the FE people, the only thing that the FE takes from the BL is the sway bar disconnect. :sneaky:
Not that they ae taking items from it just the priorities due to the FE. LOL Mine is pretty much a FE with a Badlands badge. Fully loaded BL.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

Not that they ae taking items from it just the priorities due to the FE. LOL Mine is pretty much a FE with a Badlands badge. Fully loaded BL.
Nice! Mines just a more expensive fully loaded Badlands.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank V

May 15, 2021

Nice! Mines just a more expensive fully loaded Badlands.
That Badge will get you every time. ) BL badge 200.00... FE badge 2000.00... lol
Commodore, TK1215