Is Black Modular Roof worth it for 2-door? $1,900 (Already comes with hard top and you can’t remove window like in 4-door..

Gpscharron
Sep 22, 2020

Rank V

Sep 22, 2020

I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
2021 Bronco - Badlands - 4 door - 2.7 - Upgraded Rims/MT tires - V.B.
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 22, 2020

I wouldn't even be remotely interested in taking the rear windows out. I could think of other ways to spend that money. And the gray top will probably look good with any of the available colors.
Superkustom, Calgecko

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2020

I’m getting the 4 door, which comes with a soft top, but living in Arizona, I absolutely need a hard top. I will definitely go with the modular one since it will be easier to get on and off and gives you more configuration options. I think it’s worth it for the extra cost.

I think it’s a harder decision with the two door since it already comes with the hard top. I guess a deciding factor might be if you will be wanting to take the roof on/off. If so the modular might be a good investment since it will come off in pieces.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 23, 2020

I’m getting the 4 door, which comes with a soft top, but living in Arizona, I absolutely need a hard top. I will definitely go with the modular one since it will be easier to get on and off and gives you more configuration options. I think it’s worth it for the extra cost.

How do you think the modular will be easier to get on and off?? The only difference is the ability to remove the rear side windows with the modular top. The regular mic hard top still has the removable front panels and removable panel over the rear passengers.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2020

The black modular roof looks awesome and the ability to literally take it apart is great. Glad it comes standard with the Wildtrak.

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2020

I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
I wished ford explained how the modular top differs from the standard hard top besides color on the two door? I was stoked to think rear windows come off now not sure if it’s worth it.
Green bean 73, Reidski29

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2020

How do you think the modular will be easier to get on and off?? The only difference is the ability to remove the rear side windows with the modular top. The regular mic hard top still has the removable front panels and removable panel over the rear passengers.
I guess I haven’t researched enough, Haha. I assume at some point Ford will release more detail
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank V

Sep 23, 2020

It's only worth it if you want the look of the smooth, glossy, black painted top.

As a buyer, I would assume (for your own sake) it doesn't function any different and isn't made out of any different material. Base it on what you know: it looks different. It's simply a different mold and a bunch more prep and finish.
Gpscharron, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2020

It's a lot more than a 'smooth, glossy, black painted top':

The standard roof has three removable sections: two over the front occupants that can be safely stored in the trunk and a larger rear clamshell-like section that'll have to stay behind. This is essentially identical to how the current Jeep Wrangler 2-Door's roof is set up.

However, there's an upgrade that offers more versatility. The premium painted option gains a fourth section: a removable panel that spans the rear seats and cargo area, effectively breaking the rear section into smaller parts, making both removal and storage more convenient.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-roof/

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 23, 2020

The standard roof has three removable sections: two over the front occupants that can be safely stored in the trunk and a larger rear clamshell-like section that'll have to stay behind. This is essentially identical to how the current Jeep Wrangler 2-Door's roof is set up.

However, there's an upgrade that offers more versatility. The premium painted option gains a fourth section: a removable panel that spans the rear seats and cargo area, effectively breaking the rear section into smaller parts, making both removal and storage more convenient.

The mic top has the removable section over the rear passengers as well. The only thing the modular brings to the table, other than a different finish, is the removable rear windows.

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Sep 23, 2020

I don't care about white/gray/black color top - all I am curious about, is having the sections above the driver/passenger to be removable... will probably never actually take the top off, or take the rear windows out
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks

Rank V

Sep 23, 2020

Sorry, I didn't think that was the case for the 2 door. I thought the 2 door was the same 3 parts either way. But, you're right - there is like an old school "sun roof" looking pop out over the back seats for the modular hard top.

1600889624194.png1600891103626.png1600891066082.png
D190065, TXArchitect

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2020

Sorry, I didn't think that was the case for the 2 door. I thought the 2 door was the same 3 parts either way. But, you're right - there is like an old school "sun roof" looking pop out over the back seats for the modular hard top.

View attachment 3667

No problem. There seems to be cross-information daily :)

Rank V

Sep 24, 2020

View attachment 3667View attachment 3669View attachment 3668
Is that a cargo cover hanging from the roof?

Rank V

Sep 25, 2020

Sorry... I’m not seeing what you’re referencing. There’s just the roof (with the removeable panel) and the roll bar with the seatbelt and speakers attached.

Rank VI

Sep 25, 2020

I live in a relatively hot environment. Hard too is my only way to go. 4 door for me to fit more little people on family outings. The window pop out is a nice feature but probably not used often. Standard color goes with any combination of paint so happy with the options available.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]

Rank VI

Sep 25, 2020

We plan on getting a roof rack so the ability to take portions of the top off while keeping the rack on is extremely appealing.

Rank II

Sep 25, 2020

Is it possible to drive with the roof rack on but all the panels removed? I thought I saw a picture of this but was unsure. Really want to understand if the rack can stay on and all panels can be removed without taking off the rack.

This is because I could have kayaks, mountain bikes, or a cargo box up top and would want to be able to remove the sides on a nice sunny day without taking everything off the roof off, just to get some air.

Rank V

Sep 25, 2020

Is it possible to drive with the roof rack on but all the panels removed? I thought I saw a picture of this but was unsure. Really want to understand if the rack can stay on and all panels can be removed without taking off the rack.

This is because I could have kayaks, mountain bikes, or a cargo box up top and would want to be able to remove the sides on a nice sunny day without taking everything off the roof off, just to get some air.

Yes. Photo: front panels removed and mid panel in process of coming off.

1601040506382.png
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 25, 2020

I wish I understood the roof options better. I'm getting a 2 door. I love the moon roof on my 3rd gen 4 runner, so I definitely want that on my Bronco. I understand there is no Moon roof, but you can remove the roof completely. And I understand that at least one of the roof options allow you to remove the roof panels. if you do have a roof rack installed, it has to be connected to the roof. You can't just remove the roof and bolt the rack onto the roll cage (that would be awesome if you could!). And if you have a roof rack on, you can still remove panels above the front seats (on particular roof options?). It's too bad the rear windows can't pivot out so the doggies/kids can get some air flow on rainy days. I'm not sure what the difference is between molded in color and the standard black/grey/body matching roofs. I also haven't seen any confirmation that you can get a white roof yet, or different colors than black or grey. I hope the build and price animations and descriptions will answer my questions