Issues with my dealer…

Broncobuster13
Jul 16, 2021

Rank II

Jul 16, 2021

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why my dealer would not provide me with the PDF of my order? They took it over the phone, I can see it’s placed on the Ford site, but now they won’t email me over the order sheet with my priority code, etc…anyone else had to deal with this, and can Ford customer service get me that sheet?
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021

Home, home on the range

Jul 16, 2021

Wow yeah I'd have issues with that too. My dealership has had no problems emailing mine to me. I just asked, and within minutes it's in my email box. I've made changes and have gotten an updated sheet each time. No I don't think Ford can do anything.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

That’s an easy lift on their part, I would ask for an articulable reason why it cannot be provided for your records of this business transaction. Some folks just seem to enjoy making things difficult. Not sure about Ford CS getting that for you, but my first thought is thats a no go. Good luck.

Rank II

Jul 16, 2021

Wow yeah I'd have issues with that too. My dealership has had no problems emailing mine to me. I just asked, and within minutes it's in my email box. I've made changes and have gotten an updated sheet each time. No I don't think Ford can do anything.
That’s what I was thinking. I’d have already switched dealers by now, but my order is already placed (no VIN though) so I’m stuck. I’d just eat my reservation deposit and move on but I’m worried I’ll get pushed into a 23MY AND get stuck with a ridiculous markup.
jimFish, Cheeselog

Libations MOD

Jul 16, 2021

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why my dealer would not provide me with the PDF of my order? They took it over the phone, I can see it’s placed on the Ford site, but now they won’t email me over the order sheet with my priority code, etc…anyone else had to deal with this, and can Ford customer service get me that sheet?
I've made 3 changes plus my original order and got a summary every single time via email
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
gizmohd, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

Similar experience; called for over a month, no response/call back, sent loads of emails, I mean how hard is it to pdf or even jpeg, etc a build sheet and send it over. I wanted my build sheet and I wanted to talk through their allotment and see where exactly my build sits in their allocation. I got a different story from each sales person on the phone.
Finally went in to the dealer and sat down with the original person that entered my order. This person was not the bronco lead at the time, but had done a bunch of orders. The bronco lead or sales lead had since left the dealership. They were very helpful, they tried to talk me out of my build, but I guess in their mind, a wildtrak build is just a tough one and they have lots of wildtraks in their order bank. Tried to talk me out of the Lux package, and other stuff, but I ordered what I want because that is what I want. On one hand I understand that many dealers have lots of people wanting information, but to be honest when i see all the people post about how helpful their dealers are, it is just another thorn in the side with this whole catastrophe.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
SlashRacer, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with my dealer. They've given me a very basic text document listing my build details, but it's not the sheet everyone else seems to have. I've not been informed what my priority code is despite me repeatedly asking for the official build sheet. I got the email from Ford saying that my order was confirmed, but the dealer feigns ignorance every time I press for more info or documentation. It is very frustrating and I'll likely never use them again.
I haven't talked to my salesperson in person yet. I haven't signed anything. It's just been emails back and forth.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

I changed my order twice, was emailed an email with the order breakdown with price for me to sign and email back to them each time.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 17, 2021

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with my dealer. They've given me a very basic text document listing my build details, but it's not the sheet everyone else seems to have. I've not been informed what my priority code is despite me repeatedly asking for the official build sheet. I got the email from Ford saying that my order was confirmed, but the dealer feigns ignorance every time I press for more info or documentation. It is very frustrating and I'll likely never use them again.
I haven't talked to my salesperson in person yet. I haven't signed anything. It's just been emails back and forth.
Sounds like an in person meeting is in order. Face to face, ask to see the details of your order as it stands in the system. 12 seconds of personal interaction can be more effective than 12 months of an email chain.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
jimFish, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 17, 2021

I have an auditory processing disorder. I hear just fine but my brain doesn't process spoken words into usable information. While I'm sure an in-person meeting would be ideal for most people, I need to see things in writing in order to comprehend them, especially in matters as complicated as technical details of a purchase that's going to cost me a year and a half's pay.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Jul 17, 2021

Go in to the dealership

Rank VI

Jul 17, 2021

That’s what I was thinking. I’d have already switched dealers by now, but my order is already placed (no VIN though) so I’m stuck. I’d just eat my reservation deposit and move on but I’m worried I’ll get pushed into a 23MY AND get stuck with a ridiculous markup.
Good news for you. You get your $100 reservation deposit back if you cancel your reservation/order. You have to call Ford Customer Service at (800)392-3673 and request it. Then do another reservation and put a different dealership in. Then go place your order with them. Yes, you lose your prior place in line, but it really won't matter much unless you were going to get a MY21.

EDIT: You can cancel at anytime and still get your reservation deposit back. It could be sitting on the dealership's lot and you can still cancel. AND still get your refund. Ford announced the price protection is still in effect so there is no mark-up if you reserve now. The MSRP is still the same.

Rank V

Jul 17, 2021

I have an auditory processing disorder. I hear just fine but my brain doesn't process spoken words into usable information. While I'm sure an in-person meeting would be ideal for most people, I need to see things in writing in order to comprehend them, especially in matters as complicated as technical details of a purchase that's going to cost me a year and a half's pay.
Yeah, that changes things a little. It's a shame your dealership (and so many others, apparently) sucks so much at simple email communication

Road trip!!!

Jul 17, 2021

I've made 3 changes plus my original order and got a summary every single time via email
Same
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank V

Jul 17, 2021

Have you been speaking exclusively with your salesman or the dealer as a whole?

Also, did they say “no I can’t do that” or have they been unresponsive? There’s a difference. Both can be amended. Call and ask for a sales manager. If the sales manager gives you a runaround excuse, ask for the general manager. Be polite about it, but tell them you’re not going to put up with it much longer.

Rank V

Jul 18, 2021

Also, have you looked into the TTY Telecommunications Relay Service? It sounds perfect for your situation, you can essentially make a phone call where you type and read text, but a translator, if you will, converts your text to speech on a phone call with the other party (in this case, the dealer). It might just be that the dealer isn't good at email communication, but a phone call would put them on the spot. I've dealt with incoming calls from the TTY system before, the operators explain clearly the situation and it was actually quite easy and fluid. Try it before giving up, it's another great communication option.
PSUTE, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jul 20, 2021

UPDATE: After multiple emails, and 2 phone calls, I still have no build sheet. Called Ford customer service to switch dealers and they said there’s a hold and I’m not able to switch. So now I have to decide if I want to completely cancel and reorder, or if I want to just ride it out.

Home, home on the range

Jul 20, 2021

Did your dealership require a deposit to order? If not you could place an order with another dealer and let it ride. There are many that haven't required a deposit (mine did and it was $1000.00 in addition to my $100.00 reservation fee). Good luck with whatever you decide.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank II

Jul 20, 2021

Did your dealership require a deposit to order? If not you could place an order with another dealer and let it ride. There are many that haven't required a deposit (mine did and it was $1000.00 in addition to my $100.00 reservation fee). Good luck with whatever you decide.
No deposit, just the $100. I may just let that one ride for now, place another order with the dealer who actually knows what they’re doing, and then cancel whichever one gets scheduled last. It’s more the principal of my dealer just flat out ignoring me at this point over something so simple.
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

No deposit, just the $100. I may just let that one ride for now, place another order with the dealer who actually knows what they’re doing, and then cancel whichever one gets scheduled last. It’s more the principal of my dealer just flat out ignoring me at this point over something so simple.

Have you been trying to get ahold of your salesman or have you tried talking to management?

If you haven’t asked to speak with a sales manager yet, do so. Explain your frustration to the manager and ask to work with a new sales rep. If the managers are good at their job, they’ll quickly comply with your request and apologize for either their salesman being a turd or the fact that the salesman is no longer working there and nobody else got ahold of your customer file to check in.

If the management is also part of the problem, I highly advise you to leave detailed reviews on Google, Facebook and anywhere else the dealer’s ratings are visible. That’ll get a response faster than going to Ford customer service, unfortunately.