Just got back from Austin (August 17-18)

ZA-Val
Aug 20, 2021

Rank IV

Aug 20, 2021

So many people have already posted incredible photos so I won’t repeat the ones I did get on the trails but I just wanted to say that if anyone reading this isn’t sure about going or not, sign up and go you won’t regret it! Here’s a little review for what it’s worth:

Use the coordinates in the email to find the location if you are driving there on your own, there is no GPS address. I put it into google maps on my phone and I had no issue finding it. The only thing that I would count as a slight negative is that there is a point on day one that you have to climb up a hill that has dirt/mud and rocks. I am fortunate that I am able bodied and was able to do it easily but I always have in mind how people with a disability or otherwise limited mobility would be able to handle something like this. I am not disabled but I am clumsy so I was crossing fingers I didn’t slip and bust my a$$ and die—of embarrassment. If anyone from Off-Roadeo is reading this I would suggest that there is a disclaimer upon signup for this location that this is a requirement or if there is another option such as someone driving the person up that hill that would be OK. Someone else I was chatting with at dinner that night mentioned the same thing, that at least give people a heads up so they are aware.

The group we had was on the smaller side so myself and a few others who have/ordered a Badlands Sport on order were asked if we wanted to drive the big Broncos instead. Of course I said yes! Although I would have been happy to drive a sport, this opportunity to drive a big Bronco on the trails that they are made for in a controlled environment I had to take. Although none of the staff said this, I am guessing that if even one person in the group opted for the sport that we would all have to do trails that could accommodate the lower ground clearance since we go as a group. At the end of the event I was able to go over the inside of the sport and the features with a staff member and I had also asked questions during the drive about what the sport could and couldn’t handle on the terrain we were on. I was assured that the Badlands Sport is very capable and its not that it can’t ascend or put good use to the rear lockers and 4x4 its limitation is ground clearance in some circumstances. If one isn’t planning on driving over huge obstacles or are expert enough to be able to judge clearance on their vehicle they can do a lot more with the sport than they would think.

I was able to drive my own vehicle because I came alone, those that came with other licensed drivers were able to swap if they wanted, it was one car per group not per person. Just wanted to clear that up because I have seen on some sites that people think their 3 guests also get their own vehicle. Because I was on my own I had Mia ride with me on day 2 and for the life of me I can’t remember the lady that was with me on day 1 (I’m so bad with names). They were so nice and very knowledgeable about the features of the vehicle. Some may think that they are being “babysat’ since they have a staff member with them at times if attending alone but I was happy for the guidance as my past off-road experience consists of driving on unpaved roads.

The other staff working there Jon, Mike and some others who’s names escape me were awesome as well. I had the opportunity to ask Mike a ton of questions and was the Bronco encyclopedia and has the patience of a saint. Jon is an expert at off-roading and any questions you can think of about off-roading and especially recovery, ask away I’d be surprised if he didn’t know the answer. These gentlemen also spot you at different points on the trail to instruct how to best clear a section and what features to use in the vehicle to overcome the obstacle.

Each day at the end of the session food is served and it was good, better than I expected. You also get a $250 credit to spend in the shop but you have to use it all at once. Your card is charged and then you get refunded a few weeks later as I was told. I didn’t know this until the next day so if using a debit card just keep that in mind.

In the end it was an incredible experience and I even went and placed a reservation for a big Bronco when I got home since I loved it so much. Being able to experience the vehicle and see the differences between the models and options will save me money when I actually build and take delivery because I know for sure I will never go up steep rocky hills like I did here so I don’t need a higher model, Sasquatch, etc. If I had just done build and price blindly I for sure would have ordered options I didn’t need and will probably never use.

For those still with me, thanks for reading! It really was a fun two days and looking forward to the next one sometime next year.2E8EF13A-D6A6-4D43-AB18-690BA855DE9C.jpeg
Jakob1972, Ditchrunner
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021

Rank II

Aug 23, 2021

I ended up getting several refunds: at 12.50 overcharge due to the initial guest costs were $595 and it was dropped to $395, so beside the 12.50, I also received a $200 refund. Lastly, I also received the $150 deposit refund also. I applied the $250 accessory money to my 1st guest and for whatever reason, it never happened. That is why the called, to process that refund also. The Bronco Off-Roadeo is an outstanding experience and they have outstanding instructors. I had Cory who was fantastic and very helpful. The Off-Roadeo is very good at processing the refunds-not fast, but good. Be patient. If you have any problems or questions, call them. They will help! 888-260-5744. If you do not get an answer, you can hold and worst case, leave a message. They will call back. Great customer service!!

Attachments

Ditchrunner, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Aug 24, 2021

I just filled out my info for the Off-Roadeo since I just got my build date and Vin # from Ford. Any clue how long it will take for me to be able to book a reservation for the Off-Roadeo?
NickP

Rank II

Aug 24, 2021

Verify you filled out everything online and then call (888) 260-5744 for assistance. They had to help me because my email was not entered by the dealer. Mine was fixed quickly. They were very helpful to get everything set up to where I could go back in and pick from the available dates.
KitaRay

Rank V

Aug 24, 2021

That’s awesome they hooked you up with the full size Bronco! It’s really a great little “wheeling experience” especially if you’re only just getting into the off-road game.

In regards to your Badlands Sport, I honestly gained a lot of respect for the Sport after seeing the video of it in Moab. That rear locker will get you a lot further than you’d honestly want to go lol.
iambluto

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2021

That’s awesome they hooked you up with the full size Bronco! It’s really a great little “wheeling experience” especially if you’re only just getting into the off-road game.

In regards to your Badlands Sport, I honestly gained a lot of respect for the Sport after seeing the video of it in Moab. That rear locker will get you a lot further than you’d honestly want to go lol.

The sport is incredibly capable, the main limitations would be if someone is looking to do some serious rock crawling. I want something fit for sand and snow and this definitely fits the bill. I don’t need the big bronco for that but I really enjoyed it and knowing that it will likely be a year or more before delivery I can order now and if the time comes and I change my mind I’m sure my dealer won’t be upset to let me out of the contract and add it to their dealer stock to sell at over MSRP or I’ll just sell it to a cash buyer.
iambluto, NickP

Rank II

Aug 25, 2021

The sport is incredibly capable, the main limitations would be if someone is looking to do some serious rock crawling. I want something fit for sand and snow and this definitely fits the bill. I don’t need the big bronco for that but I really enjoyed it and knowing that it will likely be a year or more before delivery I can order now and if the time comes and I change my mind I’m sure my dealer won’t be upset to let me out of the contract and add it to their dealer stock to sell at over MSRP or I’ll just sell it to a cash buyer.
I plan to do some simple off roading to see some sites in Colorado. No extreme rock crawling for me intentionally. So the Badlands Sport is fine. You are right about turning down the vehicle for the full size Bronco-I am seeing people pick up Sports that people did not want to take because they either got their full size Bronco or were tired of waiting. There is a huge market with little inventory. Enjoy whatever you get!