Just how late is "late availability"?

timinbovey
Dec 26, 2020

Rank 0

Dec 26, 2020

I'm looking at ordering a Big Bend soon. I have only bought red Fords for the last 40+ years, so naturally I need one in Rapid Red, which says "late availability". My dealer doesn't seem to know... just how late is late availability? I'm hoping to time my purchase with paying off two other vehicles, so I'd like to shoot for delivery around April, and was told I should place my order in January. But if red is going to take months more I'm going to have to either settle for another color or adjust my expectations. Anyone know how late this may be?
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020

Rank 0

Dec 26, 2020

Delivery around April, 2021?
Not gonna happen.
Even the non late availability won't be out before summer.

Rank V

Dec 26, 2020

1608954345041.jpeg
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
RedCo, BuzzyBud

Rank 0

Dec 26, 2020

Delivery around April, 2021?
Not gonna happen.
Even the non late availability won't be out before summer.

???? Both dealers near me have Bronco Sports on the lot ready to go. One is exactly how I would equip one if I we're to order it, except it's not red. So clearly some are out and available before summer. Was told 3-4 months from ordering date but that didn't account for ordering anything with the late availability note on it.

Rank 0

Dec 26, 2020

Oops. Wrong forum.
I thought this was under the full-size Bronco category.
My bad.
Buckin'

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 26, 2020

Oops. Wrong forum.
My bad.
Haha, that has gotten me several times too.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Gottahavabronco

Rank 0

Dec 26, 2020

Oops. Wrong forum.
My bad.

Yup. I was already thinking the too, LOL. I don't want to settle for Area 51 if I could have red by, say, mid summer.

Rank V

Dec 27, 2020

Yup. I was already thinking the too, LOL. I don't want to settle for Area 51 if I could have red by, say, mid summer.
Where did you see late availability for Rapid Red?

Rank 0

Dec 27, 2020

Where did you see late availability for Rapid Red?
When I was up at the dealership in Hibbing, MN a couple weeks ago the salesperson gave me the only brochure they had. It's a 20 page full color booklet "Introducing the all-new 2021 Bronco Sport...." "Intended for dealership personnel only to inform consumers and cannot be used in advertising....."
As I look at the various options and colors available, Rapid Red, Alto Blue (these two not available in base) and Cyber Orange Metallic (For Badlands) all state "Late Availability". When I inquired at my local dealer he wasn't sure how late that meant. I should probably check back and find out what they've learned in the last
couple weeks. Also, as you all probably know, these three colors are extra cost options.

Rank V

Dec 27, 2020

When I was up at the dealership in Hibbing, MN a couple weeks ago the salesperson gave me the only brochure they had. It's a 20 page full color booklet "Introducing the all-new 2021 Bronco Sport...." "Intended for dealership personnel only to inform consumers and cannot be used in advertising....."
As I look at the various options and colors available, Rapid Red, Alto Blue (these two not available in base) and Cyber Orange Metallic (For Badlands) all state "Late Availability". When I inquired at my local dealer he wasn't sure how late that meant. I should probably check back and find out what they've learned in the last
couple weeks. Also, as you all probably know, these three colors are extra cost options.
Good news that’s no longer the case. Alto Blue, Rapid Red and Cyber Orange became available for scheduling October 22. So it shouldn’t be an issue. The cargo management system is also available if you’re interested.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 17, 2021

???? Both dealers near me have Bronco Sports on the lot ready to go. One is exactly how I would equip one if I we're to order it, except it's not red. So clearly some are out and available before summer. Was told 3-4 months from ordering date but that didn't account for ordering anything with the late availability note on it.
There are quite a few sports in the Indianapolis area for sale ,the one we really wanted is on the showroom in carbonized gray that cant sell so the dealership has one being built that is iconic silver so we are taking it ,we could go buy one right now but doesn't have a moonroof. So waiting for our sport and waiting to order our big one this week
Ponds