Champion I

Jul 13, 2020
Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Brooks
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Just installed these yellow Ambull shackles. Actually match cyber orange pretty well. AMBULL Shackles Upgrade 3/4" D Ring Shackle (2 Pack) 70,000 lbs Break Strength with 7/8" Pin, Isolator and Washer Kits for Use with Tow Strap, Winch, Off-Road Truck Vehicle Recovery, Yellow

Attachments

Padams7

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Why aren't folks using the soft shackles?
Many people, Jeeps included, use shackles as an accent piece as well. Color matching them to their accent color of choice helps to personalize and tie in the color.

It’s something they can install, and not worry too much about taking off, and they are at the ready should they need to be used. Plus it works as an attachment point for your hook to hang from should you have a winch.

I don’t think I’ll hang my D Rings from my bumper, and will probably use/have some soft shackles, I do have some D Rings, but I keep them in the drawer with my winch controller.

Reactions: Bt_ostate

robatl067

Rank III

Advocate II

Feb 10, 2021
Georgia, USA
First Name
rob
Last Name
atl
Member #

Good question. soft shackles don't look as cool. Plus they will fall off. Most folks will never use the Hard shackles and that's OK I will have both as there is a time and place for each.
I have am additional pair of soft shackles in case the jeep doesn't have shackles.

• Love
Reactions: Jakob1972