Is Ford Honoring 2021 MSRP pricing?

TX1968
Mar 02, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 02, 2022

Got an email in October 2021 that anyone who had a 2021 order moved to 2022 will get 2021 MSRP pricing. Just received the window sticker for my badlands sasquatch and the base price on the vehicle is 44,840 and $4090 for the sasquatch package which appears to be an increase from the 2021 pricing by Ford. Has anyone who picked up a 2022 dealt with this issue? Did you have to contact Ford?
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 02, 2022

Home, home on the range

Mar 02, 2022

Got an email in October 2021 that anyone who had a 2021 order moved to 2022 will get 2021 MSRP pricing. Just received the window sticker for my badlands sasquatch and the base price on the vehicle is 44,840 and $4090 for the sasquatch package which appears to be an increase from the 2021 pricing by Ford. Has anyone who picked up a 2022 dealt with this issue? Did you have to contact Ford?
I completed my purchase on 2/25. Your build if ordered before March 19th 2021 should have the rebate when you go to take delivery. I had my original build sheet that the dealer printed out when I ordered in January of 21. My dealership honored that, plus applied the rebate.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TX1968

Rank V

Mar 05, 2022

My dealer had issues getting the rebate added so they knocked a little bit off. Then, about later, Ford sent me a check for the rebate amount.
Big Papa, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Mar 12, 2022

I ordered in October of 2021, just a few days after ordering opened for the 2022 model year.

I don't think I fall under Ford's price protection, by my dealer has assured me that I am guaranteed to lower MSRP on my vehicle, now standing at $55,110 after I just had him delete the trailer tow package, rather than the newer, higher MSRP of $56,860 that is shown on the B&P for my current configuration and also on the sheet he had me sign to authorize the change.

But I think it is the dealership holding to the old MSRP rather than Ford. This is a dealership that has gone to considerable lengths to build a reputation for not screwing the customer with unexpected price increases on ordered Broncos.
May the Ford be with you, always.
On Order: Badlands 4-door 2.7, Lux Package, Velocity Blue, non-Sasquatch

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 12, 2022

I ordered in October of 2021, just a few days after ordering opened for the 2022 model year.

I don't think I fall under Ford's price protection, by my dealer has assured me that I am guaranteed to lower MSRP on my vehicle, now standing at $55,110 after I just had him delete the trailer tow package, rather than the newer, higher MSRP of $56,860 that is shown on the B&P for my current configuration and also on the sheet he had me sign to authorize the change.

But I think it is the dealership holding to the old MSRP rather than Ford. This is a dealership that has gone to considerable lengths to build a reputation for not screwing the customer with unexpected price increases on ordered Broncos.
You are getting the price protection from the MY22.5 increase that shows up on the current B&P. As long as you had a order in before the increase, you're good.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Mar 12, 2022

You are getting the price protection from the MY22.5 increase that shows up on the current B&P. As long as you had a order in before the increase, you're good.

I guess I've seen a lot of conflicting information, on the subject, but the most credible seemed to be that the protection applied only to orders placed much earlier than mine was. I could be mistaken, though, in believing that. In any event, my dealer has been adamant in assuring me that I will get the lower price.
May the Ford be with you, always.
On Order: Badlands 4-door 2.7, Lux Package, Velocity Blue, non-Sasquatch

Rank V

Mar 12, 2022

How can the price protect orders from 3/21 if they made you re order 8/21+ for the 22 model?
I also heard that if you change your order it’s not priced protected. If you changed color because the 21 color is not offered anymore do you lose price protection? Do they raise base price if you choose a new for 22 option such as Sasquatch Manual?

Bottom line Ford has no idea what they are doing nor do they care.
I’m still trying to figure out the $1k accessories funds. My dealer Ford customer service and Ford marketing have no idea how to access it.
Bronco 202?

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 12, 2022

How can the price protect orders from 3/21 if they made you re order 8/21+ for the 22 model?
I also heard that if you change your order it’s not priced protected. If you changed color because the 21 color is not offered anymore do you lose price protection? Do they raise base price if you choose a new for 22 option such as Sasquatch Manual?

I’m still trying to figure out the $1k accessories funds. My dealer Ford customer service and Ford marketing have no idea how to access it.

Everything you need to know is laid out right here.

Ford: Pricing Protection and Information for MY22.5

Changing color affects nothing. The only changes that cause you to lose price protection are trim level, number of doors, 4x4 system or package choice.
JMDESROCH, Darrel

Rank V

Mar 12, 2022

Everything you need to know is laid out right here.

Ford: Pricing Protection and Information for MY22.5

Changing color affects nothing. The only changes that cause you to lose price protection are trim level, number of doors, 4x4 system or package choice.
If I added the Sasquatch manual would I have price protection?

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 12, 2022

If I added the Sasquatch manual would I have price protection?

Sasquatch package adds advance 4x4 automatically. So unless you already had that in your order then I'd say you would not qualify for price protection.

Rank V

Mar 12, 2022

I spoke to my dealer this week. I changed from the modular frt. bumper to the one with fog lights. That lowered the price. I have a 22 Badland on order. If the price went up, I would loose my price protection. The Ford rep had been in earlier in the week and gave them his update. So I got a few bucks off and still kept the price protection.
richtor

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

Sasquatch package adds advance 4x4 automatically. So unless you already had that in your order then I'd say you would not qualify for price protection.
21 badlands vs 22 badlands Sasquatch both with the stick. Would base badlands be price protected?

Life is a Highway

Mar 13, 2022

21 badlands vs 22 badlands Sasquatch both with the stick. Would base badlands be price protected?
I thought you got your vehicle already?

Life is a Highway

Mar 13, 2022

It depends on the date you ordered. If it was the non-Sasquatch base badlands with no major changes,ordered before March 19, 2021. Yes It would be protected. But that would change based on dates and changes to the build.

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

It depends on the date you ordered. If it was the non-Sasquatch base badlands with no major changes,ordered before March 19, 2021. Yes It would be protected. But that would change based on dates and changes to the build.
Huh?
I ordered a badlands high pack 2.3 stick reservation 7/14 order late Jan 2021. I wanted the Sasquatch pack but it was not available.
If I did not get my build I would have added Sasquatch to my badlands high pack 2.3 stick. Would it have been price protected?

Currently my build is about $2.2k more with same options. Ford has stated a lot of things these past 2 years and have not followed through. Why I’m asking.
TK1215

Rank III

Mar 13, 2022

I wouldn’t rely on the window sticker Ford sends you.

I ordered my badlands in May 2021 and finally got it a few days ago.

The window sticker Ford sent was $55,515 plus tax but when I went in to pick it up it was $63,510 plus tax. An $8,000 mark-up on my own custom order that I waited 10 months for. They said I am lucky because I ordered it, otherwise they would try to sell it for $69,000.

The annoying part is that there’s a hole in the radiator and I have to drive it with no AC for a few weeks. No idea how that even happens “during transport.” Anyway - that’s my experience with the “mark-up.” Those dealers sure are capping on buyer demand/supplier delays.

Dealing with these “market adjustments” is such a pain the ass but the car itself is BEAUTIFUL. Could I have bought a brand new Range Rover at same price? Yes. But the fact that it’s American made, and totally customized to my taste made it easier for me to pull the trigger on it. Really hope it’s worth it. :)

Attachments

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

The window sticker Ford sent was $55,515 plus tax but when I went in to pick it up it was $63,510 plus tax. An $8,000 mark-up on my own custom order that I waited 10 months for. They said I am lucky because I ordered it, otherwise they would try to sell it for $69,000.

The annoying part is that there’s a hole in the radiator and I have to drive it with no AC for a few weeks. No idea how that even happens “during transport.” Anyway - that’s my experience with the “mark-up.” Those dealers sure are capping on buyer demand/supplier delays.

Dealing with these “market adjustments” is such a pain the ass but the car itself is BEAUTIFUL. Could I have bought a brand new Range Rover at same price? Yes. But the fact that it’s American made, and totally customized to my taste made it easier for me to pull the trigger on it. Really hope it’s worth it. :)
That’s a different story. I hope you did not pay it.

We are speaking of the MSRP price from Ford. I think Ford has had 3 different price increases on the vehicle and options from 2021 to today 2022 Broncos. My MSRP was $48,800. Today to order a Bronco with the same options it would be $51,000 MSRP.
Ford had stated for early reservations they would freeze 2021 prices if the could not build build all early orders.

I’m questioning if they found a way to break that promise.
My Bronco did not have the sound deadening option that was supposed to be free, trying to get that now. I’m also having issues finding the so called $1k accessory funds dealers have access too. Ford Customer Service and Ford Marketing have been no help.
JMDESROCH

Burrito Connoisseur

Mar 13, 2022

That’s a different story. I hope you did not pay it.

We are speaking of the MSRP price from Ford. I think Ford has had 3 different price increases on the vehicle and options from 2021 to today 2022 Broncos. My MSRP was $48,800. Today to order a Bronco with the same options it would be $51,000 MSRP.
Ford had stated for early reservations they would freeze 2021 prices if the could not build build all early orders.

I’m questioning if they found a way to break that promise.
My Bronco did not have the sound deadening option that was supposed to be free, trying to get that now. I’m also having issues finding the so called $1k accessory funds dealers have access too. Ford Customer Service and Ford Marketing have been no help.
Ford's sound deadening was automatically added for all trims except Black Diamond and Badlands (if you didn't order leather). If you had one of those two trims, you had to contact your dealer to get them to add the option (which was free).

Also worth noting that Ford themselves cannot enforce the final selling price. All they can do is offer a certificate/rebate that covers the MSRP increases. You are buying the vehicle from your dealer, not Ford, so ultimately the final selling price is between you and the dealer.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
JMDESROCH, Darrel

Rank VI

Mar 13, 2022

Your right ford doesn’t care. They could have made it all very simple but …. NO.

Rank VI

Mar 13, 2022

Post the dealership name so people know Who to look out for. No one likes con man.
ried