Is $6500 a good price for 1995 EB

FrankieTrey
Sep 22, 2021

Rank III

Sep 22, 2021

I’m new to the Bronco life and have a 2021 BB on the way but I’m looking for a legacy Bronco to use in the meantime.

I found a 1995 Eddie Bauer that is running has some rust listed for $6500.

Before I make the trip down to see it, is this a normal price? Does this have the potential to be flipped for profit once I receive the 2021 Bronco?

If it is, what should I look out for when I go look at the truck?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021

Rank V

Sep 22, 2021

Rust?
4-dr / 2.7 / 7/14-RES /1/25-Ord /changed to 4 dr. soft top 08/20/21/ in production 09/28/21/ Badlands/Sasquatch/Build complete on 10/16 with a 10/30-11/05 ETA , At Dealer 10/31/2021!!!

Rank VI

Sep 22, 2021

Rust? Run away!

Rank V

Sep 22, 2021

4-dr / 2.7 / 7/14-RES /1/25-Ord /changed to 4 dr. soft top 08/20/21/ in production 09/28/21/ Badlands/Sasquatch/Build complete on 10/16 with a 10/30-11/05 ETA , At Dealer 10/31/2021!!!
Calgecko

Rank VI

Sep 22, 2021

How much rust are we taking about?
What work has been done to it?
Which engine does it have?
What is the overall condition?
Is it mechanically sound?

$6500 isn't really a lot of money for something that is running nowadays, so the price seems low if it is in good shape. But if it is in poor condition and has some issues it will either be a handyman special or a bottomless pit of time and money.

It doesn't sound like there is a lot of room to make a buck to flip if there is rust, unless it is crazy low mileage with a 5.8 v8 in good condition. Then maybe you would get 25% over what you put in it if the work done was quality.

Good luck. Tits.
cscottp67, Bronc96

Rank VI

Sep 22, 2021

Check the rear hangers for the leaf springs where the mount to the frame. If they are rusted badly …. you should walk away. As stated above Rust is your biggest issue. Starting a 6,500 with a rust bucket... is only going to make your life very hard. You can still find these in Arizona/New Mexico/West Texas for around that price. Ship it to your house for a few thousand and you are still WAAAAAY better off in the long run. Even finding a rust free desert Bronco with a blown motor or tranny for 6,500 …. would be a better purchase than a great running rust bucket.

Motors and trannys are just pull and replace parts ……. metal work and rust repair is an art form … and the labor cost will reflect that.

For a few grand more these are where the value are. The upgrades alone make up for the extra cash. For those in the know … that tailgate looks almost new.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1995-ford-bronco/7372152934.html

If you want to start a project. Find a rust free starting base

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/munds-park-1987-bronco-xlt-project-rig/7374856631.html
Bronc96, TitsLaRue

Rank V

Sep 22, 2021

One thing I have learned about Florida used vehicles is if you are buying them in Florida and they originally came from the midwest or northeast, run! They have years of salt embedded in them and Florida's hot moist temperatures will cause them to flake chunks of rust. Also get any vehicle you are looking at up on a rack to inspect the entire undercarriage. Even local vehicles can be rust buckets if not properly maintained.
I thought I retired, then I started restoring my Bronco!
69 Bronco Sport Wagon 351w 3spd on the floor,
2nd owner same family!
Bronc96

Rank III

Sep 22, 2021

Thanks for your help everyone. I’ll hold off for a rust free start to this project.
paul rondelli, oldgoat

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2021

If you can find one without deep frame rust ….. It would still make a great project.

Check out the 1980 through 1986 Broncos. These are the Bull nose Broncos with the square headlight. In my opinion these will be the next Broncos to sky rocket in price ( with the 1986 year being the most valuable since it was the first year with EFI). Find one that has a blown motor or tranny ( since they are getting old it isn't that hard to find one needing a power train upgrade). The interior can be trashed as long as the floor pans, tailgate, and fender wells are not rusted all to hell. You should be able to pick a project Bullnose Bronco in rough shape for a few grand.

The buyers market is not in Love with bull nose F150's 4x4 (1980 -1986). I have seen these in excellent condition going for 3,500. Now you mad scientist the hell out of the F150 …. pulling everything off that will directly bolt up to your Bronco. Since these are 90% the same ride …. that list is very long.

Now you have a excellent condition Bull nose Bronco …. add a decent paint job … these are going for 10,000 all day long.

It is just sad that the bull nose F150 (short bed 4x4) will never get the same love as the bull nose Bronco.

On a side note …. be careful on the 1980 and 1981 years. Ford thought it would save some weight to cut holes in the Frame …. resulting in what Ford guys call the swiss cheese frame. It wouldn't affect the donor F150 (since your not using the frame). But you can use the defect to negotiate the price down.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/359826-swiss-cheese-frames.html

A quick question about a '96 Ranger | The Ranger Station
TitsLaRue, FrankieTrey

Rank III

Sep 23, 2021

Wow. Incredibly helpful post. This feels like a more clear direction to follow.

Thank you

If you can find one without deep frame rust ….. It would still make a great project.

Check out the 1980 through 1986 Broncos. These are the Bull nose Broncos with the square headlight. In my opinion these will be the next Broncos to sky rocket in price ( with the 1986 year being the most valuable since it was the first year with EFI). Find one that has a blown motor or tranny ( since they are getting old it isn't that hard to find one needing a power train upgrade). The interior can be trashed as long as the floor pans, tailgate, and fender wells are not rusted all to hell. You should be able to pick a project Bullnose Bronco in rough shape for a few grand.

The buyers market is not in Love with bull nose F150's 4x4 (1980 -1986). I have seen these in excellent condition going for 3,500. Now you mad scientist the hell out of the F150 …. pulling everything off that will directly bolt up to your Bronco. Since these are 90% the same ride …. that list is very long.

Now you have a excellent condition Bull nose Bronco …. add a decent paint job … these are going for 10,000 all day long.

It is just sad that the bull nose F150 (short bed 4x4) will never get the same love as the bull nose Bronco.

On a side note …. be careful on the 1980 and 1981 years. Ford thought it would save some weight to cut holes in the Frame …. resulting in what Ford guys call the swiss cheese frame. It wouldn't affect the donor F150 (since your not using the frame). But you can use the defect to negotiate the price down.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/359826-swiss-cheese-frames.html

View attachment 18602