Krawler's Edge Cage?

moretacospleasethanks
Aug 06, 2020

Rank II

Aug 06, 2020

Anyone here have one of the Krawler's Edge/Kincer Chassis family style cages? I like the idea of moving to shoulder belts, especially in the back for my daughter. Those guys look like they're a pretty top-notch fab shop. If you've got one, I'd love to hear what you think of it, and would love to see pics!

Thanks
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 06, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Anyone here have one of the Krawler's Edge/Kincer Chassis family style cages? I like the idea of moving to shoulder belts, especially in the back for my daughter. Those guys look like they're a pretty top-notch fab shop. If you've got one, I'd love to hear what you think of it, and would love to see pics!

Thanks
do yo have any extra info?

Rank II

Aug 15, 2020

do yo have any extra info?
Hey Commodore,

I haven't heard anything. This is the cage: https://krawlersedge.com/early-bronco-sport-cages-with-built-in-seatbelt-harness/
It's made by the folks that built the Jay Leno Bronco that was at SEMA last year.
I've read a little bit of internet chatter about it - mostly concerns comparing the design to a 6-point cage, but I'm mainly looking for an upgrade to my old school single roll bar that'll give me shoulder belts in the back. My Bronco doesn't see the kind of action that I think a legit 6-point cage is designed for. I'm more of a forest service road kind of guy than a rock crawler.

I'm getting close to ordering one - I need another couple paychecks before I can pull the trigger though.
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

Hey Commodore,

I haven't heard anything. This is the cage: https://krawlersedge.com/early-bronco-sport-cages-with-built-in-seatbelt-harness/
It's made by the folks that built the Jay Leno Bronco that was at SEMA last year.
I've read a little bit of internet chatter about it - mostly concerns comparing the design to a 6-point cage, but I'm mainly looking for an upgrade to my old school single roll bar that'll give me shoulder belts in the back. My Bronco doesn't see the kind of action that I think a legit 6-point cage is designed for. I'm more of a forest service road kind of guy than a rock crawler.

I'm getting close to ordering one - I need another couple paychecks before I can pull the trigger though.
Yep! Cool!
At a thousand dollars plus shipping I can understand why...(Ha Ha)

Rank II

Aug 15, 2020

Yep! Cool!
At a thousand dollars plus shipping I can understand why...(Ha Ha)
Haha - yeah. I've been debating it for over a year now because of the price. I'm thinking it's worth it though if it gets the family out in the Bronco.
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

Haha - yeah. I've been debating it for over a year now because of the price. I'm thinking it's worth it though if it gets the family out in the Bronco.
Yep ...SAFETY
That’s the main objective!
moretacospleasethanks

Rank 0

Aug 16, 2020

I am thinking about getting the KrawlersEdge cage. Love the design and shoulder belt attachments.
moretacospleasethanks, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 16, 2020

I am thinking about getting the KrawlersEdge cage. Love the design and shoulder belt attachments.
Me too!
I want to see an installed version (anybody?)
moretacospleasethanks

Rank II

Aug 16, 2020

Right on! If you end up with one, let us know. I'll do the same.

Rank 0

Sep 24, 2021

Installed shoulder belts after the top was put back one. It`s a nice bar.

Attachments

Rank V

Sep 24, 2021

KrawlersEdge makes some great cages, but for my needs I purchased a Tom's Bronco family cage. After welding everything together and getting excited to send off to powder coating I forgot to weld in the seatbelt bungs. Not wanting to damage the powder coating I came up with another solution to use a heim bung welded to a split collar tube clamp I purchased off Amazon. It would work 4 most any family style cage in the rear to attach a three point seat belt.

Attachments

I thought I retired, then I started restoring my Bronco!
69 Bronco Sport Wagon 351w 3spd on the floor,
2nd owner same family!