Joes Garage.

14U
May 03, 2021

Member 2541 Jerry

May 03, 2021

Joes Garage.

Lol, no my name isn’t joe.
As I sit here with my morning coffee. I’m scrolling thru the threads I may have missed,
WOW do we have a lot of threads.
I’ve seen a multitude of threads that wander over to AM purchases.
“After Market purchases” which is always great to see what members have found and intend to outfit on their rigs.
I’m generally not that guy. Sure drivetrain AMs are something that I have no engineering background capabilities to improve on.
But I’ve found over the past decades, that the “most” innovative ideas I’ve seen were custom built in some obscure shop at the end of the road. Welding,fiberglass work,upholstery,wiring,engine rebuilding. Basically of the 20+ friends/enthusiasts, half of them come from a trade of some sort.
These shops/garages/hangouts are everywhere. The great advantage of these little shops is to get something custom built for you. But where are the ideas ?
I would love to see them and talk about them.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: May 03, 2021

Member 2541 Jerry

May 03, 2021

Just an example...
I have a 65 mustang convertible.
When you put the top down, you’ve lost your rear speaker area, as that is where the top folds into.
My hack around idea.
I found an old beat up trunk deck at a swap meet.
My plan
Hideaway speakers that pop up from the trunk deck, somewhat like the hideaway headlights on a stingray.
Will it work, lol yeah probably,
Will it leak when closed ? Lol probably.
Min not wanting to spin to Mustang talk,
Just looking for custom ideas.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, TK1215

Life is a Highway

May 03, 2021

Just an example...
I have a 65 mustang convertible.
When you put the top down, you’ve lost your rear speaker area, as that is where the top folds into.
My hack around idea.
I found an old beat up trunk deck at a swap meet.
My plan
Hideaway speakers that pop up from the trunk deck, somewhat like the hideaway headlights on a stingray.
Will it work, lol yeah probably,
Will it leak when closed ? Lol probably.
Min not wanting to spin to Mustang talk,
Just looking for custom ideas.
all conversations lead to the Mustang!
Bronc96, Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 03, 2021

all conversations lead to the Mustang!

Mustang is the answer to the questions never asked, just like Miata
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronc96, TK1215

Slickrock withdraws

May 03, 2021

I was hoping this was a music thread!

Attachments

2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
Bronc96, 14U

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 03, 2021

I was hoping this was a music thread!

Reminds me of Thanksgiving/Xmas of '11, did seasonal work for UPS delivering packages and listened to Frank Zappa during my routes
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Sven, Bronc96

Wank ER

May 03, 2021

Reminds me of Thanksgiving/Xmas of '11, did seasonal work for UPS delivering packages and listened to Frank Zappa during my routes
;)And just like that....a thread is killed. After market to idea sharing to mustang to Frank Zappa to the winter of 2011. Wow that was quick.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Bronc96, TK1215

Moab or bust!!!

May 03, 2021

Joes Garage.

Lol, no my name isn’t joe.
As I sit here with my morning coffee. I’m scrolling thru the threads I may have missed,
WOW do we have a lot of threads.
I’ve seen a multitude of threads that wander over to AM purchases.
“After Market purchases” which is always great to see what members have found and intend to outfit on their rigs.
I’m generally not that guy. Sure drivetrain AMs are something that I have no engineering background capabilities to improve on.
But I’ve found over the past decades, that the “most” innovative ideas I’ve seen were custom built in some obscure shop at the end of the road. Welding,fiberglass work,upholstery,wiring,engine rebuilding. Basically of the 20+ friends/enthusiasts, half of them come from a trade of some sort.
These shops/garages/hangouts are everywhere. The great advantage of these little shops is to get something custom built for you. But where are the ideas ?
I would love to see them and talk about them.
For me, it's tough to think of answers to questions that I don't know yet. It takes me time with something to understand shortcomings or areas that just don't work for me. I know I'm concerned about removing and storing the top when not in use plus the doors. I have limited space in the garage so hoisting the top to the garage ceiling may be what I need to do. I would like a very easy system to do that. Also thinking about a location to store the doors on the wall possibly. There will be aftermarket systems created just for the Bronco to do all those things I'm sure.
Others are concerned about a flat area in the back of both the 2 and 4 doors plus removing the seats. I'm sure the AM will take care of those too. Will they include some type of lockable storage while solving the flat floor issue? Not sure, but possible.

As they say, you don't know what you don't know.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

May 03, 2021

I was checking out different tent, setups and came across this one on the back of a travel trailer. Looks to be some how to be a fold up base. Likely a reciever hitch could support the vehicle half.23941B91-C05F-4291-96D8-760176562222.png
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Wank ER

May 03, 2021

That looks cool. I am interested in looking into this option. Not far on the price difference, and I do not like the idea of people crawling up and down my rig i.e. dents, scratches, going up and down, and when nature calls in the middle of the night.
https://www.themanual.com/outdoors/hitch-tent-rooftop-tent-platform/
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Life is a Highway

May 03, 2021

For me, it's tough to think of answers to questions that I don't know yet. It takes me time with something to understand shortcomings or areas that just don't work for me. I know I'm concerned about removing and storing the top when not in use plus the doors. I have limited space in the garage so hoisting the top to the garage ceiling may be what I need to do. I would like a very easy system to do that. Also thinking about a location to store the doors on the wall possibly. There will be aftermarket systems created just for the Bronco to do all those things I'm sure.
Others are concerned about a flat area in the back of both the 2 and 4 doors plus removing the seats. I'm sure the AM will take care of those too. Will they include some type of lockable storage while solving the flat floor issue? Not sure, but possible.

As they say, you don't know what you don't know.
Maybe a rack similar to the ones used to hold replacement windshields
Deano Bronc, Bronc96