Is there some sort of “Bronco Wave” similar to Jeep?

oldred57

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 21, 2020
Havelock, NC, USA
I’ve noticed over the years that the bronco community is “united but separate”. Yeah we all love our trucks and other peoples trucks but a lot of owners are independent and individual. The jeep crew seems almost cult like in comparison I doubt there’ll be a special wave or anything like that. I notice the “duck” thing is always trying to get started for bronco community but never seems to catch on.

Padams7

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I’ve noticed over the years that the bronco community is “united but separate”. Yeah we all love our trucks and other peoples trucks but a lot of owners are independent and individual. The jeep crew seems almost cult like in comparison I doubt there’ll be a special wave or anything like that. I notice the “duck” thing is always trying to get started for bronco community but never seems to catch on.
I’ll beg to disagree with respect of course Sir Red!

Having owned a Wrangler, and having driven it further than the moon from here, or around the world no less than 10 times, I never thought I was part of a “cult”! Lol

I would wave at other Wranglers, but I would also wave at “Off Road Built” Cherokees, Toyotas, Pathfinders, Rangers, Samurais. Basically Wranglers got a nod, but I also incorporated any other “capable” vehicle into a wave, as a sign of acknowledgement and respect.

Out on the trails, we wave to show courtesy, respect, and you will find more than just a Bronco or a Jeep on a trail, which translated into incorporating that “community” on the paved surfaces.

Other segments of auto culture have waves, nods, etc, as well. So the “wave” isn’t just a Jeep thing.

Having had my Bronco since November, I have waved at Bronco’s and Bronco Sports, I have also waved at a Maverick owner while driving my daughters Maverick, they smiled and waved back.

I don’t think we need to designate a “wave” or a hand gesture to show admiration, respect, courtesy, but I also don’t think we need not to either. Let it be organic!

As far as “bucking” - which is the duck trend, typically with Hot Wheel Broncos, Rubber Duck Horses, Horseshoes, My Little Ponies, and even Pokey from Gumby and Pokey, I participate and think it’s fun. I think it is helping bring others some enjoyment and a smile. The best thing was when my Jeep got ducked, my kids thought it was the coolest thing to happen that day. Now I have some rubber duck horses in a bag with some tags and even at 13, 15, 19 they are excited to see another Bronco and leave this with them.

I grew up working on cars, I’m no mechanic, but I can rebuild and repair my own engines. I come from the days of picking up this months issue of 5.0 Mustang, and reading it front to back. I’d go to car shows and swap meets, I knew Mustang History. Seeing others interested in the Bronco, getting my kids interested in the Bronco and seeing that community is great.

There are alot more cars on the road, there are soccer moms driving Wranglers and Broncos, Teenage Girls getting them for their Sweet 16’s who will never off road them. Men that strap 35’s on 24’s with rock lighting who will never take it on a gravel road, let alone a trail. But at the end of the day, I can appreciate the community of like minded individuals, their tastes, and I will shoot them a wave to say “hi, I see you, we aren’t that different” or I can let my kids put a little Horse on a Bronco Sport because they spotted it across the parking lot. Because it gets them to see there is more to this world than themselves!

So, give a wave, Buck a Bronco, Buck a Jeep! See that Taco with the Roof Top Tent? He isn’t so different!

oldred57

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 21, 2020
Havelock, NC, USA

Having owned a Wrangler, and having driven it further than the moon from here, or around the world no less than 10 times, I never thought I was part of a “cult”! Lol

I would wave at other Wranglers, but I would also wave at “Off Road Built” Cherokees, Toyotas, Pathfinders, Rangers, Samurais. Basically Wranglers got a nod, but I also incorporated any other “capable” vehicle into a wave, as a sign of acknowledgement and respect.

Out on the trails, we wave to show courtesy, respect, and you will find more than just a Bronco or a Jeep on a trail, which translated into incorporating that “community” on the paved surfaces.

Other segments of auto culture have waves, nods, etc, as well. So the “wave” isn’t just a Jeep thing.

Having had my Bronco since November, I have waved at Bronco’s and Bronco Sports, I have also waved at a Maverick owner while driving my daughters Maverick, they smiled and waved back.

I don’t think we need to designate a “wave” or a hand gesture to show admiration, respect, courtesy, but I also don’t think we need not to either. Let it be organic!

As far as “bucking” - which is the duck trend, typically with Hot Wheel Broncos, Rubber Duck Horses, Horseshoes, My Little Ponies, and even Pokey from Gumby and Pokey, I participate and think it’s fun. I think it is helping bring others some enjoyment and a smile. The best thing was when my Jeep got ducked, my kids thought it was the coolest thing to happen that day. Now I have some rubber duck horses in a bag with some tags and even at 13, 15, 19 they are excited to see another Bronco and leave this with them.

I grew up working on cars, I’m no mechanic, but I can rebuild and repair my own engines. I come from the days of picking up this months issue of 5.0 Mustang, and reading it front to back. I’d go to car shows and swap meets, I knew Mustang History. Seeing others interested in the Bronco, getting my kids interested in the Bronco and seeing that community is great.

There are alot more cars on the road, there are soccer moms driving Wranglers and Broncos, Teenage Girls getting them for their Sweet 16’s who will never off road them. Men that strap 35’s on 24’s with rock lighting who will never take it on a gravel road, let alone a trail. But at the end of the day, I can appreciate the community of like minded individuals, their tastes, and I will shoot them a wave to say “hi, I see you, we aren’t that different” or I can let my kids put a little Horse on a Bronco Sport because they spotted it across the parking lot. Because it gets them to see there is more to this world than themselves!

So, give a wave, Buck a Bronco, Buck a Jeep! See that Taco with the Roof Top Tent? He isn’t so different!
Lot of good points! Also don’t think I was knocking the jeep crowd. They really are a good bunch. Hard to find a closer knit auto community.

Rexen

Rank IV

Champion III

Apr 22, 2021
Michigan
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
BAIN
Member #

FANTASTIC! I could not agree more!

Reactions: Padams7

AcesandEights

Rank V

Champion I

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
I've owned three Wranglers, a Cherokee and a Scout. I've been driving 4x4 rigs for 35 years and I've never considered it a "Jeep" wave. It's always been an off road thing.

I almost never wave in town, only off pavement, and it has nothing to do with "brand". If I am going to wave to people I want to give them acknowledgment, maybe for a nice looking rig, but it has nothing to do with "brand".

I think, generally, the "wave" as a culture is a poseur thing. It's so people feel validated by the vehicle they drive (egoism, consumerism, look-at-me culture), but that validation is exchanged between mall-crawlers and city-folks. Folks that wave, that are using their rigs as designed (if you consider that rig an "off road" rig) wave regardless of brand. Folks driving through town looking for their Jeep or Bronco-brethren aren't the folks I would want waving to me, and they're going to wonder why they don't "get" a wave back.

So, if you' drive a Jeep, or a Bronco, or a Land Rover, or anything else and you want to wave because you drive a similar vehicle, that's a different thing than the "wave" as I know it. That's a city-folk, look-at-me, wave. If that's the case, it ought to be the most flamboyant, look-at-me, wave you can come up with. You should also be smiling and showing as many teeth as you can.

Last edited:

JRHopp

Rank IV

Supporter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
I'm officially done with BN. I was making a mostly humorous suggestion and this guy @AcesandEights decides that he needs to write a diatribe on the "Jeep" wave (which is a thing by the way). Don't take shit so seriously.

Reactions: 907Ford

AcesandEights

Rank V

Champion I

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
@JRHopp, since you're done, you won't see this, but for those that do...don't take shit so serious...oh wait... I can post my thoughts and opinions too, right, or just parrot others?

Padams7

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'm officially done with BN. I was making a mostly humorous suggestion and this guy @AcesandEights decides that he needs to write a diatribe on the "Jeep" wave (which is a thing by the way). Don't take shit so seriously.

Just ignore those you don’t like, or block them. Makes it easier, and there is a lot of good in the community.