Is it true that you cannot replace the stock plastic bumper on a Base Bronco with a Modular Ford upgrade bumper?

glennmann
Feb 10, 2022

Rank III

Feb 10, 2022

I read that somewhere and cannot locate that source. There seemed to be some fit or compatibility issues with an upgrade but was not an issue when ordering as a build with a new Bronco.
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2022

Rank II

Feb 10, 2022

I read that there isn't a part number for a complete bumper assembly. You would have to order dozens of separate pieces. Many of those would be on backorder.

Aftermarket probably a better option.

I'm hoping that by the end of the year there will be reasonably priced steel aftermarket ones available. Jeep bumpers seem to be priced much lower.

Rank III

Feb 10, 2022

Sold a 2dr Basesquatch and customer decided to upgrade to modular bumper in order to add metal skid plates. I want to say it was around $900-$1k for the bumper install and all the many pieces.

Rank 0

Feb 11, 2022

I went to my dealer and confirmed that you have to individually piece together the entire package. In all, the total coast comes to $2645.23 before taxes. This includes $755 for the bumper assembly. The rest are bolts, clips, rivets, covers, plates, retainer clips. Keep in mind, none of this includes installation. None of the factory plastic bumper bolts and clips carry over to the modular bumper. I'm seriously considering just going after marker. There are four or five different vendors that all seem to be in the $1000 to $1800 range.
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Feb 11, 2022

I went to my dealer and confirmed that you have to individually piece together the entire package. In all, the total coast comes to $2645.23 before taxes. This includes $755 for the bumper assembly. The rest are bolts, clips, rivets, covers, plates, retainer clips. Keep in mind, none of this includes installation. None of the factory plastic bumper bolts and clips carry over to the modular bumper. I'm seriously considering just going after marker. There are four or five different vendors that all seem to be in the $1000 to $1800 range.
Wait a bit to see if competition drives the price down. Remember the days of making a bumper out of steel pipe?
sterusmall, Bronco 202?

Rank 0

Feb 11, 2022

I just parted everything out on TascaParts.com and the total came out to $1725. Maybe a better option versus going through the dealership.
Bronco 202?

Rank V

Feb 13, 2022

I ordered the modular bumper with sasquatch pkg on my base model from the get go out of the factory, only problem is they haven't built it yet

Rank II

Feb 13, 2022

There's a winch ready stubby front bumper advertised on the web for about $1100. I think that's a better option for me. I just didn't like mod bumper.

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Feb 13, 2022

My guess is Ford Accessories or Performance Parts will have a kit available eventually so you won't have to piece it all together, which should make it a more reasonable price. They're still working on and adding new accessories and kits all the time.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 13, 2022

Wait a bit to see if competition drives the price down. Remember the days of making a bumper out of steel pipe?
Yup and guys thought they were cool looking. :ROFLMAO:
ABQNMBronco

Rank IV

Apr 07, 2022

I recently purchased the skid plate package for my Bronco and it came with the front skid and the engine skid that mount to the Modular bumper, which I already have. I plan to sell the two skid plates I do not need if you’re interested.
Cactus Gray, 4Dr, Basesquatch, Mod Bumper, Aux Switches, Roof Rack: Reservation: 13 JUL 21 / 1st Order: 12 JUL 21 / 2nd Order: 21 OCT 21 / Build: 13 JAN 22 / Shipped: 20 JAN 22 / Delivered: 2 FEB 22

Rank II

Apr 27, 2022

you'll also have to either replace your intercooler mounts or cut off the front d rings.
thebronconation.com/forums/threads/aftermarket-bumper-list-factory-add-ons-and-compatibilities-with-sensors.11149/

Rank 0

Sep 27, 2022

20220916_145126.jpg

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 27, 2022

You might have luck looking for a take off from someone who replaced theirs. Another reason we need a swapmeet forum on this board...
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
LoneRanger, sterusmall